NFL Week 14

CRASHER

What excuses??

The Cowboys AGAIN.. had the foot on the gas.. AGAIN... and under Wade Phillips AGAIN became the NY Jets, plain and simple no excuses.. no ways around it... coaching staff AND ASSISTANT... good job and good luck in your future endeavors!!!

You gotta run the table UP TEN POINTS and you hand it back on a silver platter... way to go!!!

though no team that plays in that sh!thole in the Swamp can talk TODAY :P

Yeah please, I agree with you Crasher and you too MB. Cowboys had that game WON and they sat back and let a terrible offensive showing by the Steelers (who on offense is really not that good today) finally score a TD, then Romo throws the INT which was not really his fault because Witten ran the wrong route and blamed it on him. Out of the 3-INT's Romo had, only one was really his doing. the first was T.O. giving up on his route. The Cowboys needed to put them away and they kept them around and gave them an early Xmas present on a silver platter. The Cowboys defense was solid again and it was the offense that let them down.

Today's Cowboys game is a tough loss to swallow, but they are still in the playoff hunt and hold the last WC spot with the Falcons losing to the Saints today. Cowboys have the hardest schedule in December and today they had a game that was won and should have won. Tough pill to swallow and they will be ready for their last 3-games of the season. They should be pissed off after giving away that game.

Edited by SatansDevils

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah please, I agree with you Crasher and you too MB. Cowboys had that game WON and they sat back and let a terrible offensive showing by the Steelers (who on offense is really not that good today) finally score a TD, then Romo throws the INT which was not really his fault because Witten ran the wrong route and blamed it on him. Out of the 3-INT's Romo had, only one was really his doing. the first was T.O. giving up on his route. The Cowboys needed to put them away and they kept them around and gave them an early Xmas present on a silver platter. The Cowboys defense was solid again and it was the offense that let them down.

Today's Cowboys game is a tough loss to swallow, but they are still in the playoff hunt and hold the last WC spot with the Falcons losing to the Saints today. Cowboys have the hardest schedule in December and today they had a game that was won and should have won. Tough pill to swallow and they will be ready for their last 3-games of the season. They should be pissed off after giving away that game.

i thought the dirty birds have the tie breaker

Won't take them seriously until they win the division. you haven't passed us, you haven't beaten us

but KC and San Fran are going to be unbelievably tough games for you guys.

going into the final 3 weeks of the season, it's a three way tossup for the division. No team has a decided advantage. And it looks like there might be no WC safety net for the two teams that don't win the division. At least the Jets have 2 of the next 3 at home. Will that be an advantage...don't know.

Don't start getting cocky Dolphin fans. Of the 3 teams in the hunt, Miami is the least talented.

You don't have to take Miami seriously. You should, seeing as you barely escaped last game with the w, but you don't have to. They'll make you do so, now and in the future, win or lose the division.

What I will say is, in theory, you guys have the easiest schedule of the three of us. Buffalo looks like a team that's given up on the season. Seattle is a bad team, but the Jets have struggled on the West Coast, so that should be interesting.

But nothing matters about the Jet or Patriot schedule if the Dolphins don't take care of their own, which is what I'm focusing on.

We match up a little better against San Fran, and we get them at home, which is a plus for us. KC will be a challenge, depending on how much pressure we can get on Thigpen. Then the Week 17 rematch. One way or another, that game should decide who wins the division. Personally, I'm just happy to be in a playoff race with three games left, but if we could win the division, all the better.

Won't take them seriously until they win the division. you haven't passed us, you haven't beaten us

but KC and San Fran are going to be unbelievably tough games for you guys.going into the final 3 weeks of the season, it's a three way tossup for the division. No team has a decided advantage. And it looks like there might be no WC safety net for the two teams that don't win the division. At least the Jets have 2 of the next 3 at home. Will that be an advantage...don't know.

Don't start getting cocky Dolphin fans. Of the 3 teams in the hunt, Miami is the least talented.

On your first comment: That's fine. Wait a bit. You'll have no choice but to take us seriously soon enough. If not this year, next year for sure.

On your second comment: I agree wholeheartedly. They will be tough games. But I have faith that Sparano and the coaching staff will have them prepared. They know there is no easy game for them. It's a matter of focus and execution. And we certainly better not sleep on San Fran- they won in Buffalo in crap weather and then beat the crap out of the Jets. They play hard for Singletary. They are not to be taken lightly.

