GAME THREAD: Penguins @ DEVILS 7:30pm FSNY

Weekes Head

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am excited, I did expect the speedy Devils players to get more points this year. But I have to say, the third and fourth liners were pretty bad tonight. Even Langenbrunner a usual stalwart was in the box twice tonight. That isn't good sign.

The Devils played well after a shaky start, and damn did Brodeur stand on his head in the first period.

Overall very happy that hockey is back and the Devils put 5 on the board.

Also all of the games I have seen tonight have been very entertaining (flipping around on CI during commercials/intermission).

Did anyone else notice the girl in the back of parise goal? she was like holy crap he is right there infront of me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shhhhhhh youll point out the empties to troy .. .. . :doh1:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, that's what I was thinking...he'd probably say "Where are the fans for Parises first goal!?"

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk

Just got back, everything has changed no more score-0 human bowling instead.

no more zamboni races 3-D race to CAA. Graphics were pretty cool. Even though they rig the race so the contestent wins his Rhino Records Pac (Genesis, INXS etc.) New Daktronics board is great, but it took me half a game to figure where the penalty time was on it. :doh1:

Hopefully the players get used to these calls some of the penalties the Devil just breathed on the Penguin. :o

Some chants Rangers Suck (of course) Marty's Better, Parise's Better, and Overrated (at Crosby).

Edited by Rock

wow you heard that chant...sweeeeeet..

i had a blast.. i cant read this thread now.. but i was psyched.. i was drunk period 1.. but i did catch the goals anyhow.. i sobered up for period 2 and couldnt have asked for a better game 1

YAY devs

I ditto everything Rock said....

The little Devils: Brylin, Gionta, and Gomez were flying.

McGillis sucks.

Matvichuk is the real deal. Great signing Lou.

The chicken steal by Gionta, and the rebound bang home will be a year long highlight. What a f-ing goal!

And anyone who touches Maria, in any way, gets 2 minutes.

I don't care for the new NHL.

Check out the great beginning to this story ....

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- With the hockey world watching, the first-round draft pick lived up to all of his expectations and more with a goal and two points in his first NHL game.

Sidney Crosby, it wasn't.

Zach Parise, New Jersey's first-round draft pick in 2003, scored a power-play goal and assisted on one of Brian Gionta's two goals in an outstanding debut that led the New Jersey Devils to a 5-1 victory over Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=251005011

Parise's better!!!! :boogie::hail:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.