Poll: New Jersey eliminated, who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

gardenstatepkwy

Devil-less playoffs 2013  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Devils have officially been eliminated from the playoffs, which team will you pull for?

• Pittsburgh
    • Boston
    • Washington
    • Montreal
    • Toronto
    • NY Islanders
    • Ottawa
    • Winnepeg
    • Chicago
    • Anaheim
    • Vancouver
    • Los Angeles
    • San Jose
    • St. Louis
    • Minnesota
    • Columbus
    • Detroit
    • Phoenix
    • Dallas
    • No One. F them all/Don't Care

True hockey fans, what a joke. Look at the numbers

i hope you're looking at the numbers favoring the isles in this thread..

I have no idea how this many of you guys can vote for a team in your division that's crazy.

Anaheim

Islanders. Isles were my favorite team growing up. Huge Bossy guy.

Mike

You're clearly a much more..forgiving person than I am.

I'd love nothing more than to see Minny get swept in round 1, with Zach disappearing from the score sheet (per his usual post season routine)

while i also hope he crash and burn i really don't get why people are saying he's disappearing while since 2007 he's been either 2nd or first in points every year in playoffs for us. 

Edited by SterioDesign

After the bombing, I'm pulling for Boston. They could use a good distraction.

After the bombing, I'm pulling for Boston. They could use a good distraction.

Ugh, i hate hearing stuff like this.  like when espn uses events like the bombings into sports.  like if the celtics would've won their series, it would've all been like "the celtics won it for the bombing victims."

i don't wanna sound insensitive but do you honestly think that winning hockey games could make the victims of a bombing feel better?  

Ugh, i hate hearing stuff like this.  like when espn uses events like the bombings into sports.  like if the celtics would've won their series, it would've all been like "the celtics won it for the bombing victims."

i don't wanna sound insensitive but do you honestly think that winning hockey games could make the victims of a bombing feel better?  

No. Like I said, though, the distraction helps for a couple minutes. Do you honestly think the Yankees playoff run didn't make people around here feel better for 3 hours in 2001? Sports don't solve problems, or bring people back, but for a couple minutes at a time, they matter when you've been through sh!t.

The child who was killed was a Bruins fan so yes it would be a nice story...and yes insensitive. 

Agreed. Not that I'm rooting *against* the Bruins, but this whole "tragedy bandwagon" thing is getting really old, really fast. And speaking as a Red Sox fan, we've already got way too many bandwagoners, we sure don't need any more.

And when did that start, BTW? Because I don't remember a nationwide pull for the Yankees in 2001, though I do remember being surprised that it wasn't happening. I suppose it would have turned out that way had they won, though. And it's a good thing it wasn't turned the other way around, that people who were rooting for the Diamondbacks (like me) weren't called traitors or terrorists or anything like that.

Agreed. Not that I'm rooting *against* the Bruins, but this whole "tragedy bandwagon" thing is getting really old, really fast. And speaking as a Red Sox fan, we've already got way too many bandwagoners, we sure don't need any more.

I'm a Yankee fan, so I was just rooting for them in 2001. As for this year, Devils are out, I want some rooting interest in the playoffs, and I've never hated the Bruins, so the bombing is as good a reason to pull for them as any. I certainly didn't pull for the Celtics as a Knicks fan, and every time the Sox lose brings me joy.

How any Devils fan can't at least have some animosity towards the Bruins after they've manhandled the Devils recently (as in, over the past few years) is beyond me.

They're a tough, physical, talented team. They remind me of us during the Cup years. I can't hate them for winning.