2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

The Jets are unwatchably bad

I was just about to use that word...this whole game is unwatchable period.  It's one thing when you see two good defenses shutting down each other (think Carolina-SF a couple weeks back) but when it's just two flat bad offenses that can't score that's different.

I was just about to use that word...this whole game is unwatchable period.  It's one thing when you see two good defenses shutting down each other (think Carolina-SF a couple weeks back) but when it's just two flat bad offenses that can't score that's different.

they're lucky it's 9-3, but to be honest they appear to have no hope. The levy is going to break and soon, be it with a Geno pick 6 or geno fumble or some long bomb.

The Jets look like a high school offense. Just no prayer at all. They can't block or run. Receivers can't get open. They haven't picked up a blitz in decades. Geno is atrocious and if somebody by the grave of god gets open he's either missed or the pass gets dropped

I'm shocked there are ever any holes for the running game, why would you respect the Jets passing game at all if you're the Ravens?

Cribbs is more accurate than our QB's :P

I wouldn't. I have no clue how they keep getting positive yardage (albeit small positive yardage)

they don't open up the huge holes but the Jets run blocking is a lot better than there pass blocking

Edited by '7'

I understand why the Jets took a shot at Reed (hell, the Pats apparently were interested too), but he's clearly not what he was.  Also get the impression he has the potential to be a major PITA if the Jets ever start to struggle...he'll blame everyone else.

Have we even scored an offensive TD against the Ravens since Rex has become the head coach?  I know we had the 10-9 season opener loss a few years back.  And a 34-17 loss where I believe we had a couple of returns for TD's (defense/special teams), but the offense gave those back too with a couple of their own TD's allowed.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think we need to make sure the Geno situation does not turn into Sanchez part 2. He was not highly touted out of college for a reason.

The experiment is over. He is not an NFL qb. He will never be. Matt Simms should be the starter for the rest of the season simply because he deserves a look and can't possibly be worse than this.

Parcells would have switched QB's by now, he did the same thing with Foley/O'Donnell when the team was around .500 at the halfway point, then the same thing earlier the next year with Vinny/Foley.  Even Herm pulled the plug on Vinny and went with the 'unknown' Chad in 2002 and that won them a division.  When you're literally doing nothing and have been doing nothing for weeks, what's the point of staying status quo?

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol three of the five worst QB ratings this season are from Geno (the others were Kapernick and Gabbert, once each).  Is that not an indictment or what?

And 50% completion percentage, 1 TD and 10 INT's in his last 5 games...I don't think even Sanchez had a streak that bad :blink:

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol three of the five worst QB ratings this season are from Geno (the others were Kapernick and Gabbert, once each).  Is that not an indictment or what?

And 50% completion percentage, 1 TD and 10 INT's in his last 5 games...I don't think even Sanchez had a streak that bad :blink:

I don't think so either...though he did have that 5 pick game against Buffalo so maybe he had a similar streak, but never THAT BAD

The experiment is over. He is not an NFL qb. He will never be. Matt Simms should be the starter for the rest of the season simply because he deserves a look and can't possibly be worse than this.

..depending on how much stock you put in Florio, Matt Simms will indeed start next week against the Dolphins. Geno Smith simply can't play in windy\cold weather.. and with three of the next four games in MetLife, the move needed to be made.

The Jets have Miami & Oakland on tap over the next two weeks. Let's see how the next two games go before determining where this team is heading. I think everyone would've signed up for 5-6 at the start of the year. If Simms can galvanize some wins together, then who the hell knows.

..depending on how much stock you put in Florio, Matt Simms will indeed start next week against the Dolphins. Geno Smith simply can't play in windycold weather.. and with three of the next four games in MetLife, the move needed to be made.

The Jets have Miami & Oakland on tap over the next two weeks. Let's see how the next two games go before determining where this team is heading. I think everyone would've signed up for 5-6 at the start of the year. If Simms can galvanize some wins together, then who the hell knows.

Awesome. Just when I thought maybe the Phins would have some kind of break playing against a QB with no confidence, it looks like we'll be facing a competent QB. Those QBs eat the Phins alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome. Just when I thought maybe the Phins would have some kind of break playing against a QB with no confidence, it looks like we'll be facing a competent QB. Those QBs eat the Phins alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Matt Simms is still an unknown though. We have blind faith because well...that's all we have. The only thing we know about him is he has a cannon arm. Maybe a better QB pedigree growing up in a household where he was doing this since birth. Still didn't help someone like Todd Marinovich

The Jets still have no answers for Hartline/Wallace and no way to block the Dolphins D-Line. This game will be ugly, probably of the 19-9 variety or something

..depending on how much stock you put in Florio, Matt Simms will indeed start next week against the Dolphins. Geno Smith simply can't play in windy\cold weather.. and with three of the next four games in MetLife, the move needed to be made.

yea. I'm just thinking there is no possible way they play any worse than today. Plus they'll be at home where they do tend to play much better. I hope Simms ball can cut through the wind a bit better. if Kerley can come back and give us an underneath option...that would really help.