Meszaros out indefinitely after Achilles' surgery

Prucenterrules

Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren announced on Tuesday that defenseman Andrej Meszaros will be sidelined indefinitely after undergoing surgery to repair a torn right Achilles' tendon.

The news is a major blow to the defensive corps, which will likely be without captain Chris Pronger, lost Matt Carle via free agency to the Tampa Bay Lightning this offseason and failed to sign either Ryan Suter or Shea Weber. Holmgren said there was no timetable for how long Meszaros will be sidelined.

www.nhl.com

Has been a terrible summer so far for the flyers on the blueline. First they lose out on suter, then weber, then carle leaves, and now one of their better d-men out.

www.nhl.com

Has been a terrible summer so far for the flyers on the blueline. First they lose out on suter, then weber, then carle leaves, and now one of their better d-men out.

I'll shed a tear for them.. A tear from laughter.. I hope Holmgren ruins that team for years

+1. My girlfriend is a flyers fan so this past playoff season and this offseason has provided much fun for me teasing her.

Same here lol.. And I wish her all the happiness in the world, but **** the Flyers.. I wish them nothing but failure

The flyers need some D and we need a forward. Do they have any players that we could realistically trade for?

C'mon, you know this has happening would have nothing to do with whether we could realistically make a trade with the Flyers. Lou will not do it unless he's trading a wet turd in exchange for Giroux.