67 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

What happened to the Cowboys last night?

the same crap that's plagued them under the entire Jason Garrett error.....

Speaking of stuff to make you nauseous, did anyone see the display of idiocy AGAIN from Schiano this week at the end of the Raider game??
I was never more embarrassed watching the end of a football game.....I really seriously hate this fool......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

the same crap that's plagued them under the entire Jason Garrett error.....

Speaking of stuff to make you nauseous, did anyone see the display of idiocy AGAIN from Schiano this week at the end of the Raider game??
I was never more embarrassed watching the end of a football game.....I really seriously hate this fool......

. No, what happened?

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

No, what happened?

Instead of taking knees when running out the end of the game he calls this idiotic handoffs to Doug Martin having him run around like a moron in the backfield to kill as much time as possible (Raiders out of timeouts and they show the Raiders coach with a "WTF is this stupid crap" look on his face)..... Martin ends up losing 20 yards on the drive (which was hilarious mind you), but once again at the end of the game with things over and the other team ready to concede and get the hell out of there, he has to be a damn clown and embarrass himself again.....I was wishing someone was gonna clip Martin's knees out during this joke....I can't stand Schiano as IS....all this end of game stupidity is just justifying it...it annoys me the NFL network said nothing about it....take the damn knee and get out of there (then again I'd not blame the other team for torpedoing Freeman if he DID take a knee)....I know making friends around the league is not a job requirement, but Jesus have a shred of class at the game's end......

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

Instead of taking knees when running out the end of the game he calls this idiotic handoffs to Doug Martin having him run around like a moron in the backfield to kill as much time as possible (Raiders out of timeouts and they show the Raiders coach with a "WTF is this stupid crap" look on his face)..... Martin ends up losing 20 yards on the drive (which was hilarious mind you), but once again at the end of the game with things over and the other team ready to concede and get the hell out of there, he has to be a damn clown and embarrass himself again.....I was wishing someone was gonna clip Martin's knees out during this joke....I can't stand Schiano as IS....all this end of game stupidity is just justifying it...it annoys me the NFL network said nothing about it....take the damn knee and get out of there (then again I'd not blame the other team for torpedoing Freeman if he DID take a knee)....I know making friends around the league is not a job requirement, but Jesus have a shred of class at the game's end......

. Maybe Schiano was afraid of a little of his own medicine on the kneel down. :P

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Maybe Schiano was afraid of a little of his own medicine on the kneel down. :P

He should be....the lil fish is making WAY too much noise and the Sharks in the big pond are gonna find him and chew his ass up!!

San Diego, Atlanta and Denver are coming up on the schedule too.....

#46 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Lmfao, the Cowboys locked Jerry Jones out of the locker room last night. http://profootballta...oom-after-game/

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Lmfao, the Cowboys locked Jerry Jones out of the locker room last night. http://profootballta...oom-after-game/

He was quoting as saying "if he was the GM he'd fire himself" too.....well....

The only emotion I have for this team now is disgust.....

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,754 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

He was quoting as saying "if he was the GM he'd fire himself" too.....well....

The only emotion I have for this team now is disgust.....

. Right? Than fire yourself a$$hole! Lmfao, what a joke.

#49 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Jerry Jones while making tons of money off the history of the Dallas Cowboys has pretty much made them a joke, post Jimmy Johnson.

That being said, there is a Special on the NFL Network looking at Jimmy Johnson and how HE built them into Superbowl Champions, which could have been a dynasty if Jones wasn't so insecure.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#50 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

I didn't see the end of the game, so I just looked at the play-by-play of the box score to find out what happened. Since Oakland used their last time out after 1st down with 1:31 to go, the Bucs could not kneel down twice to end the game. Two kneels would leave about 7 seconds left so if you didn't want Oakland to get the ball back, you would have to waste a bit of time running around which the Bucs did.

Here is the thing though. Because Oakland called timeout with 1:31 left down 10, making sure Tampa could not kneel down two more times to end the game, I think that gives Coach Schiano cart blanche to do whatever he wants. It was Oakland's dumb timeout that made it so the game couldn't end after 3rd down. But something tells me Mr. Schiano does not believe in kneeling down anyway. So Denis Allen might have been pissed after the 1st down wasn't a kneel so he called timeout. One of those, if you aren't going into victory formation, I am not conceding the game as a coach either....type deals...which led to this crap.

Proper NFL protocol is to kneel 4 times if it is more than a 1 score game and turn the ball over, where the losing team left with any clock will also kneel to end the game.

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wonder if Andy Reid gets fired after tonight and/or if Vick gets benched,
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#52 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Firing coaches mid-season rarely does anything useful......I wish they would sit Vick already.....I picked up Foles in my money league dammit.....good God Reid is one stubborn jackass till the very end....doesn't hand the ball off....sticks with Vick as the Phily Titanic burns around them.....

