It is a retool not a rebuild

Beetlebum

You can place the goal posts wherever you want, but they're not a perennially bad team, like the Isles were, or what you would expect Calgary to be for the foreseeable future. And at the start of every season, you can generally pencil them in as a potential competitor. They're an on again off again kind of team, with worst to first and vice versa potential. If you want to compare it to the Flyers, it's probably all the same. That's what I expect the Devils to be for the next five years. It's just a feeling and it's just for fun. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They've drafted in the top 10 4 of the last 6 years, and the other time they drafted like 13th.  They stink.

Does anyone know the details of what it would take to get Radulov here? Is he still under some kind of contract with Nashville? The guy is often seen as the best KHL player, and would bring a ton of offense. I just worry about whether his game would translate well in North America. He was a bit disappointing last year for Nashville in the playoffs.

Does anyone know the details of what it would take to get Radulov here? Is he still under some kind of contract with Nashville? The guy is often seen as the best KHL player, and would bring a ton of offense. I just worry about whether his game would translate well in North America. He was a bit disappointing last year for Nashville in the playoffs.

He's under contract in the KHL for 3 more years at something like 9 million...pretty sure he's a UFA in the NHL, but highly unlikely that he'll come over again.

He's under contract in the KHL for 3 more years at something like 9 million...pretty sure he's a UFA in the NHL, but highly unlikely that he'll come over again.

Nah, Nashville still owns his rights for at least one more year.  But yeah, I thought about this when I saw him and Loktionov and Kovalchuk on the same line - ain't happening with that contract.  I think he's staying in the KHL for good.

here's a french article saying that Halak had an intense verbal argument with Hitchcock before game 4 and that things are bad in the lockerroom and that Halak wants out. I think he would be a good stopgap

http://www.hockey30.com/nouvelles/halak-sengueule-avec-son-coach-rien-ne-va-plus-dans-le-vestiaire-des-blues/

here's a french article saying that Halak had an intense verbal argument with Hitchcock before game 4 and that things are bad in the lockerroom and that Halak wants out. I think he would be a good stopgap

http://www.hockey30.com/nouvelles/halak-sengueule-avec-son-coach-rien-ne-va-plus-dans-le-vestiaire-des-blues/

He absolutely would... Interesting article, wonder how much is truth...

If Andy Strikland release something about it then it would be pretty legit i think. We'll see

If I had to guess, it might be some idle rumor chatter to get Habs fans talking about something else than their heartbreak and Carey Price's mystery injury.