DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Let's agree on chants...regardless of what we pick, I hope everyone here is ready to be loud and not care what other people think. I'm willing to print off chant sheets to hand out. Bring signs if you want, it can't hurt. I'll have a few. WEAR RED.

We have 10 tickets for sure that I know have been bought, we need more. Spread the word. If you have tickets already, just come over to our section and help the cause!

As much as I'd love to join, I won't be around on Friday. Wish there was a little more notice, but it's better than nothing, that's for sure. Have a great time guys and gals; show the Devils we are serious about this.

SatansHockey, if you can videotape portions of this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LETS GO DEVILS!! :evil:

I'm thinking about making a banner that says "Devils Supporters Section" to put at the top of the section. Anyone have any experience in making one of these? I may head to the Michaels store tomorrow to look around.

How about a banner that says "Devils' Advocates". :evil:

I tried everything I could, but could not change plans made for that evening. So, regrettably, I cannot be there Friday night. I hope this thing goes over well though, I'd like to see this build and will gladly be a part of the next one.

Bring the noise, gang.

I find it incredibly ironic and fitting that the beginnings of this fan movement will occur against Nashville, considering how close we were to losing our team to that city in the early years of my Devils fandom.

We would totally be there if I didn't have my office function Friday night. I will be at the bar though cheering you guys on!

Oh and if this picks up, we'll totally be there!

Edited by cupcake23

How about a banner that says "Devils' Advocates". :evil:

I don't want to pick a name quite yet, thats why I'm sticking with Devils Supporters Section for now. If we pick any other name then we are kinda stuck with it. I want to see how everything goes Friday and maybe if stuff goes well and we do it for a couple of more games we can have a nickname contest to decide.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I don't want to pick a name quite yet, thats why I'm sticking with Devils Supporters Section for now. If we pick any other name then we are kinda stuck with it. I want to see how everything goes Friday and maybe if stuff goes well and we do it for a couple of more games we can have a nickname contest to decide.

Fair enough. Thanks for getting this all together and I look forward to joining you in 209 soon.

i have my own blog, but hardly any triffic but i'll still post a link once i've finished writing the "article" [working on it now]

and i'll be ordering my tickets for this tomorrow. i am volunteering my voice for this effort, my resume includes being part of the chant starters in the University at Buffalo True Blue student section and firing up our section at Ford Field at the MAC Championship in 2008. I'm excited to get that college student section feel back with this and hope we can be loud and make the team proud that people still care.

I'm VERY excited to be a part of this movement, as i'm putting it in my article, we will become the first official supporters section for a professional sports team in the United States that isnt the MLS

i have my own blog, but hardly any triffic but i'll still post a link once i've finished writing the "article" [working on it now]

and i'll be ordering my tickets for this tomorrow. i am volunteering my voice for this effort, my resume includes being part of the chant starters in the University at Buffalo True Blue student section and firing up our section at Ford Field at the MAC Championship in 2008. I'm excited to get that college student section feel back with this and hope we can be loud and make the team proud that people still care.

I'm VERY excited to be a part of this movement, as i'm putting it in my article, we will become the first official supporters section for a professional sports team in the United States that isnt the MLS

Hey since you have experience and a loud voice, do you have any interest in leading the way on friday with starting the chants?

great article btw, I love it.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Hey since you have experience and a loud voice, do you have any interest in leading the way on friday with starting the chants?

great article btw, I love it.

thanks about the article

i have a few ideas for chants, i'll make another blog so we can keep them organized and let people print from home and such. also, doing it in a blog or something like that will help keep out the useless bickering that forces genuinely good ideas to get lost

and, mark my words right now, i plan using the "is that the score board" and "i believe" chants for when we BEAT nashville on friday.

i'd be honored to start chants/songs, but will need help from others cause 60 minutes of doing it will DESTROY my voice. at UB we had about 5-6 guys to rotate between, but me and two other guys took the lead 90% of the time.

Maybe link them to this thread and inform them of the ticket discount...otherwise great article!

and i'm an idiot cause i forgot that, lol.

thanks about the article

i have a few ideas for chants, i'll make another blog so we can keep them organized and let people print from home and such. also, doing it in a blog or something like that will help keep out the useless bickering that forces genuinely good ideas to get lost

and, mark my words right now, i plan using the "is that the score board" and "i believe" chants for when we BEAT nashville on friday.

i'd be honored to start chants/songs, but will need help from others cause 60 minutes of doing it will DESTROY my voice. at UB we had about 5-6 guys to rotate between, but me and two other guys took the lead 90% of the time.

and i'm an idiot cause i forgot that, lol.

