NFL Week 15...the birthday edition!

CRASHER

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Parcells signed Romo. And Dez is a disaster. Jerry Jones is a horrible personnel guy.

Dez is not a disaster.  On the field, the guy is an absolute beast.   You probably had half of the GMs in the league that thought he would implode by now.  He has his moments, but in the end, it isn't really that much worse than what you got from TO. He's certainly in a better state than someone like Justin Blackmon who is not even playing in the spotlight, but who was drafted higher.

The knock you keep hearing about the Cowboys is that they're underachievers.  That implies that the talent is there. 

Dez is not a disaster. On the field, the guy is an absolute beast. You probably had half of the GMs in the league that thought he would implode by now. He has his moments, but in the end, it isn't really that much worse than what you got from TO. He's certainly in a better state than someone like Justin Blackmon who is not even playing in the spotlight, but who was drafted higher.

The knock you keep hearing about the Cowboys is that they're underachievers. That implies that the talent is there.

He's a disaster. The sh!t he pulled the other day was unacceptable on every level. He's supremely talented, but he's the definition of a headcase. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

He's a disaster. The sh!t he pulled the other day was unacceptable on every level. He's supremely talented, but he's the definition of a headcase. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

He certainly would not have lasted in Miami, especially when Sporano was the coach. 

Don't get me wrong, he certainly is a head case, but he'll be playing the next game, and the game after that, and so on, and will likely be the best receiver on the field for either team. His antics might not be pretty, but it's no worse, and probably a lot more tame than some of the crap TO would pull, but he'll probably be in the Hall of Fame some day. 

So you have to give credit to Jerry Jones for taking a chance on Dez, and doing enough to make it work, warts and all, up until now.  Dez could have very well have ended up like Charles Rogers or Justin Blackmon.  But for the time being, you can count on him scaring the day lights out of opponents for many years to come. 

Edited by Daniel

1. Look how Obama's screwing up healthcare :P....having the gov't get involved would only make it worse....

And you mean the Cowboys starting center who's stabilized the entire offensive line and filled a major hole on the team?? Maybe he was drafted a bit early but this was no Arian Foster, Fredrick was a GOOD pick, their second pick was Escobar, who maybe drops a few too many but he's been a good TE-2....Terrance Williams has made Miles Austin expendable (and thank God for that, I'm sick of his brittle ass).....and he did grab Joesph Randle in the 5th too, who was an OK backup....three productive players in his first 3 picks is doing your job in the draft!

Even the year before.....Claiborne is a fine man cover guy (and was ideal for Rob Ryan's attack scheme....but this is about Jerry the drafter, not the wanna be DC), Crawford has been on IR all season so can't tell there, Wilber has been moved to DE, and he was ok early on...had a few decent games when Ware was out....again, not awful....but not as many gems as this year....

2. He did, but the idiot ginger took the play calling away around Thanksgiving....and that's right about when the Cowboys got stupid again (shocking)....honestly I can't even blame Dez Bryant for walking off at the end of the game anymore....dude's fed up with the stupidity out there....the 2nd half of this game falls clearly on Garrett....NFL on XM was talking about how a coach (Pete Carroll) calls plays and how he explains the context of the play and the situation as he does....it takes 5 seconds to say "don't check out of the run unless there's 11 guys in the box, and if you have to, don't be afraid to take the sack and keep the clock moving"..... C O A C H I N G (yes Jerry is a part of the problem.....but even a good puppet has his QB-coach moments .....and as an ex-QB for frak's sake....DO YOUR JOB!)

Taking this team from an attack 3-4 to this idiot stop no one cover 2 scheme....yeah that's on Jerry.....

Not going to go into Obamcare (suffice it to say I know a lot of private contractors, small businesses, and senior citizens who are already seeing huge savings and better benefits from it).

As far as his drafting record I guess time will tell. I didn't realize you center looks like a huge win. I remember when Felix Jones was considered a big draft win. Dez Bryant looks like an immature head case.

You can't blame Ginger if he is getting his marching orders from above. Looking at the teams history, I would imagine even if he wanted to take a stand he will get fired. Listening to Jones defending the questionable play calling has to reinforce that.

On top of that the Players know who the real power is which sort of makes the coach irrelevant.

Accurate or not, anything our gov't gets its slimey hands on by rule is instantly mismanaged and wasteful regardless of who's in office or who suggests it....that's 'Merica for ya!!!

(anyway....I was using as a response to gov't intervention on the Cowboys anyway :P )

You name me the team that the Owner then GM then Head Coach is the ultimate power?? That's just the way it goes....it just happens to be the same guy does the top 2 jobs here

And somehow I can't see Garrett getting fired by running the clock out at the end of a football game up by 2 scores no matter what Madden-achievement the owner wanted to get at the end of the game....you man up, you grab your QB by the facemask and tell him to hand the damn ball off under penalty of death, benching or MORE.....and all of a sudden you watch your team respect you a lil bit more for showing some balls on the sideline....instead of your analyzing Ray Handley garbage in your post game presser......