Lamoriello may be relieved of business duties

gionta182

I would vote 'too bad' that the report was incorrect, because it would've freed Lou up to concentrate 100% on the hockey side of things.

I would only wish that to happen if it truly was a joint decision and not the usual PR "joint decision". I think the teams' success under Lou earns him the right to make his own call on that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But why does Lou have to be 'washed up' or the 'greatest GM of all time' ? All Im saying is that everything has a run and perhaps its time to change it up...

this doesn't make any sense at all. 'everything has a run' - i don't even know what that means. 'it's time to change it up' - why, too many division titles? there's a lot of luck in the playoffs and right now the devils have gotten the shorter end of it re: injuries. things really have to break right to have a long playoff run.

this doesn't make any sense at all. 'everything has a run' - i don't even know what that means. 'it's time to change it up' - why, too many division titles? there's a lot of luck in the playoffs and right now the devils have gotten the shorter end of it re: injuries. things really have to break right to have a long playoff run.

There is no doubt that as Devils fans most people on this board are spoiled. I mean we got 3rd place in the Eastern Conference, just look at how ecstatic the Carolina Hurricanes and their fans are to even be in the playoffs at ALL. The idea that Lou has done a bad job with that said is just absurd. The only GM who is even close to Lou is Ken Holland, although it appears that he may have surpassed him.

Think about even highly regarded GMs. Look at Bob Gainey in Montreal. That team has collapsed and he's supposedly one of the best in the game. When you can only think of one GM who's even close to being better, then you're pretty damn good and should be retained.

HOWEVER. It is clear to me at least, that the game has changed dramatically since Lou's heyday, and he is ignoring aspects of the game that can no longer be ignored. It appears to me this team can't skate well enough and can't score enough goals to win a Stanley cup. In the past that hasn't been a problem since the D could contain other teams, but this D just can't keep up with other teams.

So really, I think changing the GM is absolutely insane, and anyone who wants to is a fool. But as to the "Everything has a run" comment I think he's trying to say Lou is not adapting sufficiently. And it appears that his strategy to build a team may be suboptimal.

The thing is I trust Lou to see that and make modifications more than I trust some random executive to do the same. There is just too much Lou brings to the table to cast him off just because a few FA signings haven't panned out as hoped.

Please no. Boumeester is the most overrated D in the game. I would rather spend the money on a defensemen that will actually make a difference for his team.

He's better than anything we have sans Martin. I know he'll cost some scratch, but who else can we go after that would be a clear upgrade over any d-man on the roster?

There is no doubt that as Devils fans most people on this board are spoiled. I mean we got 3rd place in the Eastern Conference, just look at how ecstatic the Carolina Hurricanes and their fans are to even be in the playoffs at ALL. The idea that Lou has done a bad job with that said is just absurd. The only GM who is even close to Lou is Ken Holland, although it appears that he may have surpassed him.

Think about even highly regarded GMs. Look at Bob Gainey in Montreal. That team has collapsed and he's supposedly one of the best in the game. When you can only think of one GM who's even close to being better, then you're pretty damn good and should be retained.

HOWEVER. It is clear to me at least, that the game has changed dramatically since Lou's heyday, and he is ignoring aspects of the game that can no longer be ignored. It appears to me this team can't skate well enough and can't score enough goals to win a Stanley cup. In the past that hasn't been a problem since the D could contain other teams, but this D just can't keep up with other teams.

So really, I think changing the GM is absolutely insane, and anyone who wants to is a fool. But as to the "Everything has a run" comment I think he's trying to say Lou is not adapting sufficiently. And it appears that his strategy to build a team may be suboptimal.

The thing is I trust Lou to see that and make modifications more than I trust some random executive to do the same. There is just too much Lou brings to the table to cast him off just because a few FA signings haven't panned out as hoped.

thank you Half-- my feelings are somewhere between what you wrote and what I said .. but tri thinks he's right and only his opinion counts