Marty not going to be in Toronto

LucifersDog

So we've lost 4 in a row, with a point in only one of those games, but some of you want to see Kinkaid? I swear, I feel like I'm legitimately in a nut house here sometimes lol.

if we are goign to lose, we might as well have something to watch.

Hedberg is 2-4-2. He's not exactly generating confidence.

Worse, he's 0-4-1 in his last five games since Marty got hurt with nineteen goals allowed and an .853 save percentage.

If Marty is going to play Tuesday then there's no real point in dissing Moose by benching him Monday but if Marty's not coming back for another few days, maybe it's time to give the other old guy a rest before it 'becomes' a desperation situation where you gotta run the old guy(s) into the ground.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Worse, he's 0-4-1 in his last five games since Marty got hurt with nineteen goals allowed and an .853 save percentage.

If Marty is going to play Tuesday then there's no real point in dissing Moose by benching him Monday but if Marty's not coming back for another few days, maybe it's time to give the other old guy a rest before it 'becomes' a desperation situation where you gotta run the old guy(s) into the ground.

Agreed. If the plan is that Marty comes off IR after Monday, then play Moose, but what's the harm in giving Kinkaid 1 game if Hedberg isn't playing well. If he posts a .900sv%, that's better than it's been, so who cares. The fact that the boys will know there's no guarantee of having one of our regulars in net might spur them to score like crazy and put up, who knows, 3, maybe 4 goals.

So we've lost 4 in a row, with a point in only one of those games, but some of you want to see Kinkaid? I swear, I feel like I'm legitimately in a nut house here sometimes lol.

Only sometimes??? The level of spoiled entitled over-the-top stupidity in here is staggering more often then not....there's a reason I mostly stick to the football threads now :P

All lunacy aside Moose is showing his age this year......

even though the hockey world is crazy and for all we know Kinkaid could start and be incredible and make a name of himself around the league and turn some heads, who knows? 

but really... its likely not gonna happen lol when in a slump, it would be a terrible idea to throw a goalie with zero NHL experience and expect him to get us out of there, cmon people

Hedberg is 2-4-2. He's not exactly generating confidence.

Oh trust me- I'm with you there. Marty can't get back soon enough. I love Moose, but he's shown why he's a backup. But I'm not taking a chance with a kid who's never played a second in the NHL when we need to win a game desperately. Moose hasn't been great by any stretch, but he's still a better, and certainly safer, option than Kinkaid at this point.

I'd like to see kinkaid as well, but not because of how Moose is playing. I'd just like the Devils to give the kid a look and let him get that first NHL game out of the way. The adrenaline alone could carry him through for all we know. I'd prefer it be in Newark Tuesday, though. Maybe the home crowd would be good for the whole team to rally around the kid.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

Kinkaid is appealing to some like Butler did.  Just because it's a new face doesn't mean it's a better option people.

It's hard to be worse than Moose has been the last few games.

Difference between Kinkaid and Butler is they needed to try Butler out.  They don't need to try Kinkaid out - yet.

It's hard to be worse than Moose has been the last few games.

Absolutely disagree. Put Kinkaid, a kid with absolutely 0 NHL experience and not much to his resume, and you'll quite possibly see a goalie perform much worse than Moose has lately.

Absolutely disagree. Put Kinkaid, a kid with absolutely 0 NHL experience and not much to his resume, and you'll quite possibly see a goalie perform much worse than Moose has lately.

While I agree that it could absolutely be worse than Hedberg's recent run, I am of the school of thought that Kinkaid has to play eventually if they ever want to see if he's an NHL player. That being said, I'd prefer it be at home against Tampa tomorrow if Marty can't go and Moose has a tough time tonight.

While I agree that it could absolutely be worse than Hedberg's recent run, I am of the school of thought that Kinkaid has to play eventually if they ever want to see if he's an NHL player. That being said, I'd prefer it be at home against Tampa tomorrow if Marty can't go and Moose has a tough time tonight.

Exactly, eventually we're going to have to play someone other than Marty and Moose, why not squeeze Kinkaid in for 1 game against a weak opponent. If we lose and the race comes down to 2 points, we didn't deserve it anyways, so what the hell?