GDT Devils at Lightning

ZeroGravityFat

Thing I'm most happy with is that we're putting up more than one or two goals. 4 last night, 5 at Buffalo, how many were there at Boston?

We just gotta do something about our laziness during the third period. That's the killer. In games where we're behind a goal in the third we end up giving a goal or two more and when we're in the lead we give up one or two.

Sykora, Kovalchuk, Palmieri and Tedenby has been getting unlucky so far. Plus you have Zajac coming back which means Parise should start heating up. I am not worried about scoring. I am worried about our play with the lead.

The power play is still a concern, it needs to get into the 45 shots/60 minutes range.

Clarkson should absolutely score 20, there's no reason to expect him not to, besides injury. Right now he's on a 32 goal pace and his shooting isn't even that off from his career percentages. Unless the bounces really start going against him and he starts going 0 for 30 regularly, I definitely see 20 goals in his future.

The power play is still a concern, it needs to get into the 45 shots/60 minutes range.

Clarkson should absolutely score 20, there's no reason to expect him not to, besides injury. Right now he's on a 32 goal pace and his shooting isn't even that off from his career percentages. Unless the bounces really start going against him and he starts going 0 for 30 regularly, I definitely see 20 goals in his future.

He's a career 8.6% shooter who's up to 13.5% this season. That's pretty significant.

He's a career 8.6% shooter who's up to 13.5% this season. That's pretty significant.

he's playing on the first unit power play, that should give him more opportunities for better scoring chances.

if he shoots at his career s% rate from now on while maintaining his current shot rate, he'll score 23 goals (in 82 games).

Last year was an outlier, a garbage goal scorer like him usually falls around 10%.

What would I give to have it around 50 shots/60 minutes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac