GDT New Jersey Devils at Sabres

ZeroGravityFat

I enjoyed the game and the result. But if Brodeur wasn't at the top of his game in the 2nd period... this game looks a lot different.

Overall, I liked our performance... but we can't rely on Brodeur to bail us out like that...

That Parise goal where Henrique pivoted in front of the net and dished to Parise was a thing of beauty. I was 100% set on keeping Parise/Zajac together... but if that keeps up :D :D :D

i think when all are healthy, you WILL see Henrique with parise and zajac and kovy w/ josefson. but because zajac comes back first, i think henrique will play 3rd line with some amalgam of clarkson/palmieri/tedenby/carter

The Devils made two of the top three Plays of the Day on ESPN. I saw it this morning on TV but couldn't find it online.

and a couple highlight reels on NHL.com for once (Marty & Parise's goal). any other time its an injury they want to broadcast to the entire league or us getting scored ON.

just comes back to the Rodney Dangerfield situation with our team: We get no respect cause we're not an original 6 or have a team full of household names (or play in a 'big market')

gallery_2980_108_56105.jpg

Edited by Legion15
  • Like 1

and a couple highlight reels on NHL.com for once (Marty & Parise's goal). any other time its an injury they want to broadcast to the entire league or us getting scored ON.

just comes back to the Rodney Dangerfield situation with our team: We get no respect cause we're not an original 6 or have a team full of household names (or play in a 'big market')

gallery_2980_108_56105.jpg

More like Henrique's assist in beating/drawing three Sabres and getting the puck to Parise still. haha, but great finish by Zach

• Like 1

RE: the Myer hit ---

I think that NHL.com should post why some players don't get suspensions on the Player Safety sections as well.

The press is abuzz about Tyler Myers hit and NHL is dead silent and it looks bad. They ought to say why it was NOT a suspension. I have no problem with it not being one. I just think the NHL should explain why some things aren't suspensions. If suspensions aren't considered self evident, why are non-calls? If they want people to LEARN what's being called they need to learn why some things aren't called. It's only a half story otherwise -- it looks like they're being arbitrary if you don't see BOTH the good and the bad.

I just love when he rolls his body and is looking at the puck upside down and still can rob a player with an incredible save. I was telling my friend who isnt that big of a hockey fan but is a Devils fan that after all these years of watching Devils hockey, I am still honestly amazed that Marty can play to that level, really any player can. Marty always looks like he is in a "ah sh!t I better just fling my body around and hope to god the puck hits me somewhere" mode but in reality knows his surroundings at all times. The glove was insane last night.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls?pCat=114&sCat=2115 Vote!

Well were beating a pretty awful buffalo team with its backup goalie. This is what you're supposed to do to teams like this. I'll take the win but not jumping for joy...although the game doesn't seem to be over just yet. Bad.give away.

19 points in 17 games, 2.5 points lost due to injuries (give or take). That puts this team at a 103 point pace when healthy.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

good call, this eases the pain just a little bit

IDK, just to me it seems a bunch of players are totally aware of the controversy going on now about hits like that by the boards, so if they're getting the puck out and they're say 3 ft from the boards, and they KNOW they're gonna get hit, they just sacrifice themselves rather than dodge it, go limp and allow themselves to be thrown in, hoping it doesn't seriously injure them, knowing it can lead to a big man advantage to their team, a player getting tossed, or a Shannaban. Maybe not entirely, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few have this mindset. The hits are just too frequent lately to be all coincidence or hotheads taking their anger out.