GDT: 10/25 Nj Devils @ LA Kings 7:30pm PST

DevilinLA

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: NJ DEVILS @ LA KINGS 7:30PST/10:30 EST TUE 10/25/11 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, every year I like to throw out the Ol' GDT once a year when the boys come to our neighborhood (or the "hood" in general)! Here's to some revenge from last year! :cheers:

I will once again be up on the glass behind our boys bench if anyone wishes to stop and say "hi" - I'll be in the GW Langenbrunner RED ("insert comments here...."). Time to show LA that JErsey fans are true hockey fans! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

STORYLINE:

“We were getting better game to game and I think the last two definitely haven’t been our best. So, I guess we just need to address what we’ve been doing differently. We haven’t been as crisp with our passing coming out of our own zone. That’s been one big difference. We’ve been stuck in our own zone for an extended period of time and not able to get in the offensive to get some attack going.” - Devils captain Zach Parise

Kovalchuk has a team-leading 6 points, including 2 goals, in six games for the Devils. All his points have been scored in the team's last five contests.

PROJECTED DEVIL'S LINE-UP:

Sykora - Elias - Zubrus

Kovalchuk - Parise - Palmieri

Tedenby - Henrique - Clarkson

Pelley - Mills - Janssen

Greene - Larsson

Tallinder - Fayne

Volchenkov - Salvador

Hedberg

Kinkaid

Injuries:

Travis Zajac (torn Achilles tendon)

Jacob Josefson (broken clavicle)

Martin Brodeur (bruised shoulder)

Eric Boulton (sore hand, might play)

PROJECTED KING'S LINE-UP:

Simon Gagne - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams

Dustin Penner - Mike Richards - Dustin Brown

Brad Richardson - Jarret Stoll - Ethan Moreau

Kyle Clifford - Trevor Lewis - Trent Hunter

Rob Scuderi - Jack Johnson

Willie Mitchell - Slava Voynov

Alec Martinez - Matt Greene

Jonathan Bernier - projected to start

Jonathan Quick

Edited by DevilinLA

JA byłby bardzo podobny wobec zobaczyć ten Diabły hokej drużyna zabezpieczyć pewien zwycięstwo dziś wieczorem w stosunku do ten Los Anioły Królowie. JA byłby także podobny wobec mieć płeć rezygnować Jenifer Miłość Rąbanie , oprócz pewien Diabły zyskać jest liczniejszy prawdopodobny.

JA byłby bardzo podobny wobec zobaczyć ten Diabły hokej drużyna zabezpieczyć pewien zwycięstwo dziś wieczorem w stosunku do ten Los Anioły Królowie. JA byłby także podobny wobec mieć płeć rezygnować Jenifer Miłość Rąbanie , oprócz pewien Diabły zyskać jest liczniejszy prawdopodobny.

I would very much like to see the Devils hockey team secured a victory tonight against theLos Angels Kings. I would also like to have sex, Jennifer Love abandon hacking, in addition to a Devils win is likely more numerous.

Jennifer Love Abandon Hacking is HAWT!

Somewhere out there, a girl named Jennifer Love Abandon Hacking is weeping gently.

Christ, what a terrible translation that was. Remind me to never use that site again.

It's Hewitt, people! Jennifer Love Hewitt!

HA! :rofl:

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!

Luckily we're not facing Quick tonight. Considering he's coming off three back-to-back shutouts, it could have been a disaster.

why does this have anything to do with anything?

if the 'hot hand' were a real thing, wouldn't we see much wider divisions in GAA/SV% than we do? pretty sure that a goalie coming off a shutout does just as well as a goalie not coming off a shutout.

if the 'hot hand' were a real thing, wouldn't we see much wider divisions in GAA/SV% than we do? pretty sure that a goalie coming off a shutout does just as well as a goalie not coming off a shutout.

A goalie with back to back to back shutouts is going to have a lot of confidence in his game. Confidence goes a long way in not just sports, but life in general. LGD!

A goalie with back to back to back shutouts is going to have a lot of confidence in his game. Confidence goes a long way in not just sports, but life in general. LGD!

Again, if this is a real effect. we would see a lot more consecutive shutouts than we should expect due to chance, or goalies' performance being radically different after a shutout than after a bad game, say.

Confidence and lack-of-confidence. One shutout happens all the time. Two shutouts is pretty rare. Three shutouts in a row? The goalie feels like he is in the zone, and the opposing team (ie, us) knows perfectly well that this guy hasn't allowed a goal in over 180 minutes of hockey. It gets into the goalie's head and it sure as hell gets into our heads.

All I'm saying is I'd much rather not have those factors influence this game.