Parise: “Gary’s pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenu

msweet

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/parise-garys-pretty-adamant-about-his-third-lockout-of-his-tenure/

“I think the ’04-’05 season is still pretty fresh in everyone’s minds, and now we find ourselves in the same position,” Parise said after a workout in St. Louis Park on Tuesday, Aug. 26. “It’s not good for the game. It’s not good for anyone. We’re ready to play. We want to play. But (NHL commissioner) Gary (Bettman)’s pretty adamant about his third lockout of his tenure.”

Are any of the "up-front money guys" on the negotiating committee or player reps? That must be an uncomfortable situation. Grinders aren't getting paid a dime unless they can be two-wayed out to the minors, and you have a check cut for $10M payable regardless of what happens... and he gets paid on 7/1 of NEXT year even if there's no hockey.

And he doesn't see the irony, lol.

Are any of the "up-front money guys" on the negotiating committee or player reps? That must be an uncomfortable situation. Grinders aren't getting paid a dime unless they can be two-wayed out to the minors, and you have a check cut for $10M payable regardless of what happens... and he gets paid on 7/1 of NEXT year even if there's no hockey.

And he doesn't see the irony, lol.

Athletes are pretty short on irony. I don't think the bonus money should be an issue - Parise earned that. I would think the fact his and contracts like his steal money out of everyone else's pocket, that should be upsetting. But I never hear a peep about that.

Athletes are pretty short on irony. I don't think the bonus money should be an issue - Parise earned that. I would think the fact his and contracts like his steal money out of everyone else's pocket, that should be upsetting. But I never hear a peep about that.

As Milton Friedman said, it's always the other guy that's greedy.

i went and got the most outrageous contract, not just for me but my childhood butbuddy and now i complain about how the owners are greedy and are ruining the league for players less fortunate. i get laughed at for my lack of off the ice integrity, but that's ok, i'm not a devil anymore, i don't need integrity.

• Like 2

That we don't like Zach shouldn't make us value anything he says less. He wants to play -- he's probably wanted to play with his lover forever, so the lockout matters to him. I don't see him making sh!t up out of nowhere. Also, he has a point about Bettman.

Take a pay cut then

It ain't the players' fault. It's the same story...the owners can't control themselves, EVER. Parise's contract isn't the only absurd one out there.

That we don't like Zach shouldn't make us value anything he says less. He wants to play -- he's probably wanted to play with his lover forever, so the lockout matters to him. I don't see him making sh!t up out of nowhere. Also, he has a point about Bettman.

Every deal that is constructed in a way that shorts the cap hit, in a given year, takes money out of other players' wallets when the owners overpay the linkage %.

Parise can go fvck himself... but the players shouldn't have to concede a dime this time. The league doesn't belong in some of these small markets and that's all there is to it. When my uncle can go to a Panthers game and buy a $10 ticket and sit in the best seats in the arena because no one goes the league doesn't belong there... Bettman is a fvcking scumbag. Case closed. If the owners don't like revenue sharing the way it is how about they all just buy equal shares into the NHL instead of owning individual teams? Then, they can all get an equal percentage of the profit.

More time for you to spoon Suter on that money mattess Zach!