Awesome, we definitely have a few people who can help lead the way, the more with strong voices the better. Adam85491 and myself are going to print up some chant sheets as well to bring to the game once we get that list finalized.

I think the main thing we need to do is have a good amount of "Lets go Devils!" chants as possible. That's the chant that is going to make the biggest difference as the whole arena will do it.

We kinda want to keep it simple for the first game but this is what has come up so far chant/song wise...

1 - Lets go Devils!

2 - The Kill, Kill, Kill chant

3 - the 1- nothingggggg new jersey chant

4 - apparently in 208 they do something after a goal like this "SAY YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, WOOOOHHHH" but we need to confirm that and how it sounds

5 - also after we score and they announce who scored over the pa we should do a "Patrick" *clap clap clap* chant for whoever scores the goal

6 - The I believe we will win chant

7 - the winning team/losing team chant

8 - the we love ya chant/song

I don't think we should go too much more crazy then that for our first game. I think the simpler the better for our first crack at this but any more suggestions are more then welcome.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Awesome, we definitely have a few people who can help lead the way, the more with strong voices the better. Adam85491 and myself are going to print up some chant sheets as well to bring to the game once we get that list finalized.

I think the main thing we need to do is have a good amount of "Lets go Devils!" chants as possible. That's the chant that is going to make the biggest difference as the whole arena will do it.

We kinda want to keep it simple for the first game but this is what has come up so far chant/song wise...

1 - Lets go Devils!

2 - The Kill, Kill, Kill chant

3 - the 1- nothingggggg new jersey chant

4 - apparently in 208 they do something after a goal like this "SAY YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, WOOOOHHHH" but we need to confirm that and how it sounds

5 - also after we score and they announce who scored over the pa we should do a "Patrick" *clap clap clap* chant for whoever scores the goal

6 - The I believe we will win chant

7 - the winning team/losing team chant

8 - the we love ya chant/song

I don't think we should go too much more crazy then that for our first game. I think the simpler the better for our first crack at this but any more suggestions are more then welcome.

exactly, those were my thoughts exactly, lol. maybe another chant or two taken from college, but other than that, its the jist of it.

i'll make that post tomorrow, but i fixed the one about the section.

my main change i'd add, is the "you are my Devils" one

Anyone want to do ole or no?

I will lead the KILL chants with my horn, and occasionally the LGD chants, by the way.

i vote no to OLE, leave that to the Habs fans, we'll find our own unique chant Friday and throughout the season. I have a few others [i just need to actually remember them] that we can dry run as well.

also, i just sent the link to my article to the puckdaddy blog.

and thanks for the support, a horn will be critical, or a cowbell or a drum. it'll help set pace definitely.

I always have a red KOVALCHUK ARMY one I bring, so no worries there.

Would anyone want to do Bauman's chant or should we save that to him, and hope he shows up and does it as some point during the game?

Also, the say yeah yeah yeah woooh is usually started by tony goomba in 208, so I'd love to follow it but we probably should let him start it...about 20 people usually do it in 208.

Edit: Also...I believe should be done when? Right after the puck drops? They always do that crappy opening chant right before.

Edited by adam85491

i vote no to OLE, leave that to the Habs fans, we'll find our own unique chant Friday and throughout the season. I have a few others [i just need to actually remember them] that we can dry run as well.

also, i just sent the link to my article to the puckdaddy blog.

and thanks for the support, a horn will be critical, or a cowbell or a drum. it'll help set pace definitely.

I also vote no to ole, mainly cause that's what the habs fans are known for. The only time I think we should do it is when we play montreal again to mock them(hopefully they don't kill us again game wise lol)

I know we use drums over at the Red Bulls games but I think we can do without them at the Devils games. I think the horn should be enough. I think the drum might annoy to many people.

I always have a red KOVALCHUK ARMY one I bring, so no worries there.

Would anyone want to do Bauman's chant or should we save that to him, and hope he shows up and does it as some point during the game?

Also, the say yeah yeah yeah woooh is usually started by tony goomba in 208, so I'd love to follow it but we probably should let him start it...about 20 people usually do it in 208.

Edit: Also...I believe should be done when? Right after the puck drops? They always do that crappy opening chant right before.

if he doesnt come over, i'll take the lead on that one. i'd love to.

I also vote no to ole, mainly cause that's what the habs fans are known for. The only time I think we should do it is when we play montreal again to mock them(hopefully they don't kill us again game wise lol)

I know we use drums over at the Red Bulls games but I think we can do without them at the Devils games. I think the horn should be enough. I think the drum might annoy to many people.

fair enough, maybe if the horn doesnt catch, we fill a prescription for more cowbell though lol

i have a list together of how the chants work, about to post it, i just don't now 100% on how a few of the 8 listed go.