On your third and final comment: No one is getting cocky bro. Still a long way to go. But I think you should be worried about us because we aren't going to go away.

By this point I'd think most Jet fans are (or should be) in the Benigno school of anything that can go wrong usually does for the Jets. They've completely thrown out any good from the NE and Tennessee road wins with the last two weeks.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win two and then Chad rips our hearts out, and I wouldn't be shocked if we just lose another three in a row either, I really don't know which form of water torture the Jets are going to put us through but I have zero confidence in this team after what I've seen the last two weeks, and they have nobody to blame but themselves. 1-3 against the AFC West, 0-3 on the West Coast against all crappy teams.

Really with the way the AFC is the Jets have no choice but to win three in a row now. I don't see the Pats losing a game, and I don't see the Fish losing to Herm, and they'll probably put the Niners in their place too :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

Also let's not lose sight of the nightmare scenario here. The Jets and Fish might be playing week 17 with nothing on the line for EITHER team.

The Jets will make an adventure out of Seattle. This is a team that nearly beat NE with Seneca Wallace at QB.

I think NE can slip up vs. Arizona. And maybe...maybe the last game of the season Buffalo can get motivated enough to try and knock them out of the playoffs. And that game will be in Buffalo.

By this point I'd think most Jet fans are (or should be) in the Benigno school of anything that can go wrong usually does for the Jets. They've completely thrown out any good from the NE and Tennessee road wins with the last two weeks.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets win two and then Chad rips our hearts out, and I wouldn't be shocked if we just lose another three in a row either, I really don't know which form of water torture the Jets are going to put us through but I have zero confidence in this team after what I've seen the last two weeks, and they have nobody to blame but themselves. 1-3 against the AFC West, 0-3 on the West Coast against all crappy teams.

Really with the way the AFC is the Jets have no choice but to win three in a row now. I don't see the Pats losing a game, and I don't see the Fish losing to Herm, and they'll probably put the Niners in their place too :rolleyes:

well Herms clowns just played the Broncos a heck of a lot tougher than we ever did. And Miami had plenty of trouble against the Seahawks and Rams...so there's hope.

Problem with Arizona is they won't need the game, plus they're coming east. That trip has been just as bad for WC teams this year as it has been for us. And Belichick eats up those one-dimensional pass teams though their secondary is a little weaker now due to injuries and age.

Yeah Miami's had a tough time in games against lousy teams but they tend to win those games unlike us. I haven't seen them had the type of slipups we've had the last couple weeks. They lost to us, NE, Arizona on the road early on, I think Baltimore too - none of them cellar-dwellars. They did lose at Houston but even the Texans have been playing better lately (6-3 since the 0-4 start).

Denver's just a weird team, they got killed by Oakland and KC this season and beat us and Atlanta on the road. They did lose Hillis in the second quarter which probably contributed to them having a tougher than expected time today.

Edited by Hasan4978

The New England-Arizona game should be interesting. It really depends on what Arizona wants to do with their personnel. The Patriots really have a favourable schedule down the stretch especially since they have no defense at all. The secondary was weak to begin with before losing Webster and Harrison for the year. Thomas is done for the year and Seau isn't a guy you want out there with all these injuries. Bruschi and Wilfork are hurt too. They already lost Alexander earlier as well.

Jets really crapped the bed.

The New England-Arizona game should be interesting. It really depends on what Arizona wants to do with their personnel. The Patriots really have a favourable schedule down the stretch especially since they have no defense at all. The secondary was weak to begin with before losing Webster and Harrison for the year. Thomas is done for the year and Seau isn't a guy you want out there with all these injuries. Bruschi and Wilfork are hurt too. They already lost Alexander earlier as well.

Jets really crapped the bed.

The one thing the New England defense can do is rush the passer, especially when that passer is a stationary target which Warner certainly is. Arizona's defense and kick coverage teams are incredibly suspect themselves and if Cassel gets any kind of time he will pick Arizona's weak DB's apart.

Before the Arizona game New England better make sure they put the Raiders away early. I'm sure the Raiders will be up for playing against Moss and the Pats will be staying the week in San Jose. I find it amazing that its looking more and more likely that an AFC team will be left out of the playoffs with an 11-5 record while terrible teams such as Denver and whoever wins the NFC North get home games in the playoffs.

