Devils are 1-6 against Confrence Leaders

nmm90392

I don't get it. We can seem like an elite team sometimes but when we play another elite team we can't win. It's frustrating because I know we can compete with them we have beat the flyers , played strong in 2 games against the bruins but we aren't consistent with the way we play against . Those teams aren't going to take us seriously when it comes to the playoffs . What problems do we have that separates us from them??

They're better than us? There's a reason they're winning the division and we're 6th in the conference. Ponikarovsky may help, getting healthy will, but right now we have a middle of the pack defense (at best) and below average goaltending.

They're better than us? There's a reason they're winning the division and we're 6th in the conference. Ponikarovsky may help, getting healthy will, but right now we have a middle of the pack defense (at best) and below average goaltending.

My question is what make them so much better than us

Tonight is a bad day to try to be starting a discussion on this topic. Everyone is far too emotional to try to have a rational discussion about this right now.

That being said, part of it is just bad luck. A bigger part of it is that our talented players are getting keyed on and shut down. The Devils right now are not as deep as our primary conference rivals are, and this is the result. I mean, it's pretty telling when your team almost completely outplays it's opponent for 55 of 60 minutes and you loose the game 3-1 (well, 4-1, but empty netters don't really count) because your opponent is talented enough to have 3rd and 4th line guys convert on chances during the 5 minute let down.

I don't know about Triumph of course, but I'm looking forward to them.

Devils - Rangers are always great games, regardless of the outcome.

I really wonder what the actual reason for this is. Is it really that the Rangers, Bruins, and Flyers are so dominant? But it is so true that a team that looks like it could win the cup after playing Winnipeg looks like it couldn't make it out of the first round when playing the Bruins. Honestly, I think it isn't so much lacking the talent to score goals as it is making mistakes for the other teams to take advantage of. And teams like the Bruins and Rangers are experts at that.

Goaltending of course remains a huge issue, but I truly believe that a 100% healthy Zajac would make a huge difference. Not only will he bring a lot to the team individually, it would free up a lot of options for mixing up lines, which I think needs to be done.

I still have hope in the team to do well, but to be a cup contender, some changes need to be made. I'm hoping Ponikarovsky will stick around. I have high hopes that he can bring a lot to this team.

Why is this even a thread? It's embarrassing enough as it is.

Getting healthy? Zajac and Andy Greene are not going to help us beat anyone.

I really wonder what the actual reason for this is. Is it really that the Rangers, Bruins, and Flyers are so dominant? But it is so true that a team that looks like it could win the cup after playing Winnipeg looks like it couldn't make it out of the first round when playing the Bruins. Honestly, I think it isn't so much lacking the talent to score goals as it is making mistakes for the other teams to take advantage of. And teams like the Bruins and Rangers are experts at that.

Goaltending of course remains a huge issue, but I truly believe that a 100% healthy Zajac would make a huge difference. Not only will he bring a lot to the team individually, it would free up a lot of options for mixing up lines, which I think needs to be done.

I still have hope in the team to do well, but to be a cup contender, some changes need to be made. I'm hoping Ponikarovsky will stick around. I have high hopes that he can bring a lot to this team.

I wish this were true but I just don't see it. Everyone has been talking about him and JJ being the answer. It's time to face reality ..they are not the answer. The team needs Dmen other than Foster. If we get one or maybe even 2 defensive players that aren't completely dormant in the offensive zone, that want to actually score and help the team win by playing defense aaaaand offense sometimes, the team will be much better. Goaltending has not been the issue since Calgary. Brodeur deserved to win at least 1 of these last two massacres.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Why is this even a thread? It's embarrassing enough as it is.

Our goal as a forum now is simply to see you pushed so far over the edge that you lose it...commit suicide, and make a youtube video of you slitting your wrists so we can fund the site forever on the advertising revenue of that alone :evil:

• Like 2

I've been holding this back for a while but I'm just done.

