307 replies to this topic

#241 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

s hold of him and tells him what to doOy vey -- a guy who wants to be liked more I have never seen.

I think he thinks he's sincere. Mostly though he wants people to like him wherever he is. It's not dishonest - just weak-minded. I dont give a hott what he does - he'll be giving it his all wherever he plays and that's all that matters. He's s stupid hockey player - let him jaw until someone get

I'm here for the party

#242 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

That...is slightly creepy

Similar to that link of Parise's then-fiance's bridal registry that someone posted last year

#243 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I don't know if Frick Drive exists in Alpine, NJ....but if you look at the adjacent Block and Lot numbers they are all on Closter Dock Drive.
Posted Image

#244 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Similar to that link of Parise's then-fiance's bridal registry that someone posted last year

Yeah... there's really no need to be posting that stuff.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#245 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

It's on/off Closter Dock, they all are.

#246 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

the real truth comes out. he just wants to finish the season with his team, which is understandable. he doesn't want to look like he was there just for the money and ice time and he wants to finish what he started. there is no way it's going to happen, but i can understand him wanting to say that. we would be pissed if it were us getting our star taken away half way.

That can be spun both ways, it could be spun that he wants the full $11M from the Devils for his 3rd season and is willing to play chicken for it, all while getting paid the big Russian oil money + whatever whacky sh!t Medvedev, his brother and Putin come up with. Maybe when he goes home, there's gonna be another story on his house.

#247 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

That can be spun both ways, it could be spun that he wants the full $11M from the Devils for his 3rd season and is willing to play chicken for it, all while getting paid the big Russian oil money + whatever whacky sh!t Medvedev, his brother and Putin come up with. Maybe when he goes home, there's gonna be another story on his house.

That's all incredibly unlikely. The Devils would not toll his contract - what incentive would they ever have for doing so? Have you looked at his contract lately?

Edited by Triumph, 10 January 2013 - 03:57 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#248 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's all incredibly unlikely. The Devils would not toll his contract - what incentive would they ever have for doing so? Have you looked at his contract lately?

That's why he would be playing chicken, and I'm sure he knows it's unlikely, which is why his comments today are far more waffle-ly as staying in Russia goes. Even then, if he did get his deal nuked, he would still get paid well in Russia, and it doesn't preclude him from coming back to NA, although it's hard to believe anyone would give him a long-term contract.

#249 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah... there's really no need to be posting that stuff.

Truth be told I was more looking to post a google maps image for humor but Alpine doesn't have public street addresses. As for that link, all NJ property tax records are public so i was sort of shocked when it came up. Regardless, even if soeone around here wanted to be creepy and drive around they would find no homes with gates and no mailboxes or home numbers to tell wtf they were looking at (used to drive me insane when I had to do catering deliveries there).

#250 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Regardless of what he decides to do I will not be satisfied until someoene speaks with his grandmother, she gives all the good rumors.

Edited by newarkdev01, 10 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#251 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Come on people, these quotes were intended for Russian audiences in order to appease them. Not a loosely translated English version that was meant for us. He is coming back and obviously he wants to play in this all star game with Datsyuk so we will wait until then. When Ilya gets here you will get the interview that is intended for Devil fans. I am not worried whatsoever.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 January 2013 - 05:02 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#252 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

TG
I talked to some Devils' players today and most don't think it's a big deal if Kovalchuk plays in ASG, but one prominent one kind of did.

i think we all know who that "one" is lol im guessing Elias

Edited by SterioDesign, 10 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#253 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

TG
I talked to some Devils' players today and most don't think it's a big deal if Kovalchuk plays in ASG, but one prominent one kind of did.

i think we all know that "one" is lol im guessing Elias

Yeah my money would be on Elias too.

#254 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hah, how many 'prominent' Devils are there really besides Elias, Kovy and Marty (and he's not going to ding his buddy Kovy I don't think)? I guess it depends on your definition of a prominent Devil though, since Salvador and Zajac can be considered that, though not really big-name stars.

The fact that the player vote now ends at 8 AM Saturday morning gives Kovy no room to stand on as far as staying in Russia through Sunday, unless he gets permission from Lou (which I doubt).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 January 2013 - 05:24 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#255 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hah, how many 'prominent' Devils are there really besides Elias, Kovy and Marty (and he's not going to ding his buddy Kovy I don't think)? I guess it depends on your definition of a prominent Devil though, since Salvador and Zajac can be considered that, though not really big-name stars.

The fact that the player vote now ends at 8 AM Saturday morning gives Kovy no room to stand on as far as staying in Russia through Sunday, unless he gets permission from Lou (which I doubt).

Lou should really just let him play that damn game and not open a can of worms there so we can get over this

www.SterioDesign.com

#256 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Kovy does not ask permission, Kovy does what Kovy wants!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#257 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

I heard the players will receive 48 hours to report after the vote is tallied, but that could be subject to change or just hearsay.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#258 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Lou should really just let him play that damn game and not open a can of worms there so we can get over this

There's NO way he'll let him play that game. Could you imagine if he somehow got hurt in that game (which is now taking place almost a full day after ratification), the ****storm that would ensue? That's not happening on a team where Ponikarovsky said last year he liked the fact that the team bus doesn't wait five minutes for anyone, or a team that once scratched Kovy for being late to meetings.

I heard the players will receive 48 hours to report after the vote is tallied, but that could be subject to change or just hearsay.

If true, you could just call that the Kovy rule. Other than him and Datsyuk (who 'did' get permission to play), who else isn't 'back' already? They've had a week to get their **** in order since the deal was struck last Sunday.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#259 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Again, you don't seem to understand that the CBA isn't ratified yet. Yes, everyone knows it is going to be so, but it isn't yet.

The Devils' team bus has been stalled for almost 4 months now.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#260 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

What part of 'the KHL All-Star game is taking place AFTER ratification' don't you understand? Perhaps 731 is right, but the 48 hours to report is a rule that only Kovy really needs at this point, after everyone's been on notice for a week already and many teams have been skating in impromptu half-workouts.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 January 2013 - 05:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users