I find it amazing that its looking more and more likely that an AFC team will be left out of the playoffs with an 11-5 record while terrible teams such as Denver and whoever wins the NFC North get home games in the playoffs.

Not likely. The only way that happens I believe is if the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats all win out. It is more plausible in the NFC where there are two full divisions that are all above .500. What I think we will see is possibly two 10-6 teams missing the playoffs, which in itself is very rare especially considering 8-8 makes it as a wild card it seems every second or third year in the NFC.

I'm not a big fan of the Cardinals making it either. Not only do they play in the weakest division, but they get to face 3 terrible teams a total of 6 times.

Problem with Arizona is they won't need the game, plus they're coming east. That trip has been just as bad for WC teams this year as it has been for us. And Belichick eats up those one-dimensional pass teams though their secondary is a little weaker now due to injuries and age.

Yeah Miami's had a tough time in games against lousy teams but they tend to win those games unlike us. I haven't seen them had the type of slipups we've had the last couple weeks. They lost to us, NE, Arizona on the road early on, I think Baltimore too - none of them cellar-dwellars. They did lose at Houston but even the Texans have been playing better lately (6-3 since the 0-4 start).

Denver's just a weird team, they got killed by Oakland and KC this season and beat us and Atlanta on the road. They did lose Hillis in the second quarter which probably contributed to them having a tougher than expected time today.

you make a good point about Belichick taking away the pass against Arizona...but they're just so explosive. Even though Arizona doesn't need the game, week 15 is too early to call off the dogs. They'll play fast and loose and put up a fight.

WAAAAHHH!!! :evilcry: :evilcry: WAAAAHHH!!

Quit crying! If the queen had balls, she'd be king! How come when the cowboys lose games they have "the hardest schedule"? Im tired of hearing about "the hardest schedule" BS. If you have a good team you should win no matter who you play.

Thanks to Tony Romo for giving the division to the Giants! He was awful today with 3 INT's! The cowboys wont win or make the playoffs! How is it not Romo's fault? He threw the ball. If the receivers aren't on the same page, time for new receivers!

Did the cowboys get Roy Williams this year? just wondering cause I havent seen him on the cowboys stat sheet yet this year?

Quit crying! If the queen had balls, she'd be king! How come when the cowboys lose games they have "the hardest schedule"? Im tired of hearing about "the hardest schedule" BS. If you have a good team you should win no matter who you play.

Thanks to Tony Romo for giving the division to the Giants! He was awful today with 3 INT's! The cowboys wont win or make the playoffs! How is it not Romo's fault? He threw the ball. If the receivers aren't on the same page, time for new receivers!

Did the cowboys get Roy Williams this year? just wondering cause I havent seen him on the cowboys stat sheet yet this year?

Good Lord, what a fairweather fan you are. You are like a typical Rangers fan or Pats fan. Toatally disappeared of the face of the earth when the Giants sucked and now after the superbowl win and with the Giants being competative you pound your chest like a diehard. Must be a NY thing.

When the Giants suck again is that when you'll become a Jets fan? or will you go back to being a Pats fan? or whoever the hot team is at the time?

Fairweather fans suck :puke:

Don't gloat to much when the Giants win next week will ya.

How Tashard Choice looks like Marion Barber with 150 total yards on the ground and air and you forget about him when the damn game is on the line..... unreal... least they didn't dick us along and blow it in week 17, and just ended the hope nice and early...

calling Bill Cowlher .... your part ownership in the Cowboys is waiting :P

Good Lord, what a fairweather fan you are. You are like a typical Rangers fan or Pats fan. Toatally disappeared of the face of the earth when the Giants sucked and now after the superbowl win and with the Giants being competative you pound your chest like a diehard. Must be a NY thing.

When the Giants suck again is that when you'll become a Jets fan? or will you go back to being a Pats fan? or whoever the hot team is at the time?

Fairweather fans suck :puke:

Don't gloat to much when the Giants win next week will ya.

Fairweather fan? Excuse me? Just because I didnt post as much in previous years (member here since 2004), doesnt mean I wasnt a fan or didnt follow the Giants, or didnt go to every home game when they sucked and had Danny Kanell throwing interceptions. Yea I wasnt around when Kerry Collins lit up Minnesota in the conference championship, yea ok I wasnt at all those games...

You all have me mistaken if you think I am a fair weather fan.

