Kevin Clark

devlman

Was kind of hoping they would keep the CAA goal horn for tonight's game.

Either the Devils were superstitious or the NJSEA found out we stole their goal horn and took it back :P

But yeah, I didn't expect it at Game 3 - it was a pleasant surprise. But after losses in two games, might as well stick with the current one and hope we can make new history with it.

Just because of the game situation? It did seem more toned down tonight from what I could hear on TV.

Being at both, with the way the game played out it wasn't needed tonight. Obviously the Devils sucked all the energy out of the building after they blew the lead but tonight the crowd was consistent. I remember a couple of times when the Devils started playing music and would switch it off quickly when there was a chant developing and such. Much more natural tonight.

Just because of the game situation? It did seem more toned down tonight from what I could hear on TV.

He was just a lot more toned down with the things he was saying and wasn't saying them no were near as much.

We can thank the awesome kids on the drums for that cause they were also leading chants where he would have been saying some stuff like last game.

Same thing goes for when the crowd was doing marty chants and the like cause they even shut the music off for those chants and that would have been him saying stuff in the last game.

So yeah the game situation might have affected what he was saying or someone told him to tone it down. I don't really know what the case was but either way he was way less overbearing compared to game 3.

Edited by Satans Hockey

He was just a lot more toned down with the things he was saying and wasn't saying them no were near as much.

We can thank the awesome kids on the drums for that cause they were also leading chants where he would have been saying some stuff like last game.

Same thing goes for when the crowd was doing marty chants and the like cause they even shut the music off for those chants and that would have been him saying stuff in the last game.

So yeah the game situation might have affected what he was saying or someone told him to tone it down. I don't really know what the case was but either way he was way less overbearing compared to game 3.

and they've shut off the musical accompaniment for a little tune we use.... they've been doing it for years now. A little affectionate tune about the Rangers and Flyers haha.

Definitely scripted, but frankly, I don't think it's nearly as bad as everyone's making it out to be. I wasn't there for game 3...did it get toned down for game 4 or is everyone making way too big a deal of this?

It was unbelieveable in Game 3. It was getting so bad I was kinda waiting for a "shut the fvck up" chant. I mean he must have intervened literally 50 times.

It was unbelieveable in Game 3. It was getting so bad I was kinda waiting for a "shut the fvck up" chant. I mean he must have intervened literally 50 times.

But how else would we know when the proper time was to get on our feet and WAVE THOSE TOWELS!!!!! COME ON!! IT WAS OUR LAST CHANCE!!!

(well, I guess the last 12 times was our 'last chance', because he kept saying it like I was going to have deep non-towel-waving regret.)

what was so special about kids w/drums for those of us not in attendance?

Nothing special really, it just worked very well cause it was so simple. The kids drumming made it easier for everyone to be on the same page with chants, it was just a nice addition to the game. The mascot always trys to do what they did but he's horrible at keeping a steady beat lol

“It was fun. Our fans, especially the last two games, have been unbelievable. The building is packed and it’s playoff hockey and there’s no other team that they could root for but us, so it’s kind of nice. And we’re definitely happy about the atmosphere, but you’ve got to give them candy if you want them to be that loud and I think today we did a great job all day long to keep these guys out of any momentum.” - Marty from TG's blog

“It was fun. Our fans, especially the last two games, have been unbelievable. The building is packed and it’s playoff hockey and there’s no other team that they could root for but us, so it’s kind of nice. And we’re definitely happy about the atmosphere, but you’ve got to give them candy if you want them to be that loud and I think today we did a great job all day long to keep these guys out of any momentum.” - Marty from TG's blog

Well, that settles it... for the next game...