[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

Says he was looking for multiyear at  3.5 per year. Wings offered 2 years at 2.5. Honestly, not sure what sort of crack Brunner is smoking to think he is worth 3.5.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_questions_readers_wo.html

It's not that ridiculous. He's a player, who while only having one season in the NHL, is not "developing", except for having to adjust to the NA game. The biggest question for me is whether or not his season was so good only because he was an unknown and know that he's on people's radars, things could be different. If he was any other player at the same age, he'd get $3.5 and multiple years no problem. I don't think it's completely unreasonable for him to ask for it. I wouldn't pay more than $3M per.

• Like 1

Sure. I get that it might be a steal. But I feel teams would see that he 1) hasn't played in the NHL even a full season and 2) some of the production was definitely due to playing on a pretty stacked line. I think Detroits offer is very fair. Prove yourself some more and then we'll see about a higher multiyear deal.

Honestly, I'd love to see some D moved and both him and Henrique signed. I just think he may be looking for too much and pricing himself out (hence the crack smoking comment).

Edited by mrthemike

Do we want to take a chance with this unknown player I say yes but the price must be right. No Panic Lou, he is worth $3 M for 3 years. Would I go $3.5 yes. However we need another wing in the $3 -4 M package to complete the deal with Henrique signing as well. IMO we will then be competitive in the East. Henrique is driving Lou nuts and I don't blame Henrique, No team will offer him $4.5 M so it up to Lou to come up with a short term and a long term and I doubt that Lou can do  long term deal.

Haha....i have NO idea............!!

That's why I'm okay with the waiting game. I've always loved Lou's insistence on paying players what he thinks they're worth. Even if the money isn't hugely different, I don't want the Devils changing their precedent toward free agency.

I watched a lil of the hawks/wings game this morning. great forechecker. babcock had him on 2nd line, he looked very good. speedy guy. hopefully after this "sale" (of dev's) is complete, lou will sign him.  

I'm sure Henrique deal has been negotiated and done, and will be signed when the ink is wet on sale as well.

At this point, I'm expecting him to sign, then retire to go back to Switzerland before the end of the contract.

• Like 1