Cmon Belicheck and Pat$

LOTCB

Beliprick is starting to seem more and more like a little kid who gets his toy taken away and will pout, scream, and do anything to get back at someone else....

Monday, Nov 5, 2007 12:13 pm EST

The NFL is looking into allegations that the Indianapolis Colts piped in noise during the game Sunday between the Colts and the Patriots. The charge comes after Patriots President Jonathan Kraft became the latest NFL team executive to accuse the Colts of the distracting tactic that is against the rules.

"We're aware of it and we're looking into it," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It may just be the TV feed from CBS, but we're checking it out."

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.

"We're aware of the accusations, but there has never been anything to substantiate it," Aiello said.

Kraft approached NFL Vice President of Security Milt Ahlerich after Kraft and his parents, Patriots owners Bob and Myra Kraft, left the Patriots locker room after the game.

Kraft was angry as he told Ahlerich the league needed to look into the allegation. Ahlerich is the same person who confiscated a videotape made by the Patriots during a game against the New York Jets in Week 2 that led to the Spygate controversy.

In addition, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the RCA Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

This is the latest in a string of incidents between the teams that have fueled the growing Colts-Pats rivalry. In the past, Colts General Manager Bill Polian has vehemently argued that the Patriots have bent the rules in terms of use of replay challenges and the pass interference rule.

So wait the Pats do something similar to what everyone else does and they're the Devil. The Colts do something that I think everyone else does and still the Pats are the Devil. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Never said anything of the sort....but cmon this is clearly a response to the whole Belicheat issue from Week 1...at least IMO

Edited by LOTCB

Good for the Pats. They have been officially designated as public enemy #1 because no one can beat them.

They are a great great team...nobody questions that...but I just don't like Belicheck and the way he is acting now...quite honestly...like a baby.

On another note, New England at Buffalo in 2 weeks has been moved to Sunday Night....are they $ure about this and alert Buffalo's finest...I say 75 arrests that night... :o

Bills' home game against Patriots moved to prime time

Updated: 11/05/07 1:02 PM

After waiting 13 years for a prime time home game, the Buffalo Bills only had to wait about six weeks for a second one. The National Football League announced today that the Bills' home game Nov. 18 with the currently unbeaten New England Patriots has been moved from Sunday afternoon to NBC's Sunday Night Football package.

It is scheduled to begin around 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18 at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

The Bills' three-game winning streak has helped them hit prime time about six weeks after their dramatic, last-second loss to Dallas was carried on ESPN. It is the first time a Bills game has been moved into prime time since the league began its flex schedule, which allows NBC to put on a more exciting game than the one scheduled.

The Bills-Pats game replaces a scheduled game between Chicago and Seattle. It will be the Bills' first appearance on NBC's Sunday Night Football schedule, which is now the league's premiere package.

Of course, Tom Brady and the Pats are the big draw, but the game wouldn't have been switched if the Bills hadn't gone on their winning streak. -- Alan Pergament

They are a great great team...nobody questions that...but I just don't like Belicheck and the way he is acting now...quite honestly...like a baby.

Regardless of what Belicheck does from now on he will be labeled a "baby" although all he is doing is fighting back.

I think Belicheck has played this stupid, overexaggerated, "spy-gate" to his advantage. His team is so focused and motivated that it appears that Mangini has awakened a monster. Will not be surprised if they go undefeated the rest of the year including the Superbowl (which is why Buffalo moves to primetime).

Regardless of what Belicheck does from now on he will be labeled a "baby" although all he is doing is fighting back.

I think Belicheck has played this stupid, overexaggerated, "spy-gate" to his advantage. His team is so focused and motivated that it appears that Mangini has awakened a monster. Will not be surprised if they go undefeated the rest of the year including the Superbowl (which is why Buffalo moves to primetime).

True...again Belichek is an all time great Head Coach..that i will never, ever questions, but does he have to be such a punk about it?

Buffalo plays at Miami this week...Miami off a bye..that scares me...I hope for NBC's sake they did not jump the gun on moving that game

True...again Belichek is an all time great Head Coach..that i will never, ever questions, but does he have to be such a punk about it?

Buffalo plays at Miami this week...Miami off a bye..that scares me...I hope for NBC's sake they did not jump the gun on moving that game

It probably has alot to do with how the press treated him as HC of the Browns. They trashed him everyweekend, so I kind of feel like he resents the media.

Belicheck is a disciple of Parcells in playing the "us against them" angle against the media. I remember a famous Giants Parcells press conference where he was asked a question about the Simms-Hostettler QB controversy and he responded, "That's why I call you guys [press] commies. Subversive from within!" The big difference between Parcess and Belicheck is that Parcells has that Don Rickles personallity which the press ate up because it gave them quotes and headlines. Belicheck has Al Gore's personallity, although I will say he's much more open during his weekly Monday radio sitdown on WEEI.

The NFL said today that the bizarre sound that many TV viewers thought was a CD of fake crowd noise skipping was, in reality, no such thing. The league responded quickly when the Patriots and many fans questioned whether the Colts were cheating:

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

So that seems to bring to an end what could have been the beginning of a controversy to rival Patriotgate. Now we can turn our attention to more important subjects, like whether Tony Romo is dating Britney Spears.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/...-not-colts-che/

For much for nothing, Patriots?