I was there last season when Eli had his worse game of his young career against vikings in november. Still supporting the team!

Ive been a Giants season ticket holder for 10+ years, where have you been?

How Tashard Choice looks like Marion Barber with 150 total yards on the ground and air and you forget about him when the damn game is on the line..... unreal... least they didn't dick us along and blow it in week 17, and just ended the hope nice and early...

calling Bill Cowlher .... your part ownership in the Cowboys is waiting :P

Ive said since the start of the season, Phillips is killing the cowboys. Time to move on.

I could see Cowher coaching them next season.

Ive been a Giants season ticket holder for 10+ years, where have you been?

Dude, football in person sucks :P

cold weather, horrible venue.... no cheap drinks...

screw that... give me the BAR!!!

Dude, football in person sucks :P

cold weather, horrible venue.... no cheap drinks...

screw that... give me the BAR!!!

Honestly if it were up to me....I would go for the tailgating for 6 hrs...then find somewhere ELSE to watch the game in a bar or someones house...football in person is overrated

Don't blame Romo he has no receivers. Aside from Witten he has NO ONE (I haven't seen enough of Williams yet) who can breakout of coverage and run smart routes. Romo has to make plays in order for Dallas to win, he has no help. Not having Barber hurts as well.

Since I'm at lunch and bored, I felt like making up the AFC East Division Tiebreaking Scenarios. So here goes:

Easy Ones:

The easy ones are if two teams win out, which falls one of two ways:

MIA/NE win out:

HTH - Tie, 1-1

Division - Tie, 4-2

Common Games - Tie, 11-3

Conference - Miami 8-4, NE 7-5: Miami wins

NYJ/NE win out

HTH: Tie, 1-1

Division: Jets 5-1, NE 4-2: Jets win

Let's Start Playing With Numbers:

Now, let's pull the KC game from Miami, making them 2-1. This makes NYJ a possible 2-1 at best. And since we're only concerned about ties, we're gonna toss out the case that NE goes 3-0 right now (though it could happen) and compare Jets and Fins

HTH: Tie, 1-1

Division: Tie, 4-2

Common Games: Miami 10-4, NYJ 8-6: Miami wins

But what if the Jets fall behind and the Pats tie the Dolphins? Well, that depends on who NE loses to. If it's not Arizona, then the "win out" scenario applies, because Miami will still have a one-game lead in the games in conference. But if NE's only loss is Arizona:

HTH - Tie, 1-1

Division - Tie, 4-2

Common Games - Tie, 11-3

Conference - Tie, 7-5

Strength of Victory (assumed to mean the sum of the margin of victory across all wins this season): currently Miami 71 (avg 5.46), NE 99 (avg 7.62), which means Miami would have to make up 28 pts to move to next tiebreaker or 29 pts to win. Unlikely unless NE wins a game 6-3 and one of the three remaining teams on Miami's schedule has a Lions-like meltdown. Assume NE wins at this point under this scenario.

Now if the same 2-1 MIA team loses to SF, then they would still win both tiebreakers since their conference record would still be better than New England if they're tied and they'd still have the edge on the Jets in common games.

You can break it down further, but really the key points you can take from this is as follows:

-Both Miami and New York are in "win and you're in" scenarios, since they play each other Week 17.

-New England can win out and lose the division crown if someone else wins out. So they're going to have to win and get a small amount of help from KC or Buffalo to swing the odds in their favor.

Three straight wins and we still win the division believe it or not, because we'd have a better division record than Miami and NE...but how can the same team that played the last two weeks possibly even win one of those games let alone three in a row :P

Anything less than that and we'd need serious help just to make the playoffs, even with two wins.

In this NFL it's impossible to tell what's going to happen from week to week anymore. I approach every game as a separate entity from the one before it, and just hope for a win.

Even though my Pats are now in a three-way tie (minus tiebreakers) for the AFC East lead, they're in trouble. As this season's shown they can lose to anyone at anytime, so even though they have a couple of very winnable games (but who knows? 2-win Seattle damn near beat them) against the Raiders and the Bills (on the road), they have a tough matchup in between those games against Arizona (at home), a team they're not going to match up well against. Once Brady went down I was hoping for 10-6 and a playoff berth, but with a poor conference record (just 5-5) and not great tiebreaker possibilities, it looks like 10-6 probably won't get it done unless the Jets/and or Dolphins go in the tank.