NHL 13 GM Connected League

njd3b1ink

I don't know if Buffalo will be able to get online tonight. He's been crazy busy this past week and he's gonna be working at the NY Comic Con all weekend for the gaming site he writes for (which is why he was busy in the first place: playing other games and writing reviews). I'm sure he'll be back to getting his games done next week.

Yeah, El Murph is very active

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. My friend who is the Pens in the league is going to put his phone number up on the league. He doesnt have the time to hang around on xbox to wait for people to come on so he said if anyone has a game against him they can just text him and you two can figure out a time to play. It makes it alot easier for him. If everyone is alright with that it could make getting games going easier. I text him when we have games and we usually get it done by the end of the day every time. Whats everyones thoughts?

Hey guys. My friend who is the Pens in the league is going to put his phone number up on the league. He doesnt have the time to hang around on xbox to wait for people to come on so he said if anyone has a game against him they can just text him and you two can figure out a time to play. It makes it alot easier for him. If everyone is alright with that it could make getting games going easier. I text him when we have games and we usually get it done by the end of the day every time. Whats everyones thoughts?

Sounds good. I just set up a game with him

Hey alybert, you gotta play that game against nashville. If he gets a loss cause you purposely quit to get a simmed game it isnt fair to him. That game needs to be made up. I would do the same for you

What? alybert doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to purposely bail in the middle of a game.

Simply put, no.

I was very upfront with him on why I quit. The guy just snipes from the circle and scores at will. Is it a skill? Yes. Is he cheating. No.

Good for him. Look at his record. He has 1 loss, 2 OT loss total. I imagine those losses came from the sim games.

I'm not wasting 20 minutes playing him.

To be fair... I'll play one game against him total and refuse others to spot him the game he was up 4-0... but not any other games.

Simply put, no.

I was very upfront with him on why I quit. The guy just snipes from the circle and scores at will. Is it a skill? Yes. Is he cheating. No.

Good for him. Look at his record. He has 1 loss, 2 OT loss total. I imagine those losses came from the sim games.

To be fair... I'll play one game against him total and refuse others to spot him the game he was up 4-0... but not any other games.

One of his OT loses came from sims. The regulation lose came against Detroit who was user controlled and the other came against Columbus who is also controlled. I also was watching the game and they were not all snipes. 2 goals were 2 on 1's, 1 goal was a breakaway, and the other was a snipe. To not play him cause he's good is not fair.

Simply put, no.

Geez if I quit everytime I was playing someone who is better than me, I would never be online... Stop being a baby and take your loss like a man...

I still need to play Detroit, Buffalo, Columbus, and Edmonton. Will any of you guys be on tonight?

I have a real-life hockey game at 7 but I can play before or after.

all those guys arent from the forum so im not sure if they will be on. If u give me a rough estimate of when u will be on tho i can try to get in touch with them and tell them when you will be online. Also goodluck in ur game tonight, i have a game at 7 as well haha

Has Philly played any of his games this week? I've tried inviting him/sending a message to try to set up a game 3 times and every time he just signed right off.

I just simmed the schedule period. active gms was up from last week. There are still 4 gms that are in danger of being kicked from inactivity. Ive been keeping track of how many games each gm plays per week. If the gm has played 2 or less games ive been highlighting that week to show that they barely played. That way ive been doing it is if they have 2 weeks of 1 or less games then they get kicked. If they have 2 games ill usually give them a third chance cause sometimes you just cant seem to find people while their on. Anyway, detroit, montreal, colorado, pheonix, and tampa are in this danger zone of multiple weeks. Both montreal and colorado have played 0 games in two weeks so i will kick them after work today. The other three im willing to see how this week pans out for them. But if by wednesday night they havnt played then i gotta kick them. If all these teams get kicked we will have something like 10 cpu gms. You cannot trade with a cpu. The trades are just horrible that they agree too. Also im going to be logging DNF% (did not finish) against the cpu now. Im going to track it the same way im tracking games played. I can tell right now that many people are playing the cpu and quitting until they win. Some people have DNF% in the 90s. Most gms are around 40%. The cpus are difficult so they arent guaranteed wins. From now on i expect everyones DNF to start going down. If it has risen by the end of the week i will make a note of it, and if it happens twice then ill have to kick that player. If it comes to the point where everyone is losing to the cpu then ill lower the difficulty if i can. But i want to try it like this. If anyone has any objections or suggestions let me know and we can try to better this system.

My bad with quitting against the CPU. I was actually using those games a lot just to try to practice with my team since there's no other way to do it so I'd play 'til near the end then quit whether I was winning or losing and then eventually I'd just play one that counted once I was done. Won't do it anymore.

My bad with quitting against the CPU. I was actually using those games a lot just to try to practice with my team since there's no other way to do it so I'd play 'til near the end then quit whether I was winning or losing and then eventually I'd just play one that counted once I was done. Won't do it anymore.

Thats alright, I know some people have been playing till they win though. I didnt notice any of that with you so your good. I think from now on though, if anyone wants to practice they should just do it in play now and put the difficulty on superstar. It isnt the same but its close enough. One gm (not from this forum) was playing the same cpu game for like an hr and a half. I kept checking and conveniently the game where they were winning was the game that ended up being finished haha.

Oh and JWomp I know you know the kid thats the flyers personally so would it be ok if you asked him next time you see him if he's still ganna be active. I played him last week and he seemed pretty frustrated by the league.