Tootoo Plows Miller and Receives 2 Game Suspension

Quinn01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opLI9W8_kHA

From the NHL:

Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo has been suspended, without pay, for two games for charging Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller during NHL Game #379 Saturday night, Dec. 3, in Nashville, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and based on his average annual salary, Tootoo will forfeit $13,513.52. The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

The incident occurred at 15:54 of the second period. Tootoo was assessed a major penalty for charging and game misconduct on the play.

Tootoo will miss games tonight vs. Phoenix and Dec. 8 at Columbus. He will be eligible to return Dec. 10 vs. Anaheim.

Again, I dont know if this is a suspendable offense but shouldnt have been allowed. Maybe a game misconduct. Miller is just getting rocked though this season.

Edited by Quinn01

i just wish to know how tootoo could have avoided Miller with the defender rushing behind him and at the speed he was going...

He knew where he was and where he was going.. He had enough time to veer to the right (I've seen players make harder turns before).. When it comes to the goalie you can't excuse that

He knew where he was and where he was going.. He had enough time to veer to the right (I've seen players make harder turns before).. When it comes to the goalie you can't excuse that

well to me he wanted to cut in front of the net with speed but the defender push him on the outside so at that speed it was impossible not to hit the goalie... its easy to say when you watch the video but put yourself in his shoes and in the same situation

He could've skate to the left and behind the net or even completely put the brakes, but that is not the problem. The problem is that he actually jumped and this was more dangerous than him directly hitting Miller at the speed he was going.

Maybe he was trying to avoid him by jumping but its completely stupid.

Edited by SS-SS

this situation is suuuuuch a joke. i don't know whats harder to watch Miller getting way to sad again or those announcers being completely and 100% biased. First of all, you can tell that that Defenseman nudged him toward Miller last minute. Second of all, he kinda looked like he was avoiding him and that hit wasn't that hard. And ALSO, look at how those Sabres all just jumped that one guy. Those players, especially Ryan Miller, needs to stop being a bunch of pusssssssies. They really looked like children when they hopped on Tootoo and started to punch him.

With some of the other hits around the league that have not resulted in suspensions, this one is just ridiculous.

Tootoo deserves a suspension for that. That said, between the goal review calls coming out of Toronto and Shanahan's suspension dealings, this league is being tarnished for the fans as we slip more and more into a game in which there are no set rules and nobody has any idea what's going on or what is legal and not. I think it's time for the NHL to start thinking simple and stop with the nuance analysis. Instead every little detail is taken into account including the bias of the guys in the situation room and the kind of mood Shanahan is in. The people in the suits are really ruining the sport for us. Keep the game inside the boards and let the men in black and white handle the calls. For heaven's sake I really don't even know what a legal goal is anymore. Pond hockey wisdom is much needed for these a$$holes corrupting our game.

this situation is suuuuuch a joke. i don't know whats harder to watch Miller getting way to sad again or those announcers being completely and 100% biased. First of all, you can tell that that Defenseman nudged him toward Miller last minute. Second of all, he kinda looked like he was avoiding him and that hit wasn't that hard. And ALSO, look at how those Sabres all just jumped that one guy. Those players, especially Ryan Miller, needs to stop being a bunch of pusssssssies. They really looked like children when they hopped on Tootoo and started to punch him.

With some of the other hits around the league that have not resulted in suspensions, this one is just ridiculous.

It would have been worse if he lowered his shoulder and plowed into him. It looked bad at first but if you watch the reply from all angles you can argue he did try to minimize the contact.

The whole variations in suspensions with similar hits, involving the same goaltender, need to stop. It needs to be set in stone that if you are a dick then you will get x number of games. Lucic got away with murder on this one. Of either hit, his was the one that should have been handed a suspension and not Tootoo.