Alright you guys ready to laugh? Here is Kovalchuk figure skating

StormJosh

Looks like he was taking that way too seriously. Not that he was trying very hard but he wasn't smiling or enjoying himself enough. Cultural difference I guess. I think most North Americans would have had more fun and made more of a joke out of it. Just being respectful to the girl I guess.

haha That looks like a fun part to add to All-Star weekend. And yeah, wow, never grasped how huge he is. What was Schenn thinking last year?

"Man, I just really haven't had a good beating lately.. Hey Kovy, wanna punch me square in the face with your full force?"

What's really sad is that he's doing this rather than returning to the Devils.

They're doing something a lot more important right now? Oh, I forgot physicals and getting into game shape. fvcking Kovy will probably be fat, slow, and completely outta shape for not showing up in Jersey by tomorrow :whistling:

They probably threw bags and bags of money at him to stay for the All Star game to make a fool out of himself. And the people love him even more there for staying for this stupid game. Everyone's going to forget about this in about a week at most

He'd be on a couch in Alpine with a beer in his hand right now if he came back the second the CBA was preliminary agreed up. The M.O.U. still hasn't been 100% signed, so the players are still on standby. A day or two in the weight room and skating laps would have been more a waste of time for him than figure skating..

He looked like he had fun. I thought it was hilarious.

I have no problem with him doing this or still being in Russia, he should come back to the Devils in full flow, with a decent amount of hockey under his belt after playing against a decent level of player.

If having him return a few days late for camp and having to do a bit of figure skating is the down side to having Kovy in good shape and ready to go, then I am all for it.

Getting off to a quick start in a short season is the sort of thing that can make or break your playoff chances.

Looked fun. The players had fun and it looks like the fans enjoyed it (including us here). He just played for months over there, he's Russian, its their all-star game. I really don't hold anything against Kovy for wanting to be part of this. He's in better position to be ready for games than those that just worked out during the lockout. This is no big deal. I actually respect him more for being true to his roots at the expense of a day or two of TC as long as there has been open communication with Lou that we haven't heard about.

Looked fun. The players had fun and it looks like the fans enjoyed it (including us here). He just played for months over there, he's Russian, its their all-star game. I really don't hold anything against Kovy for wanting to be part of this. He's in better position to be ready for games than those that just worked out during the lockout. This is no big deal. I actually respect him more for being true to his roots at the expense of a day or two of TC as long as there has been open communication with Lou that we haven't heard about.

Clearly some reporters aren't as forgiving as you.... http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/01/post_32.html

I know it's been said but this all comes down to how the devils play over the course of the beggining of the season. If they come out hot all of these issues are non issues.