Role Call

MissionHockey

Age 39 will be 40 in a little over a month, for some reason it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

I think the gender should be obvious.

Live in North Jersey since 1992, grew up in Northern CT where about the only legal thing to do on a Saturday night was watch high school hockey. So I did and became hooked on the sport.

Have 3 cats & am happily single although my friend Lucia seems to believe it is her duty in life to marry me off. I told her if she can find me a man who likes hockey & cats she's welcome to try.

:evil:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 yr. old female (but an old man at heart)

living in Bergen County

I love my 5 cats (and I love my dead gay son)

Following Devils since '98 when I went to my 1st game (yes, I was only 11, but the biggest dweebs in school have time for these things-friends don't really matter in middle school...at least to me...)

Love watching the Devils, wandering aimlessly around the house, occasionally in a drunken stupor, and eating White Castle.

I also love these bananas.... :dance::dance::dance: -I've tried to dance like them, but to no avail...

21.5 guy, from Ridgewood, New Jersey, just finishing a semester in Montreal (home university is in Washington, DC).

Dating an Emer for seven months Monday.

Following Devils since a bit after I moved to NJ in '90 but became a more serios fan in 2000.

Love playing roller hockey, skateboarding, hardcore/punk/metal music, growing a beard (semi-successfully), and being a nerd online (just look at my post total!).

Favorite Devil = THE GREAT TOMMY ALBELIN

djstubbs: RD doesn't really let people know her age.

MissionHockey: "Good point, but on some other boards they don't respect your opinion if you're not at least 18."

This board goes by your level of intelligence, really. If you're 40 and talk like you're 12, you're going to get schooled. I mean, you can't help your age, but you can try to be intelligent.

GA Devil: You beat me in terms of locations! :o I got Rochester, NY (0-2 years old); Richmond, VA (2-7); Chicago, IL (7-9); Ridgewood, NJ (9-present), have spent most of my college career in Washington, DC (done with three years - holy crap!) but just finished a semester in Montreal... and man oh man am I going to miss it!

P.S. GA Devil, since you're not really a Georgia Devil anymore, you can PM DevilMinder asking for a name change. Just PM which name you want to be switched to and he'll change it right away. Come to think of it, any admin will do it, and DevilMinder has been VERY busy lately so you might want to PM a diff't admin.

Ok I'll restate mine, since it's all the way on the first page, and it's a basically nothing post.

Justin Vitale

19 years old

Just finishing off my 2nd semester of college, this semester sucks (work wise).

Live in Toms River, NJ in the summer, been there my whole life.

Have 1 cat, Crystal, love her to death, she's the best thing that's probably ever happened to me!

Play hockey and golf whenever I can, which is usually very frequent in the summertime.

Started to follow the Devs in the 92-93 season when my dad took me to a game vs. Wings where the Devs won 6-3, but really got into them the following year when they lost to the Rangers. Then ever since then, I have been extremely hooked on them. Every year I seem to get even more intense about them, and when I don't think I can get more intense, I somehow do. I love the team.

Started to play hockey around the same time my dad took me to that game. I started out as a defensemen, then I went to RW, then went to center, then finally found my home...between the pipes. I used to play at Ocean Ice Palace in Brick Twp., home of the powerhouse Brick Dragons of New Jersey High School hockey, and I played at American Hockey in Wall Twp. Played the house leagues there for numerous years, made the tournament teams for the house leagues virtually every year and we played in such places as Lake Placid, NY (I played in both the 1932 and 1980 Olympic rinks), West Chester, PA, and Montclair, NJ. Out of all the tournaments we played, we only won 1, and that was in Montclair.

I have been playing golf around the same exact time as I started hockey. I love to play. It can be such a relaxing game when you are out on the course for acouple hours, just baking in the sun, and being peaceful. But then again, it can be the most frustrating sport imaginable. I was on my high school varsity golf team all 4 years. I have progressed every year, except last year when my handicap remained the same. I hope to change that this summer. I've played in great places like Pebble Beach (playing it again in June), PGA National, TPC La Quinta in Palm Springs, TPC Jasna Polana in Princeton, etc.

I listen to all types of music. But my favorites are OASIS, Coldplay, REM, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Barenaked Ladies, Incubus, Dave Matthews Band, Collective Soul, Maroon 5, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen, The Verve, U2, etc.

