Did the Devils really play much differently today than they did in the

metallidevils

Clemmenson's save % in these playoffs: 1.000

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Really, I don't know what to believe at this point. The Hurricanes outplayed all four lines and all 3 D pairings. Before last game I was thinking "Hey, we got past the Rangers.. that's more than I expected of the team this year. Lou has made major progress in getting to where we are supposed to be, so with a few corrections over the summer we'll be a contender next year." Now, when I see THE WHOLE TEAM outplayed so badly.... four lines not generating a single decent scoring chance....

If the rest of the series is like Game 1, I don't know what I would do in the off-season.

On the flip side, Montreal beat the Hurricanes 6-1 in their Game 1, so it's possible for a team to completely turn things around once they get a scare put into them.

The way I'm looking at it right now every bounce went the Devils way for over a month. Yesterday everything went against us. They were bound to lose at some point though I wasn't hoping for a 6-0 ass kicking. I don't want to use the week layoff as a excuse but they looked like they were skating in slow motion yesterday and couldn't connected a pass if their lives depended on it. I honestly can't remember one quality scoring chance they had. I expect a much tougher Devils team tomorrow night. Maybe a good ass kicking is just what they needed to prove to themselves they aren't invincible. I'm not worried yet, that will change however with a Game 2 loss.

Edited by 4Stevens4

Look, the Devils didn't play well in this game. Against the Rangers they didn't play lights out either, but they didn't have to because the puck kept ending up in the Rangers' net. Still, who the hell expected New Jersey to dominate anything close to what they did in the Rangers' series anyway? When was that the expected outcome of a playoff game?

They also got a ton of bad bounces and unlucky breaks. That's not to say they would have won this game without those because obviously they wouldn't have, but they were not offensively in sync at any point in the match.

There's too many guys with Stanley Cup rings on this roster to let that happen again in Game 2. Guys like Gomez and Elias can take the team on their back if they have to.

No one can say Cam Ward outplayed Brodeur in game 1. Hell you could have put me in net for the Canes and they still would have won cause the Devils had so many weak shots and barely any good scoring chances.

It's true he didn't face many quality chances. However, he stopped all 21 he saw while Brodeur couldn't stop weak sharp angle shots and took his team right out of the game. I'd classify that as outplaying his idol.

Look, the Devils didn't play well in this game. Against the Rangers they didn't play lights out either, but they didn't have to because the puck kept ending up in the Rangers' net. Still, who the hell expected New Jersey to dominate anything close to what they did in the Rangers' series anyway? When was that the expected outcome of a playoff game?

:sadly raises hand:

Still, who the hell expected New Jersey to dominate anything close to what they did in the Rangers' series anyway?

Did I expect us to dominate? No.

But neither did I expect us to look like a midget C team compared to the Hurricanes.

Edited by Don

Did I expect us to dominate? No.

But neither did I expect us to look like a midget C team compared to the Hurricanes.

I'd agree with the Carolina part. That was pretty surprising. I said before the series that the Canes might be better prepared because they played Montreal and had to comeback. The Rangers were reeling coming in and fragile. The Devils played a wounded opponent and did what they should against them. Then you have that kind of step up in the level of competition and maybe that contributed to Game One.

Relax, you sound like a Rangers fan with all that angry b.tching you're doing.

You'er right I need to relax and quit sugar coating the senario of the how game 1 broke down for the less hockey savvy members like yourself. You ever laced up a pair of skates before? I guess that does make me a ranger fan because I'm disgusted with the way the Devs played.. Next time I want you to tell me who I should like I'll let you know. I'm passionate about hockey and especially DEVILS hockey so I tend to take losses hard and embarassing losses even worse. I'll try to be less passionate but I thought that was the point of this board. I'm glad game 2 is Monday GO DEVILS.

game 1 could be a wake up call...it does not matter 1-0, 3-2, 6-0...a loss is a loss. The way i see it they are going to come out with a lot to prove in game 2, the devils should be pissed that they got out worked, out hustled in game 1. The way I see it game 2 should be a great game.

no way they get spanked 2 in a row.

Guest troycrowder25
You'er right I need to relax and quit sugar coating the senario of the how game 1 broke down for the less hockey savvy members like yourself. You ever laced up a pair of skates before? I guess that does make me a ranger fan because I'm disgusted with the way the Devs played.. Next time I want you to tell me who I should like I'll let you know. I'm passionate about hockey and especially DEVILS hockey so I tend to take losses hard and embarassing losses even worse. I'll try to be less passionate but I thought that was the point of this board. I'm glad game 2 is Monday GO DEVILS.

Being passionate is fine. Whining like a little bi.tch when the Devils lose their 1st game in over a month is ridiculous. I hate fans like you, but you're from Iowa so I guess I shouldn't expect any rational thoughts from you.

By the way, if you ever need to know anything about hockey feel free to IM me.

The Carolina team is built for the playoffs. They have a number of offensive players with 20 goals or more that means they spread around the goals and scoring an added plus in the playoffs. They have size another plus in the playoffs especially around the boards. They have speed they can skate not just a couple of players but most. The Devils depend on 3 guys for scoring shut them down and it's over. The Devils don't have size or muscle for the physical part of the game. The Devils are not a fast team skating.

The Devils need goal tending, luck and a team they are playing with injuries or a bad day.

It's ulgy out there and they need to work a full 60 minutes and not depend on Marty for it all. Gomez, Gionta and Elias get shut down so do the Devils. High scoring playoff teams in the new NHL will win the playoffs series more often than not.

I was surprised how well the Devils did in their last winning streak. I was surprised to see them make the playoffs after the bad start. I am please how far they have come. Any thing further is gravy. Anyone that thought this Devils team was going to win the Cup and just breeze through series after series didn't watch the Devils and didn't consider the injuries on other teams. The Devils were extremely lucky not to have long injuries this season with mutiple players at same time like most other team..

I am satisfied with this season, I expected a lot less from this team.

Quit speaking like that. Our forwards are fast but not big and our defense is average. If we can cope with Carolina's tight defense and if our forwards can put up a battle along the boards and keep some o-zone pressure then we should be able to hang with these clowns.

The Carolina team is built for the playoffs. They have a number of offensive players with 20 goals or more that means they spread around the goals and scoring an added plus in the playoffs. They have size another plus in the playoffs especially around the boards. They have speed they can skate not just a couple of players but most. The Devils depend on 3 guys for scoring shut them down and it's over. The Devils don't have size or muscle for the physical part of the game. The Devils are not a fast team skating.

The Devils need goal tending, luck and a team they are playing with injuries or a bad day.

Oh my god, what is with that post, LucifersDog! That's quite an overreaction to Game 1, and too much bouquet-throwing to the Hurricanes. That's a good team over there, but the Devils are good, too. The streak they have been on since January is not a fluke, and I can't believe that you think it is a fluke. THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!

Oh my god, what is with that post, LucifersDog! That's quite an overreaction to Game 1, and too much bouquet-throwing to the Hurricanes. That's a good team over there, but the Devils are good, too. The streak they have been on since January is not a fluke, and I can't believe that you think it is a fluke. THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!

Some people haven't caught on to who LD is yet.....

:lol: well - I can't razz Realdog, I have been saying that I'm happy with the season. I don't think the Canes are all that though AND... I'd really like to see a well fought series despite the outcome <_<

I guess what I'd liek is too see the guys get on a nice solid path win or lose -- but thing of it is -- if they get on a nice solid path IMO they'll more than likely win the Cup.. so :noclue:

I'm looking forward to the game klap2.gif