You're a pathetic little nitwit. You comment 40 times on every single thread with the most extreme absurd statements ever. When the Devils are on a 3 game win streak your world is shining and bright, you love the team and you love the fans and you're absurdly ridiculously overjoyed with every tidbit of Devils news. When they lose two in a row you're a whining little obnoxious piece of turd. You cry, bitch, moan, and yap your way about how much you hate the team on every thread. SHUT. THE. FVCK. UP. Please.

If you're embarrassed to be a Devils fan because of two losses in January, get the fvck out of this place. It's not for you. We're a forum for Devils fans, not bipolar dumb fvcking sons of bitches like yourself. CHEER for the team because you're a fvcking FAN. You're allowed to be critical, of course you are, but you have this obnoxious "mood of the day" that changes your posts completely and it's so old it makes my head spin. You wonder why 90% of the people on this forum either add you to ignore or roll their eyes when they see you post? TAKE SOME FVCKING NOTES, man! A 4-1 loss to the Flyers in January doesn't mean we're going to get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

Zajac and Greene returning won't help us? Our #1 Center and top-2 defenseman? Honestly you really are a fvcking moron.

If you're suicidal, go get help. If this is just an attention seeking drama whore schtick that you plan on doing forever, go get suicidal.

Peace, douchebag.

Ah...I've missed your posts...where the hell have you been?

(No sarcasm intended here :lol: )

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

Some bad luck, some poor play, and some depth issues. Hopefully all 3 are cleared up soon. But I'm not particularly alarmed at this statistic.

Just curious why doesn't it bother you I mean we will be playing them in the playoffs so how does it not matter? I believe in like once you make the playoffs anything can happen but it would be nice if we can beat them a few times during the year to give us more confidence when it comes to the playoffs

Eh, if we make the playoffs that's good enough for me this season.

Despite Lou's denials we are rebuilding and experiencing the growing pains of a new team shedding it's old skin. It's incrimental. Last year we missed the playoffs, this year we make the playoffs, next year who knows?

This is exactly the way the Bruins went.

Just curious why doesn't it bother you I mean we will be playing them in the playoffs so how does it not matter? I believe in like once you make the playoffs anything can happen but it would be nice if we can beat them a few times during the year to give us more confidence when it comes to the playoffs

Like DP26 said, once you make the dance, you've got a chance.

We have NEVER beaten Boston, at home, in January, including a bad 5-2 loss in January of 1995. We handled them rather well come playoff time.

Besides, this is only the 3rd time ALL SEASON we've lost 2 or more in a row. I'll get worried if we fall out of the top 8, otherwise, I just hope we don't draw Boston in the opening round.

if you look at the past few years... its true that anything can happen... we certainly have the tools that some of the teams who made good runs had.

Tampa last year... i could see guys like Zubs or Clarkson being a "Bergenheim" or Brodeur being a "Roloson" of that run, while our top guys are playing like top guys too

Habs 2 years ago... it was all Martin's system + Halak standing on his head + Cammalleri being ULTRA opportunist... other than that they were getting outplayed and outshot like theres no tomorrow they will won Pittburgh and Washingon who had crazy firepower.

if you look at the past few years... its true that anything can happen... we certainly have the tools that some of the teams who made good runs had.

Tampa last year... i could see guys like Zubs or Clarkson being a "Bergenheim" or Brodeur being a "Roloson" of that run, while our top guys are playing like top guys too

Habs 2 years ago... it was all Martin's system + Halak standing on his head + Cammalleri being ULTRA opportunist... other than that they were getting outplayed and outshot like theres no tomorrow they will won Pittburgh and Washingon who had crazy firepower.

Don't forget Subban

not just that, at the half way mark, we were below .500 vs teams that were in the top 8

not only that but most of our SO wins were against the bottom teams, those who were out.

this was a week ago and before the road trip, i think theyve done some pretty good things since then and am optimistic about the second half if not wary

cant really fault 3rd period chernobyls vs a team like boston or florida or philly even...cant fault goaltending when the top line cant score when it counts