2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Lou going to call up someone else w/ Henrique unlikely to play?  We going to see Whitney? Sislo? DB must really not want to play Teddy. i'm sure Lou's looking for a trade partner.  

Reid Boucher playing in a Top 3 line role tonight.

Devils have called up Reid Boucher. Lou Lamoriello said he will make his NHL debut tonight. via @TGfireandice

Lamoriello made it sound like Boucher will play in a top 9 role tonight.  via @TGfireandice 

Boucher will play tonight. Adam Henrique is available to play  via @Ledger_NJDevils 

Edited by DJ Eco

Josefson was awful last night. Do you honestly think if the Devils dressed what you consider their best 4th line right now that that line would play in the 3rd period?

I think pretty much any line that doesn't have Cam Janssen on it can at least be trusted with some ice time in the 3rd period. Cam Janssen is useless. You know this.

Josefson was awful last night.  Do you honestly think if the Devils dressed what you consider their best 4th line right now that that line would play in the 3rd period?

He was not awful, at least not worse than any other non-Zubrus forward.  He hit a post in the first period and had another chance hop over his stick on a 2-on-1 in the second period.

And would they play and should they play are two different things.  Of course they wouldn't play, this is Pete we're talking about.  Unless it was Carter-Gionta-Bernier, then they'd play 15 minutes and get matched up against every first line.  But you can't keep doing this...11 games in 18 days and we're running the old guys into the ground with all this supposed depth up front playing two-thirds of an AHL line.

Edited by NJDevs4978

He was not awful, at least not worse than any other non-Zubrus forward.  He hit a post in the first period and had another chance hop over his stick on a 2-on-1 in the second period.

And would they play and should they play are two different things.  Of course they wouldn't play, this is Pete we're talking about.  Unless it was Carter-Gionta-Bernier, then they'd play 15 minutes and get matched up against every first line.  But you can't keep doing this...11 games in 18 days and we're running the old guys into the ground with all this supposed depth up front playing two-thirds of an AHL line.

He had an atrocious penalty killing shift.  Just really truly bad.  He hit a post with a prayer shot and that line did have some decent shifts, but he can't kill penalties like that and expect to play.

What happened to the depth?  3 guys are hurt and Olesz left.  That's 4 forwards who were on the opening roster who aren't now.  Also Tedenby is just taking up space at this point.

unfortunately janssen should be playing against the rags, we will be out-hit again.  just keep his mins in check

is it time to mix it up and the break up the number one line to try and establish a better second line now? (i know - sacrilege) however, elias wanted to play with jagr and with even with all the possession time figures they arent lighting up the scoreboard. the question is which two forwards play with a combo of zub-jags-travis-patty/

When we get 100% healthy, here is my ideal lineup.

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr

Elias - Henrique - Ryder

Boucher - Loktionov - Bernier

Clowe - Josefson - Brunner

Greene - Fayne

Gelinas - Larsson

Merrill - Zidlicky

And stratch Salvador and Volchenkov? Sorry, not coming to happen.

Volchenkov has been very solid this season and is key to the pk. I would much rather him in over zidlicky and even fayne, and I'm sure Merrill will show some warts as well.

Otherwise you're playing g zidlicky or Merrill on the pk and I'm not too find of that idea.

Volchenkov has been very solid this season and is key to the pk. I would much rather him in over zidlicky and even fayne, and I'm sure Merrill will show some warts as well.

Otherwise you're playing g zidlicky or Merrill on the pk and I'm not too find of that idea.

Zidlicky has been one of our best defensemen this year.  Fayne has been good too.  The only guy who should be coming out for Volchenkov is Merrill.  One of Salvador or Volchenkov have to be traded imo.  And I like both of them.  I would also trade Fayne if the the return is good enough.