NFL Week 16...and then there were two.....

CRASHER

I understand where you're coming from dr33, but yesterday to me was about Flacco being hobbled/affected more than anything else.  Game was much closer than the score appeared, even with Flacco's effectiveness being compromised.  Don't know if you watched the game, but he was having a difficult time moving around, stepping into throws, etc.   

It's one of those things where if you're not watching the Pats closely every week, you look at the terrific won-lost records every season (and it's been an incredible run, that is indisputable, and it won't last forever) and you say "wow!"  And if you see a fan of the team criticizing BB or the Pats in any way, you think that fan is a loon.  I get that entirely.  But like I've said before, BB is credited with being a defensive mastermind, constantly.  His defenses the past several seasons have had a hell of a time stopping even mediocre QBs.  It can't be ignored, and it's often frustrating to watch.  Come playoff time in recent seasons, even he has admitted that his teams have been getting outplayed and outcoached.  Three home playoff losses. 

If you want to say the playoffs are more of a crapshoot than they used to be, I can't really argue that, because we're seeing 6th seed WC teams winning Super Bowls now.  Moreso than ever, it seems to be the team that gets hot at the right time can win, even if they've been little more than "meh" for over half the season. 

BB has gotten QB play that most of the league would kill for, and an offense that, coming into this season, often scored a whole lot of points.  They're not blameless in the recent uneven playoff runs...they've been getting shut down, but when you're constantly scoring over 500 points, your regular season records are going to be very good.  The offense had covered up for BB's D for years, but it's rarely been the other way around, especially in big games. 

Though I lose it sometimes and am not always reasonable, when I step back, BB has had a good year...I thought this team was winning 10 games going in, and they have a shot at 12 and a first-round bye, even with a slew of key injuries.  They've had some luck too...beating the Browns the way they did was beyond miraculous.  And I think Joe Flacco at 100% probably finds a way to beat the Pats in his building...the game didn't get out of hand until the end, with 14 bonus points against an inept backup QB, and Flacco had guys open he would've hit on other days.  But if the Pats get the #2 seed with everything that has gone wrong (starting with Aaron Hernandez), BB deserves credit...as does Brady, who has shown yet again he can make do with whatever he has to work with.      

I missed the first half, (I needed to get some air after the Panthers game), but watched the second (wasn't a great half until the final 5 minutes), but the defense made all the big plays. I have followed the Patriots very closely for many years as my brothers lives and dies with them. 

This has been an incredible year for the Patriots. This is not even close to an elite team, but once again going into the final week, the conference title is in play. Pathetic conference and division be-damned. BB has not had a "good" year, but an "excellent" one. One of the most impressive Patriots seasons I can remember.

Edited by devilsrule33

So....now only in Dallas can Dumbo go from Hero of the Day to now on IR (potentially) with a herniated disk....how the hell does this happen??? And if he played through that....a HELL of a lot more credit to him!

This has been a crazy year.  But the Eagles should crush be able to crush Dallas, especially if Romo is hurt.

There are two things that annoy me about this

1. Garrett PROBABLY gets a pass now for missing the playoffs

2. the Cowboys should run a smarter (re:run-oriented) game plan now....this might be their best approach to win regardless of QB

Only difference really is room is more mobile then orton not much is gonna change with Orton in their. Only way they win is if the defense shows up for them. Plain and simple.

2. the Cowboys should run a smarter (re:run-oriented) game plan now....this might be their best approach to win regardless of QB

1. Garrett or his replacements will never make a difference when Jones really calls the shots.

2. if the Cowboys had smarter game calling they would probably be close to undefeated this year and not wishing to make the playoffs.

I don't expect Jerry to change his offense now. He has Dez Bryant merchandise to sell.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304577/article/justin-tuck-knows-sunday-might-be-his-last-giants-game

"Next year I'll either be here trying to put some more trophies in the trophy room, or I'll be somewhere else trying to put a trophy in the trophy room. This is a business. It's football.. change is inevitable. After that, it will be onto the next stage of my life. Finding out where I'll be employed next season. I don't know when the decision is going to be, but I'll be a little teary-eyed after Sunday's game."  --Justin Tuck

..wow! I know people have speculated he might be done with the Giants, but the way he's talking, the car's already packed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304577/article/justin-tuck-knows-sunday-might-be-his-last-giants-game

"Next year I'll either be here trying to put some more trophies in the trophy room, or I'll be somewhere else trying to put a trophy in the trophy room. This is a business. It's football.. change is inevitable. After that, it will be onto the next stage of my life. Finding out where I'll be employed next season. I don't know when the decision is going to be, but I'll be a little teary-eyed after Sunday's game." --Justin Tuck

..wow! I know people have speculated he might be done with the Giants, but the way he's talking, the car's already packed.

Thank god. He can take his ego someplace else. Tuck hasn't been invisible the last two years

Thank god. He can take his ego someplace else. Tuck hasn't been invisible the last two years

..surprised to hear Giant fans feel that way.

The guy's going to put up yet another 10-sack season, and probably make the Probowl. (only 6 players have more sacks in the NFC) He's still only 30 years old. I'd give him a 2-3 year contract if I'm a GM looking to bulk up my front seven.