32 games to go.

Mike Brown

We have a fairly easy schedule.  I definitely think this team can win 20-22 of the remaining games to get in.

Boston: 2

Buffalo: 1

Carolina: 2

Columbus: 1

Calgary: 1

Colorado: 1

Dallas: 1

Detroit: 2

Edmonton: 1

Florida: 2

Minnesota: 1

Nashville: 1

NY Islanders: 3

NY Rangers: 2

Ottawa: 1

Philadelphia: 1

Phoenix: 1

San Jose: 1

St. Louis: 2

Tampa Bay: 1

Toronto: 1

Washington: 3

Sorry, am I misunderstand something or are you predicting 3 point games over the isles and Washington?

Edit: clearly that number refers to games remaining against... Don't drink and post kids

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

They're not winning 20 out of 32. They'll win like 14-15 of those games with some points for shootout losses.

And that will likely not be good enough. If they win 15 and get let's say another 5-7 loser points, that leaves them around 86-88 points. That probably won't be enough to get in.

They're not winning 20 out of 32. They'll win like 14-15 of those games with some points for shootout losses.

Perhaps, but I'm confident this team can win 20 of the 32.  Even with your scenario of 15 wins, we can still get to the 92 point mark which is what I'm predicting will be the magic number.

Edited by Mike Brown

And that will likely not be good enough. If they win 15 and get let's say another 5-7 loser points, that leaves them around 86-88 points. That probably won't be enough to get in.

Well if they go 15-8-9, that'll be a total of 95 points by the end of the season.

Edited by Mike Brown

Well if they go 15-8-9, that'll be a total of 95 points by the end of the season.

No, that would be 90 points.

51 + 39 = 90

Devils need to go nine over NHL .500 to finish with 92 points, twelve over to finish with 95.

Devils have won 20 out of their first 50 games.  Kind of hard to make a case for them winning 20 out of their last 32.  Of course I'd love to see it, but unless Schneider goes on an insane tear, or the Devils win almost all of their remaining shootouts, I can't see it happening.

The only way they are winning 20 of 32 is if there is a serious change to the personnel.

I don't see any moves being made to change that.  The ones that should (selling) probably won't happen either.

Anybody who has watched them this season has seen how lazy they have played against some of the supposedly worse teams.  The point to be made is we aren't much better than many of these teams (Panthers, Isles, Blue Jackets).  Only team that's a certifiable mess is Buffalo and we actually looked pretty bad against them in the last game.

No, that would be 90 points.

51 + 39 = 90

Devils need to go nine over NHL .500 to finish with 92 points, twelve over to finish with 95.

Devils have won 20 out of their first 50 games.  Kind of hard to make a case for them winning 20 out of their last 32.  Of course I'd love to see it, but unless Schneider goes on an insane tear, or the Devils win almost all of their remaining shootouts, I can't see it happening.

Doh I'm an idot.

A case can be made because the last 32 games is probably the easiest part of the schedule.

Lets Get realistic.

Devils are not firing DeBoer during this season.

I agree with Jagr play 6 D only and stop juggling the offensive line let chemistry try to work. However DeBoer panics and juggles the lines.

All teams play better at the end of the season because they are trying to make the playoffs or they want to be spoilers.

When the Devils get Brunner back we will be at full strength assuming no one else get hurt. Lets hope that adds to the offense. IMO I don't think the Devils will get better instead they will stay the same and miss the playoffs. I am expecting a loss against St. Louis , Washington and the Rangers that will set the Devils on their heals. Teams in front and behind of the Devils in the standing today have games in hand that will hurt as well.

I look forward to next season without DeBoer and company, without Marty wishful thinking and without Lou another wish.

Go Devils prove me wrong I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

I might be mistaken, but didn't Jagr go to PDB and essentially say "let me play with these guy and develop chemistry" when PDB was linejuggling like a madman early on?

I didn't read that but he sure did last night after the game and I think he is correct. I have always been about chemistry that's why the old A-line was so great, they knew where each other would be on any play.

Schneider going on a tear won't help us win any more games. He's been playing pretty well and getting very little goal support still.

It's about offense, health, and the quality of play and puck movement out of the defense into the neutral zone.

Schneider going on a tear won't help us win any more games. He's been playing pretty well and getting very little goal support still.

It's about offense, health, and the quality of play and puck movement out of the defense into the neutral zone.

How will a goaltender playing better not win us any more games?

How will a goaltender playing better not win us any more games?[/

I mean considering how bad this team is at scoring goals, not to mention how awful this team is on shoot outs, we need almost elite goaltending at this point. That, of course is what we signed up for when we traded for Schneider, so he basically has to be the man going forward, and even that may not be enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How will a goaltender playing better not win us any more games?[/

Come on. I was challenging the idea that Schnieder is going to be the key to getting more wins. He's not going to play much better than what he's been doing. If his goal support was up a bit that becomes a whole different narrative.