The Devils Minority partners are looking to sell their share.

ghdi

Could people who have massive sticks up their asses please stop posting? You know just as well as anyone else that no one is seriously suggesting the Devils are moving, it's just our cynicism over how the Devils are treated specifically and the perception of how the league favors southern markets over northern markets coming out to play.

It's called idle speculation. It's what keeps message boards from drying up and blowing away. Love it or leave it.

there are some people who know this, there are others who clearly do not. i think i am able to tell the difference, i'm not sure you are.

LMAO! What do you know another bad rumor....Vanderbeek is not selling his team.

Devils will issue statement saying Jeff Vanderbeek isn't selling team

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/02/devils_will_issue_statement_sa.html

The Devils will issue a statement shortly asserting that owner Jeff Vanderbeek does not plan to sell the team.

According to the statement, a report from Bloomberg today was erroneous.

Edited by SatansDevils

You can't?

I actually am surprised, if only cause Vanderbeek is an actual fan of the team - that much isn't lip service. Plus with all the spending this summer I didn't think there was any issue with the finances of the team. If one bad season's gonna make VBK wave the white flag, who's gonna even want to buy the team?

Just great, two of my teams up for sale inside of a week...what were the odds?

Yeah and the Mets denied they were in trouble for two years even when the whole world knew it. Of course he's not going to admit they're for sale, doesn't mean we aren't heading in that direction. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Devils will issue statement saying Jeff Vanderbeek isn't selling team

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2011/02/devils_will_issue_statement_sa.html

Whew! Thanks goodness because if it were public knowledge that the team was for sale all his negotiating leverage would be lost.....wait a minute.

This isn't the first rumor of Vanderbeek selling the team. He may very well need to get his ducks in a row before going public because if he has major financial problems and that is known, it devalues the team on the open market. He may even have a potential buyer lined up and doesn't want to screw that up. I dont know the rules of a team sale, so that may even be completely wrong.

While I'm temporarily relieved that this rumor may be squashed, I agree where there's smoke there's fire.

I actually am surprised, if only cause Vanderbeek is an actual fan of the team - that much isn't lip service. Plus with all the spending this summer I didn't think there was any issue with the finances of the team. If one bad season's gonna make VBK wave the white flag, who's gonna even want to buy the team?

Just great, two of my teams up for sale inside of a week...what were the odds?

Yeah and the Mets denied they were in trouble for two years even when the whole world knew it. Of course he's not going to admit they're for sale, doesn't mean we aren't heading in that direction. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Who said VBK was spending VBK's money? He's just the public face of the team. I don't think the team is for sale and has been for sale. I think VBK needs to dump at least a decent portion of his share.

remember the rumored owner pow-wow with Bettman last summer?

Edited by maxpower