Vick's brother tweeting SAVE HIM was hilarious!

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Holy Crap! When did thei Eagles become the worst offensive line in the NFL. They made the Saints D look like the 85 Bears.
Vick is endangered with every snap and no holes for McCoy. Yikes.

Should be an epic comedy of errors against Dallas from both sides.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,824 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Holy Crap! When did thei Eagles become the worst offensive line in the NFL. They made the Saints D look like the 85 Bears.
Vick is endangered with every snap and no holes for McCoy. Yikes.

Should be an epic comedy of errors against Dallas from both sides.

Anti-Football!!! :wub:
(which is about the ONLY way I get fired up for a Cowboys game these days.....)

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

The slights against Miami and the Super Bowl Champion Giants are just bitter envy coming from a blind Jets fan.

I am afraid your take on Flacco seems correct. The potenital to be an elite QB is there for Flacco, but for some reason he can't seem to make that hurdle on a consistent basis. We are winning ugly, but will get crushed by NE, or Houston come crunch time.
Our D is weak but we are making some plays when it counts. But without Lewis and Webb it's an illusion of strength.

NE is back to paper-tiger status until further notice. They can fatten up the point differential at any time as we saw againt the Rams, which always looks good at a glance in the standings, and there are some bad offenses that can't take advantage of the Patriots' D, but come playoff time, I think they can probably lose to anyone, including the Ravens. Put it this way...I won't be surprised if they lose to anyone who makes the AFC playoffs. It's crucial that they find a way to nab the #2 seed...they need as short a path and as much help as possible come playoff time. That loss against the Ravens really hurts NE from a tie-breaker standpoint...if NE finishes as a #3 or #4, no way they get to the Super Bowl...no way their D holds up.

The key thing about Flacco is that you can win with him, provided enough other pieces are in place for him to succeed. The elite QB class doesn't always take home the prize, as we've seen many many times.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 06 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#56 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

The key thing about Flacco is that you can win with him, provided enough other pieces are in place for him to succeed. The elite QB class doesn't always take home the prize, as we've seen many many times.

What pieces will fit? The Ravens defense does not look good at all. In the last 15 or so years we have seen dominant QBs win titles or historically good defenses. With Big Ben and Eli, we have seen outstanding quarterbacks backed by fantastic defenses.

Nothing in that time period has shown the Ravens will win this title.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

What pieces will fit? The Ravens defense does not look good at all. In the last 15 or so years we have seen dominant QBs win titles or historically good defenses. With Big Ben and Eli, we have seen outstanding quarterbacks backed by fantastic defenses.

Nothing in that time period has shown the Ravens will win this title.

My point was you can win with Flacco if you put him on a good team with pieces in place, and don't necessarily have to rely on him. I didn't say the 2012 Ravens fit that bill.

With teams like this year's Ravens, you can look at them one of two ways...even though they're -7 in point differential, the fact that they keep finding ways to win bodes well for them...or you can say that they've been very lucky, and that they law of averages should rear its ugly head any day. At any rate, they're 6-2...not a bad place to be.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#58 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

The Ravens being 6-2, along with the Falcons being 8-0 or the Bears and Texans 7-1 show how ridiculous the NFL season is. There are simply no great teams right now. I'd be quite surprised if any of those 4 teams ended up winning the Super Bowl, let alone making it. For what it's worth, Vegas agrees because only the Texans are in the top 5 in terms of Super Bowl odds.

I just can't give these teams credit for pulling out tight wins against bad teams where the other team's coaching staff do more to hinder their chances than the players do. I think that goes for any team coached by Garret, Rivera, Shurmur, and Crennel.

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,733 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

You have a handful of teams capable of greatness at times, but none that can really sustain it. The Bears intrigue me because they're managing to play good defense in an era where the NFL doesn't seem to want anyone to be able to do that.

#30 FOREVER!

#60 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

My point was you can win with Flacco if you put him on a good team with pieces in place, and don't necessarily have to rely on him. I didn't say the 2012 Ravens fit that bill.

With teams like this year's Ravens, you can look at them one of two ways...even though they're -7 in point differential, the fact that they keep finding ways to win bodes well for them...or you can say that they've been very lucky, and that they law of averages should rear its ugly head any day. At any rate, they're 6-2...not a bad place to be.

Flacco is usually great in the playoffs, but I don't believe in our D without Ray Lewis and Ladarious Webb out and Ngata and Reed both playing badly hurt. Suggs isn't even 100%. But if we can just keep winning we are just as good as NE, ATL and Chicago.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users