GDT: Devils @ Avalanche 9:00 PM EST

ThreeCups

How can you?These players score 5 on 5, 4 on 4 etc. They know how to deke with the ice full. They know how to score with players trying to take their head off. Yet they can't when no one is trying to take the puck away? Sound a more of a mental bullet in their head at this point? Yeah

Edited by CarterforPresident

Both Devils shooters put themselves in situations with large parts of the net wide open....then shot it where it wouldn't go in.

Practice may help putting yourself in a good situation, but there's not much to be done about a NHL player missing open net.

Edited by Devils731

I'd seriously like to know how you can practice the shootout.

Simple- spend 20 minutes at the end of practice practicing the shootout. 'Practicing the shootout' is pretty self-explanatory. Its fvcking break-away practice. All it is. It couldn't hurt, that's for damn sure.

Like they do every other fvcking drill in practice, by just doing it on their own goalies. Do it until every skater has scored at least once.

Stop taking the damn apologist route every friggin time.

Wow that's weird.  Unless we're shooting at our own goalies during the actual in game shootout, I fail to see how this helps.

I'd seriously like to know how you can practice the shootout.

You can't really "practice". What you can do is separate the players with the "hands" or those who have a skill at it and go with that. Perhaps the video guys can make SO videos of the goaltender they are facing that night and see if they can find tendencies or weaknesses and just play the percentages. That's all you can really do. It's a pure skill, it's not something learned and some players, even HOF players, don't have it. 

You can't really "practice". What you can do is separate the players with the "hands" or those who have a skill at it and go with that. Perhaps the video guys can make SO videos of the goaltender they are facing that night and see if they can find tendencies or weaknesses and just play the percentages. That's all you can really do. It's a pure skill, it's not something learned and some players, even HOF players, don't have it.

That's too much work for this coaching staff apparently as well.

Simple- spend 20 minutes at the end of practice practicing the shootout. 'Practicing the shootout' is pretty self-explanatory. Its fvcking break-away practice. All it is. It couldn't hurt, that's for damn sure.

I guess, but they're still shooting on their own goalies.

It does if you're practicing something that you don't think helps you as much as practicing something else would.

At worst it's good cardio like every other practice and nothing else is as glaring as this.

I guess, but they're still shooting on their own goalies.

It's better than what they are doing now which is nothing. 0-11 it's time to start doing things differently.

Wow that's weird. Unless we're shooting at our own goalies during the actual in game shootout, I fail to see how this helps.

We did break-away drills in practice all the time when I played in high school. Teams at all levels practice one-on-the-goalie's all the time, and have since the beginning of time, long before the shootout even existed. So yeah. I disagree wholeheartedly. It can help a lot, certainly with confidence if nothing else.

What the hell good is it gonna do to practice the shootout on Cory? He'll make fayne look like dangleberry.

Devils have scored 37 goals for Schneider in his 23 starts (1.60 goals per game). Shooting at a 6.28% clip for him. Devils have scored 1 goal or less in 10 of his starts (43.47%). I feel for this guy.

That's what I'm saying. Sure he isn't very good in shootouts. But overall he has played great and has almost nothing to show for it because the team doesn't score goals for him.

Edited by 95Crash