#1 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:12 AM

St. Patrick was a guy, not a girl. :P
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

It's St. Patrick's Day, not St. Padraic's. :P

(I actually went to school with a guy named Padraic. I think we just called him Pat.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:32 AM

That's true but I don't think Patrick is typically abbreviated Patty, except by people whose name isn't Patrick. Pat, Paddy, or Packie.

My link

Whatever you call it, hope everyone has a good one! :)
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

It is an insult no different than the insult words for other ethnicities. Lots of Irish friends have told me over the years never to make that mistake so it will always be St. Patrick's Day for me.

Posted Image
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#5 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

It is an insult no different than the insult words for other ethnicities. Lots of Irish friends have told me over the years never to make that mistake so it will always be St. Patrick's Day for me.

Posted Image

Dew, I was thinking "What the heck are you talking about?" until I went and read that Yahoo Answers thread. I never knew about the whole ethnic slur thing. You really do learn something new every day. :cheers:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#6 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Dew, I was thinking "What the heck are you talking about?" until I went and read that Yahoo Answers thread. I never knew about the whole ethnic slur thing. You really do learn something new every day. :cheers:

Yup. Teach me now. What is this Yahoo Answers thread you speak of? LOL
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#7 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

The one Devilsfan linked to above

#8 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Doh! :wacko:
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users