The NFL said today that the bizarre sound that many TV viewers thought was a CD of fake crowd noise skipping was, in reality, no such thing. The league responded quickly when the Patriots and many fans questioned whether the Colts were cheating:

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Monday. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

So that seems to bring to an end what could have been the beginning of a controversy to rival Patriotgate. Now we can turn our attention to more important subjects, like whether Tony Romo is dating Britney Spears.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/05/...-not-colts-che/

For much for nothing, Patriots?

Edited by mdsieve

That's funny, I could have swore it was feedback from the earpieces worn by the zebras getting orders from "Fat Tony" to throw a few questionable yellow hankies against the Patriots so they wouldn't cover. ;)

Meanwhile in Pittsburgh tonight the Baltimore Ravens continue to prove to the nation that they are a complete fraud of a football team. Is 21-0 in the 2nd quarter considered "running-it-up" in Steelerland? ;)

Edited by TravisZajac

Wow you are really over inflating the taping thing and tarnishing there past championships? I mean come on what do you think Belichek is just some super genius and was the only one doing this? No he was just the one dumb enough to get caught. That tarish crap is from people who are sick of losing to a clearly superior franchise from top to bottom.

And what is total garbage are the people coming out and bashing him for accusing someone else of cheating. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he don't. It all amounts down to jealousy, picking apart the stupid things that might otherwise go unnoticed from a weak franchise.

Edited by njdevils783

Wow you are really over inflating the taping thing and tarnishing there past championships? I mean come on what do you think Belichek is just some super genius and was the only one doing this? No he was just the one dumb enough to get caught. That tarish crap is from people who are sick of losing to a clearly superior franchise from top to bottom.

And what is total garbage are the people coming out and bashing him for accusing someone else of cheating. He's damned if he does and he's damned if he don't. It all amounts down to jealousy, picking apart the stupid things that might otherwise go unnoticed from a weak franchise.

Bill Bellichick is the first one to get caught, and the Pats have been the best team since the 2001-2002 team, so of course they're going to get more attention, and they'll get call their Championships tarnished.

Don't you know that.. Knowing where the Blitzs will come, the coverages, ect ... Can really help winning Football games? Of course, Bellichick is still a good coach, but.. I wouldn't call him the best ever, as some would do before the "PATS SPYGATE" and the talent was there, .. Their Superbowls are tarnished for ever, and that's my opinion.Yeah, your a Pats fan, so you might try and argue with me, but dude, lets face the facts, Bellichick cheated, and during his sucess, he did it.

Edited by njdevils783

I don't care about football. I don't really follow any team, and only sit down and really watch the superbowl. And I even tend to get bored during that.

I'd like to think, then, that I'm about as impartial as can be when it comes to this topic.

Cheating of any sort will tarnish the reputation of a team as a whole, and especially the people directly involved. Saying that "everyone does it" is not a valid excuse and never has been, because there's no evidence that anyone else does it.

If the Colts cheated, then what they've accomplished has been tarnished as well.

Edited by Nature's Minister

I don't care about football. I don't really follow any team, and only sit down and really watch the superbowl. And I even tend to get bored during that.

I'd like to think, then, that I'm about as impartial as can be when it comes to this topic.

Cheating of any sort will tarnish the reputation of a team as a whole, and especially the people directly involved. Saying that "everyone does it" is not a valid excuse and never has been, because there's no evidence that anyone else does it.

If the Colts cheated, then what they've accomplished has been tarnished as well.

Edited by njdevils783

My point is, that until you have evidence of other teams cheating, the tarnish is singular to the Patriots. That's not to say that he isn't a good coach or the players aren't great, but cheating is absolutely not acceptable.

While the magnitude of the offense isn't as great, what you're saying is basically akin to it being alright for Barry Bonds to use steroids to break Hank Aaron's record, because other players, like McGwire, were roiding too.

My point is, that until you have evidence of other teams cheating, the tarnish is singular to the Patriots. That's not to say that he isn't a good coach or the players aren't great, but cheating is absolutely not acceptable.

While the magnitude of the offense isn't as great, what you're saying is basically akin to it being alright for Barry Bonds to use steroids to break Hank Aaron's record, because other players, like McGwire, were roiding too.

Edited by njdevils783

And trust me buddy every other coach in the league is doing it. Like I said he just got caught. Everyone looks for that extra edge and most of the time the way they get it is against the rules. But to think that he is the only one doing it is crazy. Just look at Dungy now everyone is getting accused of cheating because face it EVERYONE does it. Now that tarnishes the game as a whole but to criticize their championships jsut becaues they are terrible at cheating lol I dont know.

But yea we'll never agree on this lol being confrence rivals doesn't help either.

lol and now reading it the buddy thing sound derogatory and I didnt mean it that way was just trying to be funny

Do you have any kind of proof that the whole league is doing the same thing as the Pats?

Please, proove me .... Yeah, it tarnishs their Super bowls, they got caught, and they have been using that "strategy" since 2000, when Bellichick came as the Head Coach.

Of course, every team tries to get the opposite Coordinators signs, but not with a camera, that's illegal.

Do you have any kind of proof that the whole league is doing the same thing as the Pats?

Please, proove me .... Yeah, it tarnishs their Super bowls, they got caught, and they have been using that "strategy" since 2000, when Bellichick came as the Head Coach.

Of course, every team tries to get the opposite Coordinators signs, but not with a camera, that's illegal.

And what Dungy is being accused off?

Edited by njdevils783