Edited by NJayDevil

Jason MacIsaac

Donkin, Nova Scotia Canada

18 years old till june (BARS)

Finished first year of college (Business)

I play Golf and Hockey.

I played hockey since I was 3 years old on the pond beside my house. Plyaed Atom A, Atom AAA, Peewee A (won provincials), Peewee AA (won provincials), Bantom House (BLA), Bantom A, Midget A, Midget AAA.

I plyed golf for about 8 years now and am playing to a 3 handicap. Shot 68 today :)

I have one cat and one dog. My cats name is Sabbath and I treat it as if it was a god. It sleeps with me, follows me outside and everything. My dogs name is Muffy and she is 16 years old.

I like alot of music, The Tragically Hip, John Mayer, Collective Soul, Simon and Garfunkel and just Paul Simon, The Stones, Stan Rogers, The Beetles, ect. I like anything that is relaxing. Evanescence too.

Ok I'll restate mine, since it's all the way on the first page, and it's a basically nothing post.

Justin Vitale

19 years old

Just finishing off my 2nd semester of college, this semester sucks (work wise).

Live in Toms River, NJ in the summer, been there my whole life.

Have 1 cat, Crystal, love her to death, she's the best thing that's probably ever happened to me!

Play hockey and golf whenever I can, which is usually very frequent in the summertime.

Started to follow the Devs in the 92-93 season when my dad took me to a game vs. Wings where the Devs won 6-3, but really got into them the following year when they lost to the Rangers. Then ever since then, I have been extremely hooked on them. Every year I seem to get even more intense about them, and when I don't think I can get more intense, I somehow do. I love the team.

Started to play hockey around the same time my dad took me to that game. I started out as a defensemen, then I went to RW, then went to center, then finally found my home...between the pipes. I used to play at Ocean Ice Palace in Brick Twp., home of the powerhouse Brick Dragons of New Jersey High School hockey, and I played at American Hockey in Wall Twp. Played the house leagues there for numerous years, made the tournament teams for the house leagues virtually every year and we played in such places as Lake Placid, NY (I played in both the 1932 and 1980 Olympic rinks), West Chester, PA, and Montclair, NJ. Out of all the tournaments we played, we only won 1, and that was in Montclair.

I have been playing golf around the same exact time as I started hockey. I love to play. It can be such a relaxing game when you are out on the course for acouple hours, just baking in the sun, and being peaceful. But then again, it can be the most frustrating sport imaginable. I was on my high school varsity golf team all 4 years. I have progressed every year, except last year when my handicap remained the same. I hope to change that this summer. I've played in great places like Pebble Beach (playing it again in June), PGA National, TPC La Quinta in Palm Springs, TPC Jasna Polana in Princeton, etc.

I listen to all types of music. But my favorites are OASIS, Coldplay, REM, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Barenaked Ladies, Incubus, Dave Matthews Band, Collective Soul, Maroon 5, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen, The Verve, U2, etc.

OoooOOOOo......those some pretty courses. My list is Canadian flavor. Highlands Links (ranked #1 in canada 2001), Crowbush Links (ranked #2 in 2001), Hunt Club (Prime Ministers home course in Ottawa), Glen Arbour (just a nice course), Bell Bay (Wayne Gretzky and Friends thing was there) and hrrrrrmm. Thats about it for great courses.

I hate golf, but I'll weigh in my two cents... "Gretzky and Friends" was also at Glen Arbour a couple years back. That's my neck of the woods... and the locals were all excited at the time to have Gretzky coming to such a small village.

With such a great, great golf course rich folks have been moving out that way in droves. We figured it would drive up property values. Unfortunately it looks like they are putting in a horse stables for the rich folk beside my mothers place. I can only imagine what the manure smell is going to do for the property value. :rolleyes:

male

married

4 kids...

Born &Breed in Howell, and I have owned 2 seperate homes there....becaome a devil fan the day the announcement was made that They were moving here from Col.

While Hockey is my favorite spectator sport... those of you who know me know I'm a soccer fanatic...coach 3 teams, which keeps me from doing basically anyting else!!!

Banker - hate my job, although I do get to golf at some real nice CC throughout NJ, but I'm waiting to win the lottery so I can retire.....

Male

Married

6 kids (modern combined family)

Grew up in West Orange, NJ

Live in Millburn, NJ

Work in Florham Park

Own and Run a Photo Supply Business... Unique Photo

(Hey Don Whiting, we're big in Linear and Non-Linear Video.. call me next time you need)

I use all of my very limited free time to race around in my M3 and I live for the Devils... to the detriment of my marraige, my business and my kids.

