This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

Someone should seriously start looking into collusion by teams like Philly and New York. No matter how many careers these teams ruin, no matter how many disappointing postseasons these teams have, everyone wants to go to Philly or New York. 

I feel like these two teams are dicking around the league, especially New York. Sports agencies are usually either in Toronto or New York, or if they're not there, then business trips to New York are obviously a regular thing.

Can't help but think there's a birdie in everyone's ear every year that so many people want to go to Philly or New York season after season.

Edited by DJ Eco

Someone should seriously start looking into collusion by teams like Philly and New York. No matter how many careers these teams ruin, no matter how many disappointing postseasons these teams have, everyone wants to go to Philly or New York. 

I just heard from EJ Hradek that Stasny would fit in New York.  Bleck. 

The Thornton stuff sounds like a lot of BS. Not really worth discussing unless someone other than The Rangers Blog brings it up.

It doesn't really make sense to me and a little early for such a demand to come out anyway. These West Coast hockey players don't want to go to NYC, and I imagine the last thing Thornton wants to do is leave.

Edited by devilsrule33

I wouldn't exactly blame him for holding the Sharks' feet to the fire if they try to Holmgren him (deal him before the extension kicks in)...but I'm just sick of all these guys only wanting to play for the Rangers.  WTF makes the Rangers so special compared to the Kings/Hawks/Bruins/etc where all these players can't wait to go there?  I've never seen a rash of big-name players wind up forcing their way to one team like this.

And I don't want to hear about Thornton and Nash being buddy buddy either, Thornton has been in the league 15 years, he doesn't have any other friends?

Nash didn't force his way to the Rangers.  Other teams were interested, the Rangers offered the most.  St. Louis maintains a house in Connecticut.  If Thornton wants to go somewhere that has cap room, he won't be going to the Kings, Hawks or Bruins, he will be going to New York, because they will have cap room when they buy out Brad Richards.

So, what is the most the Rangers could realistically pay to get Jumbo Joe? Keep in mind they don't have a first until 2016

I'm thinking 2 out of 3 of Hagelin, Kreider and Miller

Kreider would have to be part of it. Perhaps Bucovich. In any event, without a first rounder it isn't happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well sh!t, Man! Would have been awesome(although we don't have the parts) to hear Joe wanted to go to NJ. Anyway I'm hoping for Jokinen and, even though he's in talks with OTT, Milan Michalek.

I would consider that a successful off-season if they could acquire those two guys(Michalek and Jokinen) and lose one of Ryder or Brunner.    

Edited by RizzMB30

Didn't know he played LW.

LOL. Good one.

So, what is the most the Rangers could realistically pay to get Jumbo Joe? Keep in mind they don't have a first until 2016

I'm thinking 2 out of 3 of Hagelin, Kreider and Miller

No chance they give up Kreider. Probably Hagelin, Brassard, and a prospect. I think SJ will want a C in return.

If anyone's talking trades with the Rangers this offseason, there's no way any deal doesn't involve Kreider. No Kreider, no deal, and I can't see the Rangers giving him up, so I don't foresee the Rangers making any meaningful trades this offseason. I think Sather has wised up the past few years, he knows he has a lot of housekeeping to do with his own RFA/UFA.

According to McKenzie, it'll be a Chicago-Washington Winter Classic in 2015.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI will be WSH's opponent in the 2015 Winter Classic.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Venue for Winter Classic in D.C. hasn't been finalized yet but leading candidate is believed to be Nationals Park.

"He's part of our core, we're hopeful we can sign him. We have a structure and I know he understands that. He's unrestricted, so he can start listening to offers (Wednesday)." - Joe Sakic on Paul Stastny

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick-Sadowski/Avs-still-hope-to-re-sign-Stastny-OReilly-McGinn-gets-2-year-deal/188/60720

Sounds like they're crossing their fingers for a hometown discount. If you keep reading on, it seems like Sakic is offering them $6m or less and nothing more.

"We believe Ryan and Paul should fit within that structure. We don't believe anyone should be ahead of any of those guys. We believe that they're all equally important to us. We have a structure here and we believe in taking care of those core guys, and Ryan and Paul both fit in that core with our structure. We expect to do that going forward." - Joe Sakic, referring to what I think is Duchene's $6m/5 year contract as "the structure".

Edited by DJ Eco

According to McKenzie, it'll be a Chicago-Washington Winter Classic in 2015.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: CHI will be WSH's opponent in the 2015 Winter Classic.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Venue for Winter Classic in D.C. hasn't been finalized yet but leading candidate is believed to be Nationals Park.

Great, another outdoor game featuring 2 teams that have already been in one.  This will be Washington's second and Chicago's 3rd outdoor game.  Couldn't NBC get a little more creative?

Also heard a few days ago that NHL will most likely be skipping the Stadium series this coming season but bring them back for the 2015-2016 season with Denver and San Jose being the most likely destinations.