GDT: Game 4 Devils @ Canucks 10pm MSG+

ZeroGravityFat

re: Volchenkov seeming getting a pass:

his minutes have been reduced each of the last two games

he got healthy scratched 5 or 6 games last year

he is not beyond reproach.

Salvador on the other hand...

and for God's sake, can we get Josefson in for Gionta. Enough is enough. No matter how you slice it, Gionta has been a disaster. Traditional Stats. "Advanced Stats." Helen Keller Stats. He's been bad. Teams are licking their chops to send their best out against him.

If Gionta would be on a one way deal then i'd understand, Lou wouldnt want to risk losing him on waivers (small pause thinking of Urbom...), but he can be send down any time. It doesnt make sense

re: Volchenkov seeming getting a pass:

his minutes have been reduced each of the last two games

he got healthy scratched 5 or 6 games last year

he is not beyond reproach.

Salvador on the other hand...

and for God's sake, can we get Josefson in for Gionta. Enough is enough. No matter how you slice it, Gionta has been a disaster. Traditional Stats. "Advanced Stats." Helen Keller Stats. He's been bad. Teams are licking their chops to send their best out against him.

Gotta hand it to Torts and other coaches for that matter. This may be the way Josefson gets in the lineup. 

3 out of a possible 8 though. If this team had any stamina and decent defense we'd have 6 points.

The "D" has been brutal, I've been yelling for a youth movement for 2 years, the "D" could not be an y worse with the kids, time is now to get Merril,Gelinas here, and Urbom should be here as well, mistake by LL

Calling up players does not equal a better team most likely.  We all understand that.

As fans I think we feel we have a losing formula at play.  It's not the losing, it's the apparent inaction that gets everyone in an uproar.

It has been proven that these passable vets are not able to finish, and it feels like alternatives are not being considered.

It's exciting to watch prospective players because there is so much to see and understand and fix. There is potential and that's motivational, energizing.  These go-to vets who you know can't  CAN'T bring anything new or fresh to the table -- watching that is like praying that something will change.  It's very passive.  One also gets the feeling they're dragging down hope -- the hope that the few new pieces will motivate them.  Well, obviously the new guys trust these old static vets because they tend to adopt the stolid mind-set.  Particularly when someone like Fayne - you feel like he's penalized for his freshness.  He's far from passionate but it feels like he is compared to the rest.    You also ask yourself how it is that Schneider could do his job so well in front of these AHL defence core that was our pre-season D.  Stevens was animated behind the bench in pre-season. True they aren't showing him now but  -- the passion is just not with this team.  Bad desperation a la Gio is what I see.  Is someone mistaking that crisis mode for passionate play?  The result is for sh!t -- could be worse -- so the team is playing for loser points? 

It's just not engaging.  They players aren't.  And how can a team win without any kind of engagement?

• Like 1

Calling up players does not equal a better team most likely.  We all understand that.

As fans I think we feel we have a losing formula at play.  It's not the losing, it's the apparent inaction that gets everyone in an uproar.

It has been proven that these passable vets are not able to finish, and it feels like alternatives are not being considered.

It's exciting to watch prospective players because there is so much to see and understand and fix. There is potential and that's motivational, energizing.  These go-to vets who you know can't  CAN'T bring anything new or fresh to the table -- watching that is like praying that something will change.  It's very passive.  One also gets the feeling they're dragging down hope -- the hope that the few new pieces will motivate them.  Well, obviously the new guys trust these old static vets because they tend to adopt the stolid mind-set.  Particularly when someone like Fayne - you feel like he's penalized for his freshness.  He's far from passionate but it feels like he is compared to the rest.    You also ask yourself how it is that Schneider could do his job so well in front of these AHL defence core that was our pre-season D.  Stevens was animated behind the bench in pre-season. True they aren't showing him now but  -- the passion is just not with this team.  Bad desperation a la Gio is what I see.  Is someone mistaking that crisis mode for passionate play?  The result is for sh!t -- could be worse -- so the team is playing for loser points? 

It's just not engaging.  They players aren't.  And how can a team win without any kind of engagement?

The D is WAY slow. When they are stationary, they are great at blocking shots (or in Volch's case, redirecting pucks into our own goal), but how many times this season have opposing teams blown right by our D for an odd man rush or breakaway?

Not to mention they can't make an outlet pass for the life of them.. they are too worried about dumping it out of our zone and icing everytime there is the slightest amount of pressure.

The D is WAY slow. When they are stationary, they are great at blocking shots (or in Volch's case, redirecting pucks into our own goal), but how many times this season have opposing teams blown right by our D for an odd man rush or breakaway?

Not to mention they can't make an outlet pass for the life of them.. they are too worried about dumping it out of our zone and icing everytime there is the slightest amount of pressure.

i agree i feel like they cant keep up and they keep getting caught up allowing break aways and such.. it looks like they dont have the talent to carry the puck out of the zone and into the oppositions side which is why the just dump it out and chase..

Couldn't agree more about the defense.  Fayne needs to stay in the lineup because he's actually good with the puck and he's a good skater.  Only defenseman better at skating on this team is Adam Greene.  Looking back, I really wish we would have kept Tallinder.  Why Lou didn't use a compliance buyout on Volch boggles my mind.

Couldn't agree more about the defense.  Fayne needs to stay in the lineup because he's actually good with the puck and he's a good skater.  Only defenseman better at skating on this team is Adam Greene.  Looking back, I really wish we would have kept Tallinder.  Why Lou didn't use a compliance buyout on Volch boggles my mind.

hey whos adam greene?!

Have to give it time.  Of course everyone jumping up and down about Gionta, who played all 48 games last year, forgets that Ryan Carter just got healthy scratched, and he's never missed a game while healthy (missed 4 games last year due to concussion).

Since he won't move Carter to center or scratch Gionta, scratching Carter's the only way to get Olesz in the lineup.  Carter doesn't have to play every game but he shouldn't be sitting six in a row either.

re: Pete scratching Volch last year, yeah he got scratched a handful of times when we had EIGHT d-men.   Now we have seven, and so far it's a rotation between Larsson and Fayne which is asinine.  But hey Volch was born a lefty which might be more important than his contract in keeping him in the lineup.