Season Ticket holder and I go to about 35 home games, watch every non Metro game and do NOT miss playoff games. I use to be a big baseball and football fan until I discovered hoceky in the mid 90's... now it is the only thing I can watch

I posted the particulars earlier but now everyone is listing their likes and such so...

female

married

2 sons

a dog, 2 cats, 90 gallon fishtank (yes, there are fish in it, though I'm minus one lobster. :P Don't worry, I'll replace him for next season. And he'll have 2 claws dammit!), two turtles, and a partridge in a pear tree. :rolleyes:

Domestic engineer. Maid. Shuttle service. Chef. Laundress. Gardener. Masseuse. Lady of ill-repute. Soon-to-be den mother (shoot me now). Devils fanatic. Co-keeper of Marty Brodeur.

(I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed. :dance: )

Likes - Hockey, horses, fishing, hockey, golf, shooting pool, hockey.( Oooh, I forgot rollercoasters)

Dislikes - Snakes, negative people, snakes, opinionated people, snakes, two-faced people, snakes in the grass. :D

Edited by poohbear

hey why not update mine too I guess... jump on the wagon.. and who's gonna look at

page 1 NOW anyway :blink:

Male

Single (can ya tell :P )

no kids, fewer pets (allergies, Scott likes breathing)

only member of small but aspiring Computer-IT company in North and Central

Jersey (always looking for new customers !!)

Likes: Hockey, Football, Wrestling, WWE Raw Deal (Collectible Card Game based

on WWE Wrestlers and moves), Movies, South Park, and playing hockey (I think I

got it all :P )

Dislikes: Other team's fans (mostly :P ), Dishonest people,.ATTENTION WHORES

*ahem*, People who over concern themselves with the image they put out and not the

people who see beyond the outside... people who don't like my recaps :P

hell why not...i must procratinate!!

16 years old, 17 on july 31st

long term boyfriend. (today is 6 months :) :) )

i have 2 brothers, alex and taylor, both 5 and 2 sisters, carrisa 10 and andrea 15

i live with andrea, alex, my mom and my step dad

i just recently got a job and a car. i babysit full time. $3 an hour.

i love salads, vanilla coke, my boyfriend, lip gloss, HOCKEY , my boyfriend, gina, being nice to people, and putting others first

i don't like liars, cheaters, fakes, people who contradict them selves, users, people who be mean to my friends, getting a mosquito bite, crying, seeing people cry, brussle sprouts, and brocolli

im a relativley simple girl. i like plain simple things. im not into the whole "o lets wear an ass load of makeup" thing. i just enjoying the whole G2 age, and enjoying every moment of being a teenager..

Dislikes - Snakes, negative people, snakes, opinionated people, snakes, two-faced people, snakes.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE...

I'm listenin to the sports radio show on the way to work this mornin' and they go to commercial break.

"Do something different for Mothers Day. Do something out of the ordinary. Take Mom to Ray's Reptile Zoo. We have lizards, froogs, turtles and snakes. And a large variety of insects! Breakfast in bed is boring... every mother gets that. Give Mom something special... like a trip to Ray's Amazing Reptile Zoo. She'll love it."

:blink:

Here is the place: http://www.ottawaentertainment.ca/entertainment/rays.asp

Pooh: You DON'T want to click that link. :lol:

Edited by Don Whiting

hell why not...i must procratinate!!

Yes, procrastinating is awesome! I'm supposed to be doing a story for English class, but I never feel like doing school work, so...

My full name is Regina (Ruh-jeen-uh, not like the city in Saskatchewan... ew), but don't call me that if you expect me to answer... just Gina

14 years old, 15 on September 11th

Freshman at a Catholic school in Union County

Live in a really small town in Middlesex County... born in Baltimore, lived in Whitby, Ontario before here, which is where I got dual citizenship

I have two brothers- Brent (16) and Derek (18)... they're named after Sutter and Sanderson

No boyfriend and no job... I might get one this summer at some pet shelter with my best friend. I don't like animals (except when I can chase ducks lmao), but I like actually having money and spending more time with my best friend.

