Concerts

Devils Dose

not a Concert Per Say... but I just got tix to see Louis CK in October

I heard about that this morning. I'm hoping to go too.

Literally minutes after I posted about hoping they release more Iron Maiden tickets at the Rock, my friend called me up to say that they did and I'm now going.

:rock:

My updated concert list:

7/19 - Death Cab For Cutie - Wellmont Theater, Montclair

7/21 - Everclear/Sugar Ray/Gin Blossoms/Lit/Marcy Playground - PNC Arts Center, Holmdel (Tentative)

7/29 - Sigur Ros - Mann Center, Philadelphia

And one of:

9/15-16 - RiotFest - Humboldt Park, Chicago

9/16 - Bon Iver - Mann Center, Philadelphia

Still trying to work out a way to get into the 7/24 Gaslight Anthem show at Webster Hall but secondary market tickets are INSANE, so I'm not holding my breath.

I heard about that this morning. I'm hoping to go too.

Literally minutes after I posted about hoping they release more Iron Maiden tickets at the Rock, my friend called me up to say that they did and I'm now going.

:rock:

there MAY be some tix left on louisck.net but i DOUBT it... so happy im going w/ the girl

nice! id like to see Maiden someday.. enjoy!

Alice Cooper, opening for Iron Maiden at the Rock last night, wore a red Devils jersey with the No. 18 (for his song "Eighteen," no doubt) and "Cooper" written across the back. Very cool!

As soon as I can find a photo, I'll post it.

I saw Maiden at Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden on Friday. It's a longer drive and I hate going near Philly but I much prefer seeing a concert from the front of a lawn in one of those types of venues than from a seat in an arena. Awesome show though, great setlist! One thing that annoys me though is that the shirt I bought has the show listed as Philadelphia when it was Camden, NEW JERSEY! I did not go to Philly at any point that day! :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Death Cab For Cutie last week, not bad.

Sunday it's Sigur Ros at the Mann Center in Philly. I expect that to be incredible.

Possibly seeing Bouncing Souls again in early August. Then it's RiotFest (Gaslight Anthem, Iggy Pop, Elvis Costello, Gogol Bordello, Coheed & Cambria, etc etc) in Chicago in September.

And probably Third Eye Blind at the Stone Pony the week after that.

Saw:

Dave Matthews Band in Camden 6/27 (With Head and the Heart)

Dave Matthews Band in Hershey 6/29 (With Head and the Heart)

Dave Matthews Band in Bethel Woods NY 6/30 (With Delta Spirit)

Seeing:

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals in Philly 9/24

Dave Matthews Band in Charlottesville VA 11/16

Dave Matthews Band in Charlottesville VA 11/17

Dave Matthews Band at Madison Square Garden 11/19

Dave Matthews Band at Madison Square Garden 11/20

Saw:

Seeing:

I'm sorry but DMB is just terrible, terrible music.

• Like 1

Saw:

Seeing:

I'm sensing a theme there, lol.

Dave Matthews is also going to be at Farm Aid at Hersheypark Stadium in Pennsylvania Sept. 22. My friend is taking his whole family. He asked me if I want to take mine too; I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan, but my wife is.

Edited by 95Crash

I'm sensing a theme there, lol.

Dave Matthews is also going to be at Farm Aid at Hersheypark Stadium in Pennsylvania Sept. 22. My friend is taking his whole family. He asked me if I want to take mine too; I'm not sure yet. I'm not a big fan, but my wife is.

It's just going to be Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds acoustic. I would go obviously haha so that's my advice to you. Dave and Tim provide a very interesting perspective on DMB music. Tim is also an amazing guitarist.

I'm sorry but DMB is just terrible, terrible music.

Well they, that's your opinion.

They have 8 multi platinum studio albums and are one of the top grossing live acts in the world for 20 years. So a lot may disagree with you.

They are some of the best musicians in the business. When all is said and done this year after the second MSG show that'll be my 23rd... I still see songs I've never heard live before because they always mix up the sets.

What do you listen to?

Well they, that's your opinion.

They have 8 multi platinum studio albums and are one of the top grossing live acts in the world for 20 years. So a lot may disagree with you.

They are some of the best musicians in the business. When all is said and done this year after the second MSG show that'll be my 23rd... I still see songs I've never heard live before because they always mix up the sets.

What do you listen to?

Saw roger waters at Yankee stadium after seeing him in 2010 and 2006. The wall is the third best selling album of all time in America and dark side of the moon is the longest charting album of all time on billboard. That album has been cited by some as arguably the best selling rock/pop album of all time worldwide if you count all formats. So yeah him and pink Floyd are pretty good.

I like mostly classic rock.

I hate whiney, overly preachy white guys whose music is a cross between phish (whom i find to be equally terrible) and thinks he is a hippy version of Bruce. Sorry but DMB is terrible and his fans are mostly 15-25 year olds who think they are reliving the 60s while having their mommys and daddy's paying for their tickets, iPhones, cars and everything else in their life.