Burger Bar in VIP Garage

The Rock 07

Went by the VIP Garage before the game on Sat and they're making progress on the space next to Brick City Coffee Company. They have a big brick arch in there and then a bar counter. It's going to be a burger and beer joint as per Vanderbeek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ate here tonight, loved it. Had an Uber Burger with American, fries, and a black and white shake. Was pretty full at 5:45 then emptied out by 6:15. Haven't had official opening yet, will be after liquor license which hopefully comes next week. Will have Bud, Coors, and specialty beers at $5 for 16oz.

The real target market IMO will be families at the practice rink when there are youth games. Has burgers, shakes, fries, grilled cheese, kids menu, plus items at Brick City Coffee which shares the same space. They just opened 8 days ago so they're still working out the kinks but I give it an A. I highly recommend you check it out.

Ate here tonight, loved it. Had an Uber Burger with American, fries, and a black and white shake. Was pretty full at 5:45 then emptied out by 6:15. Haven't had official opening yet, will be after liquor license which hopefully comes next week. Will have Bud, Coors, and specialty beers at $5 for 16oz.

The real target market IMO will be families at the practice rink when there are youth games. Has burgers, shakes, fries, grilled cheese, kids menu, plus items at Brick City Coffee which shares the same space. They just opened 8 days ago so they're still working out the kinks but I give it an A. I highly recommend you check it out.

I was there at the same time last night and agree. They've got a great menu and atmosphere. My burger was absolutely murdered but with a little less time on the fire I could tell it would be a juicy masterpiece. It should be since their ad says "home of the juicy burger." The fries were great and my wife loved the onion rings. My shake didn't come out until I was finished with my burger but the place is brand new and stuff like that is to be expected. The chef came out and talked with us for a while. Real nice guy, everything there is his creation. Prices are very reasonable compared to the arena. The only thing I thought was overpriced was the shake. This will be my regular pre-game stop.

Yes, the burger was pretty well done. I personally like it that way but most people don't. Maybe they should ask how you want it done. But the black and white shake was incredible, a true work of art. Looked like something out of a 50's drug store.

Has burgers, shakes, fries, grilled cheese, kids menu, plus items at Brick City Coffee which shares the same space.

So is this actually in the same spot as Brick City Coffee, or is it one of those deals where they're next door to each other and practically are one and the same?

The early reviews sound promising. I personally have been nuts about Port 44 the two times I've made it to Newark this year, but their menu is still in its infancy. A solid burger before a game sounds mighty fine to me.

Went to Uber Burger too at about 3:30-4PM on Saturday too. The burger was great and my gf had the salad which was surprisingly huge. We both loved it and will come back later.

Had a chance to stop by Port 44 finally a few weeks ago with my best friend and gf. I did not mention anyone saying this place is friggin tiny. It was just a bar (not all the big either) with a few tables around the bar. They said they had an upstairs dining area, but that was devoid of any customers and none of the waitresses knew if it was really open or not. Had the Devils Red and it was quite solid, so I will be coming back for the beer. However, the menu is still pretty sparce and it still looks like the place is only 1/2 open (prob opened early to get on the pre and post game crowd from the rock). I will go here for the beer only and wait on the food until the place fully opens and then give it another shot. Oh and I had the burger there and it was OK, nothing great.

So is this actually in the same spot as Brick City Coffee, or is it one of those deals where they're next door to each other and practically are one and the same?

The early reviews sound promising. I personally have been nuts about Port 44 the two times I've made it to Newark this year, but their menu is still in its infancy. A solid burger before a game sounds mighty fine to me.

Uber Burger literally is in the same space as Brick City. You can walk from one to the other without having to go outside. There is no wall and they both use the same seating area.

Went yesterday and WOW was that good.. Might even go again tonight before the Nets game.. Burger was juicy and delicious, toppings were fresh, service and speed were great, and prices were good compared to what it would cost in the arena..

My gf got a chicken sandwich, and it was cooked perfectly with this fantastic sauce too..

They also have a huge projection TV showing the pre-game, game, and post-game so that's very cool.. I will definitely be back many many times