Likes- Hockey of course- watching it, collecting cards (140something of Nieds, yay!), playing street hockey (I'm trying to learn to skate now, but my feet HATE me), all different kinds of music, my Jess, acting silly with my best friend, movies, my Nieds site, this board, NIEDS! :D

Dislikes- School, being told what to do, when the HTML on my web site gets all weird on me, waking up early, cleaning my room, bugs (they seem to love my room :rolleyes: ), generalizations, people that always judge, my feet that refuse to cooperate, HOMEWORK! :angry:

Edited by IAmCanadian27

I don't think I did one of these in the first place, so here goes...

Laura

Female

21 years old

Single

Bred, born, and live in Stephentown, NY (the only Stephentown on earth!)

Had a computer/internet access before a touch-tone phone

Graduating from SUNY Albany in...10 days!! :clap:

Soon to be unemployed :(

Live with mum, dad, and sometimes big brother

Have a tankful of fish, two finches, and a runaway dog who visits on occasion

Likes-River Rat hockey, Devils hockey, hockey, hockey players, hockey pucks, hockey sticks...oh yeah, and Angel and Buffy TV shows, South Park, sleep, mini golf, crochet, reading fantasy and sci-fi, taking pictures at hockey games, auto racing, and much more

Dislikes-People who don't tell me what's going on when I need to know what's going on, basketball, and drunks (I don't dislike a lot!)

I guess I'll go again, too...

Male

high school junior

I live with my mom, sister, and yorkshire terrier in Woodbridge Township

Still wondering what college to go to, and what career I want. I'm thinking of accounting, which I am currently taking a college prep class in. I want a job in the business world, not completely sure what, though. Maybe I'll decide when I finish my accounting class...

I like hockey and the Devils (DUH), the Yankees, and Jets as far as sports teams are concerned. I love playing hockey and am always trying to get a game going with my friends and whoever. I also like winning stuff and proving people wrong while still being nice and friendly about it :huh: (not sure how that works, but whatever), summer vacation, Saturdays, Metallica, tacos, roller coasters, teaching kids how to play hockey, Whose Line is it Anyway, Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, and some other good stuff I probably forgot.

I dislike when stuff doesn't work right, arrogant/selfish/annoying people, basketball, espn, comcast, rap, the Flyers, Rangers, Avalanche, Mets, Red Sox, Giants, homework, staying up after 4:00 AM working on a history report that I've been working on for two days and takes another full day because the computer keeps screwing things up :argh::soap: , getting a 98 instead of a 100 on a research paper just because my outline was too long :angry: , waking up and having to go to school right away, going to marching band practice, and things I forgot.

I think that's about it.... :P

No boyfriend and no job... I might get one this summer at some pet shelter with my best friend. I don't like animals (except when I can chase ducks lmao), but I like actually having money and spending more time with my best friend.

Really? I never thought to look for a boyfriend at the shelter.. but since lots of men are dogs i guess thats the place to go! :)

ba ba ba why not after all !

ok

male

single

ahem... french (with the famous option "broken english inside")

I'm mmhmm.. a Computer Teacher (pooh correct ?)

(ooh yes... Pooh is my english teacher)

(and my teacher of many other stuff)

(tutututut)

Anyway...

Have few passion but precious one : music, soccer & hockey

and food...

... and flirt...

and chocolate...

and flirt with chocolate...

and... rhaaa anyway !

I work for a "famous" french music webzine called E-zic... i'm a metal head !

(Machine Head, Sepultura, Rammstein, Paradise Lost, Maiden, Suicidal Tendencies, Madball, Infectious Grooves, Slayer, Moonspell, Metallica, Prodigy, Devin Townsend (GOD !), Clawfinger, Fear Factory, Bad Religion, Oomph!, Fant

I'm listenin to the sports radio show on the way to work this mornin' and they go to commercial break.

"Do something different for Mothers Day. Do something out of the ordinary. Take Mom to Ray's Reptile Zoo. We have lizards, froogs, turtles and snakes. And a large variety of insects! Breakfast in bed is boring... every mother gets that. Give Mom something special... like a trip to Ray's Amazing Reptile Zoo. She'll love it."

:blink:

Here is the place: http://www.ottawaentertainment.ca/entertainment/rays.asp

Pooh: You DON'T want to click that link. :lol:

Thanks for the warning, Don! :P

What a Mother's Day gift!!! A reptile zoo?!?! I'd whack him!!! And this time I mean "whack"! :evil:

Would that be a boyfriend or a job?!? ;) j/k

Sorry, Langs, I didn't see your post before I posted this. I Stubbsed. Well, great minds and all.... :P

Edited by poohbear