2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Great game by the Jets. I thought NE obviously dug themselves into a gigantic hole with the fake punt fumble, but major credit to the Jets for capitalizing on it and scoring immediately. Going into the break down 7-3 wouldn't have been the worse thing in the world. You can second guess coaches forever and it looked like it could have easily gone for a first but the snap wasn't handled.

The Jets answering the Pats first TD drive was gigantic. NE was starting to get some major mojo and the Jets immediately answered. I really think NE's offensive coordinator got way to cocky on that 4th quarter drive. It was basically like he was sure NE was going to score on that drive so it didn't matter how long it took. But down 10 and you are going to go on a 7 minute drive that ends on the 35? Come on. It seems like Bill didn't like it either because I thought just like Simms on the broadcast that Bill was screaming to throw the damn ball. They basically did the Jets dirty work with all those run plays.

Final thought because it was mentioned on the broadcast. If Greene goes down instead of scoring the game is over there. Instead he gave New England a chance. Got to be smarter than that.

Congrats to all the Jets fans here.

Edited by devilsrule33

Hah Greene should have slept on the ball at the one-yard line, that would have ended the game instead of giving the Pats another chance at an onside kick.

i was thinking the same thing. if ne got the onsides and drove it down for a td they wouldv killed green

Great game by the Jets. I thought NE obviously dug themselves into a gigantic hole with the fake punt fumble, but major credit to the Jets for capitalizing on it and scoring immediately. Going into the break down 7-3 wouldn't have been the worse thing in the world. You can second guess coaches forever and it looked like it could have easily gone for a first but the snap wasn't handled.

The Jets answering the Pats first TD drive was gigantic. NE was starting to get some major mojo and the Jets immediately answered. I really think NE's offensive coordinator got way to cocky on that 4th quarter drive. It was basically like he was sure NE was going to score on that drive so it didn't matter how long it took. But down 10 and you are going to go on a 7 minute drive that ends on the 35? Come on. It seems like Bill didn't like it either because I thought just like Simms on the broadcast that Bill was screaming to throw the damn ball. They basically did the Jets dirty work with all those run plays.

Final thought because it was mentioned on the broadcast. If Greene goes down instead of scoring the game is over there. Instead he gave New England a chance. Got to be smarter than that.

Congrats to all the Jets fans here.

the eunning game didt help brady at all. when u throw the ball 45 times for 300 u did your job

Now that's one huge upset. Even the Seahawks received more pundit-picks than we did today. That Seahawks win over the Saints last week is still bigger, but this one was damn surprising. Somehow, our defense managed to cover everything while still not allowing Brady to wait forever for something to open up. We got revenge on the Pats. Now the Steelers are looking to get revenge on us. The way this defense is starting to roll, they're making even me start to dream.

Wow. The Jets must be the luckiest team ... ever. I mean, how else could this have happened?

Any thoughts, ThreeCups?

Maybe the Jets didn't try all season as hard as they could, because to me they were hardly impressive in the regular season. They even looked so-so against Indy. Tonight they played like the team their fans were hyping them up to be all year. For a team that could have easily been watching the playoffs from home (if a couple or so of those late miracle wins go the other way) they are sure backing up Rex' big mouth.` The AFC Championship game is going to be a dogfight

Same old Jets.. playing in the AFC Championship back-2-back seasons. :uni:

AFC.jpg

..no Damien Woody, no Brad Smith, no Jim Leonhard, no problem. B )

They did it again. They proved everybody wrong, and they did it grinning ear to ear. Tonight, winning their 20th road game out of their last 28.. the Jets are going back to Pittsburgh, winner goes to the Superbowl. --I really have to wonder, as I sit here writing this.. were the Patriots ever really in this football game? Because it actually looked (at times) like Belicheat was TRYING to lose the game. Between the fake punt.. to benching Welker.. going for it on 4th & 13 on the 32 yrd line, when you could've tried for a FG.. wasting a challenge on a clear catch from Holmes.. differing the opening coin toss.. you can go on and on. If you're a Pats fan, you can't help but wonder about the lasting duo of BB & Brady in recent years. This is their 3rd straight playoff stinker. :yucky:

Since ringing in the "New Era" of the Jets (post Favre\Mangini) over the past 2 seasons?

*Bill Belichick & Tom Brady: 24 wins. --- *Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez: 24 wins.

------------------------------------------

-Off topic: hysterical post-game interview with Bart Scott.

Anyway, here we are again.. the Final Four! The Pittsburgh Steelers -vs- the Cardiac Kids\Gang Green\Road Warriors, take your pick.

I think it'll be another close one, but I really like the Jets here. I'll say 31-28 Jets. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: Jets, 1 win away from the Superbowl. Green Bay's 1 win away from the Superbowl. How do you feel right about now, if you're Brett Favre?

Edited by Beezer34

the eunning game didt help brady at all. when u throw the ball 45 times for 300 u did your job

Don't let Brady's respectable numbers fool you. The Jets did a terrific job on him, and he jacked up his numbers big-time with that last desperation drive. Sanchez may have only threw for 196 yards, but he was the better QB yesterday, even with some errant throws. And the Pats' running game wasn't that bad...they did come up with 113 yards on the ground. Yards gained aren't always a great indicator of how well a defense played...the Pats had a total of 372 yards, but the Jets' D did a much better job than that total might indicate.

even if u won the afc title game last year u woulnt have beat n.o. they were good enough to beat indy. they would have beaten u

..that means nothing! The point is consistency.

Progression, for a team that has only been at this point 3 other times (1969, 1983, 1999) in their franchise's history.... and now, to be able to go back again for a 2nd straight year? :noclue: Win or lose this Sunday, NOTHING can discredit that kind of success through 2 consecutive seasons, with a 2nd year head coach and a 2nd year quarterback combination. Look what it is you're saying for Christ's sake!! The "Jets" & "Superbowl" in the same sentence, 2 years in-a-row!? Lofty standards for a squad with 45 players on the roster, under the age of 29!

The future's blindingly bright for this organization. -End of rant!

even if u won the afc title game last year u woulnt have beat n.o. they were good enough to beat indy. they would have beaten u

What makes you say that? ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, any team can beat any team. Our first meeting vs the Steelers means absolutely NOTHING, it's a new game, and we have to be better than the other team on that given day.

Jets having same magical run through the playoffs as the Giants did. underdogs all the way through, beating everyone they're not supposed to. playing tough good defense football. Good luck today Jets fans its a good feeling to watch your team win like this isnt it? Its been a long time 40+ years, so you all deserve it. I hope they pull through! J! E! T! S! JETS JETS JETS!

I am beyond excited and nervous for the Jets game today. Totally believe they can win!

Going to Devs game then leaving early to watch Jets. Devs have to share the day today :)

Hah, I did likewise. Had to leave during the second intermission to catch the early train back but I got a good enough appetizer...now it's time for the main course! :lol:

Wow, the Devils looked like they had more heart and desire in a meaningless game than the Jets' D showed on that first series. When you have like five guys that can tackle Mendenhall five yards in the backfield, he gets away, some backup RB runs over Pouha and Big Ben runs for ten on half a leg that's a bad sign :rolleyes: