GDT: Rangers @ Devils

MadDog2020

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game pissed me off beyond any other this season. Showed me exactly why they'll be golfing after the 1st round.

Can't hold a lead, can't win faceoffs, too many Jeckyl and Hyde periods, too many giveaways....this game was a perfect example of what has plauged them all season.

They didn't want the game as much as the Rags and there's no excuse for it when the Devils have something to play for as well.

fvck this team.

Exactly, sums up my feelings as well.

Here you go Rangers, not only can you have one point, you can also have 2!

Don't worry though. Now the guys are going to have a meeting about how they can't let games slip away and how they have to make smarter decisions. Too bad that won't help you win a fvcking faceoff or score on glorious chances all game long.

I'm pissed and have been pissed for the last 3 months. Yeah its a farce loss but the Rangers should have never walked out of the building with 2 points. But you know someone will come in here and say its all about breaks and yada yada yada. Someone please tell me when they find a way to play just 2 really solid games in a row. Lord knows I've been waiting all year.

This game pissed me off beyond any other this season. Showed me exactly why they'll be golfing after the 1st round and they deserve to be.

Can't hold a lead, can't win faceoffs, too many Jeckyl and Hyde periods, too many giveaways....this game was a perfect example of what has plauged them all season.

They didn't want the game as much as the Rags and there's no excuse for it when the Devils have something to play for as well.

fvck Lemaire, too.

I don't think the Devils win run into any goalie as good as Lundqvist come playoff time. He simply stole this game for the Rangers.

The rags make me sick. Such a typical win by them - they played well but they had no business even getting a point out of this game. Also Elias and Parise chose to go with incredibly weak shots in the SO which is strange, because the two of them usually pull some crazy moves.

So fvcking pissed off. It doesn't matter that the Rangers aren't going anywhere (then again the Devils aren't but at least will be in the playoffs), I'm still going to hear non stop about this for a few days. Not looking forward to tomorrow.

What are you gonna hear? That the Rangers are only 3 points out of a playoff spot now? Tell any Ranger fan that has the nerve to say anything to you to suck a camel's ass, and tell them how nice the view is from first place.

I don't think the Devils win run into any goalie as good as Lundqvist come playoff time. He simply stole this game for the Rangers.

no mike mottau ruined it with his terrible sloppy play. that leg to the tying goal. and him looking like a dumba$$ once again

Henrik no skill with that save...just got down on his knees and prayed.

cant lift the puck. its not just going to go through the leg pads.....

What are you gonna hear? That the Rangers are only 3 points out of a playoff spot now? Tell any Ranger fan that has the nerve to say anything to you to suck a camel's ass, and tell them how nice the view is from first place.

It doesn't matter what they say, I still gotta hear sh!t. Whether I ignore it or respond that the Devils are better I still have to physically hear it which pisses me off after a few hours of it.

Henrik no skill with that save...just got down on his knees and prayed.

Give it a rest. The guy won the shootout.

We had a chance to more or less put the nail in the Rangers coffin and blew it. Kind of reminds me of a certain game against a certain team from the Southeast in mid-April of last year. It's all a haze though.

We had a chance to more or less put the nail in the Rangers coffin and blew it. Kind of reminds me of a certain game against a certain team from the Southeast in mid-April of last year. It's all a haze though.

the point is IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN TO A SHOOTOUT

If periods were 19 minutes long the devils would have about oooh i don't know about 6 or 7 more wins this year.

I just love how we outplay and out shoot and lose...and people like Avery go off the ice with a win. Yea makes perfect sense.

Oh he saved their ass big time tonight. But he wasn't the reason the Devils played a grabage 2nd period after a great first. That has been a problem of some form all season long. Lundqvist is also not the reason that, as was pointed out before, that there is no center on the ice to take a key faceoff late in the game.

I'm probably an optimist to a fault with this team most of the time, but not this year. They'll likely get out of the first round because the rest of the conference is a joke. But playing this inconsistent will get your ass served by a strong team that is playing well. I will gladly eat crow but you just can't ignore the last 3 months and like unknown poster said, you had a sample of everything that is good and wrong in this one game alone.

They should have buried these pricks tonight and yet walked out of the place with a L after blowing 3 one goal leads.

Edited by Sickman

I gotta agree that Lemaire choosing to have no good faceoff man on the ice in the last 90 seconds is completely inexcusable. That's just poor coaching right there, and very likely cost us the game and kept the rags season alive.

it almost seemed like he overplayed parise, elias, and langs. they were out there the last 1:30 and into the overtime.

i know there were stopages but c'mon

Oh he saved their ass big time tonight. But he wasn't the reason the Devils played a grabage 2nd period after a great first. That has been a problem of some form all season long. Lundqvist is also not the reason that, as it wa spointed out before, that there is no center on the ice to take a key faceoff.

I'm probably an optimist to a fault with this team most of the time, but not this year. They'll likely get out of the first round because the rest of the conference is a joke. But playing like this inconsistent will get your ass served by a strong team that is playing well. I will gladly eat crow but you just can't ignore the last 3 months and like unknown poster said, you had a sample of everything that is good and wrong in this one game alone.

I gotta say I would normally agree with you, but you are overreacting here. The Devils played a very good game. The only reason we didn't win is bad luck on our part, good luck on the rags part, Lundqvist stealing the game, poor coaching by Lemaire, and horrible decisions by Parise and Elias on the SO. 99 times out of 100 this game is a clear win for the Devils.

Agreed. Looking at possible opponents there's Ottawa, who has Leclaire and the other Brodeur, Philadelphia with their minor league flavor of the week, Montreal with Halak and Price, and Boston with Thomas and Rask.

Clearly of those, Halak/Price will be the best, but they are still beatable goaltenders who I would not put on Lundqvist's level. If Thoams decides to play like the goalie he was last year, he would obviously be on Lundqvist's level, but I can't see him just turning it on after the mediocre season he's had.