GDT: 10/5/09 Rangers @ Devils 7pm

njdevil26

through 5 periods this season, marty has given up 8 goals. 6 were terrible. i mean they were goals we used to make fun of flyers goalies for not being able to make.

i think team USA's best shot this year will be if marty is the goaltender for team canada. he looks completely lost out there.

the devils will have to win in spite of him until he gets this worked out.

Honestly, he hasn't been looking good since that injury, or maybe even before then. He's been letting up ALOT of soft goals. Its hard to win games like this when your goalie can't handle a low percentage shot. But I will say that the team screwed up defensively on the play that lead to Gilroy's weak goal.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick and tired of watching our goalie hanging us by a noose everytime he let's in a goal that's stoppable, that third one was indeed stoppable, inexcusable, you're not going to win games if you let in stoppable shots. Better score on the PP in the third.

through 5 periods this season, marty has given up 8 goals. 6 were terrible. i mean they were goals we used to make fun of flyers goalies for not being able to make.

i think team USA's best shot this year will be if marty is the goaltender for team canada. he looks completely lost out there.

the devils will have to win in spite of him until he gets this worked out.

He's having a difficult time but the 3rd goal is the only one you can really pin on him tonight. I'd like to know what all the haters are watching though right now. Is someone going to honestly say that he is the only reason the Devils are losing this game tonight? That second period was abysmal. The Rangers had all kinds of time and space and the Devils defensive coverage is pretty much non existent. So much running around. Its tough to watch.

News flash for those who do not have absolutely no idea about goaltending but are great at speaking from the rear. Its so obvious that Brodeur is not confident at the moment. Would you be with a new system, new players, etc? Every mistake he makes is magnified to the 1000th degree. Without Elias your asking a whole lot from this group of forwards to score consistently. The margin of error is so small. You didn't notice this much in the preseason because the teams were maybe playing 60 - 70% of their roster. Now the full teams are out there, speed and skill level has increased and this is the result. The Devils are making mistakes all over the ice, not just in goal.

The officiating has not helped either.

why is pikka on the pp? whats so special about him that we dont know?

Because Lemaire doesn't know what the fvck to do with this team right now. Somewhere, Sutter feels his pain.

Not a bad idea, though. If he can agitate and screen in front of the goaltender then it's worth a shot.

No sense getting pissed off or jumping on Brodeur. It'll fall on deaf ears to those who can't see what's happeening. This Brodeur is not the Brodeur that fans are still in love with for his past accomplishments and his meaning to the organization. The Brodeur you all want isn't walking through the door again.

They are going to be pretty much what most of us who aren't blind thought they'd be. A 7th/8th place team that might give the top 2 a first round scare.

Anyway, if Lemaire wants to play "uptempo", it will not be with this roster as constructed. If this team has any hope of making the playoffs or not being out of it by Jan., they better break out tapes of the mid 90's because they can't play with speed/up tempo teams like the Rangers. Imagine Washington and Pittsburgh now and they are both better teams then the NYR.

Edited by SJP20