GDT 12/10/10 New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa

ZeroGravityFat

Heh, I can't really think in terms of cutting back until January 6 anyway since I have someone sitting with me for like six of the next seven home games I'm going to but after that when it's really out of hand I can't imagine getting someone to go with me for more than a handful of games at most so it might be firesale time since I refuse to go to all of these humdrum games solo :P

haha, no joke i'll go, i'll buy the beer or kool-aid

i think its knowing that in a few months i might be leaving the area again and this time, hockey will be next to impossible for me to get to since it could be the Air Force.

Maybe that's why I'm clinging to them so badly, holding out every last ounce of hope.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just like triumph just said, as much as the #'s say otherwise, i just refuse to give up. i'll listen to the i told you so's all you want, but i just cannot give up on the only sport i actually enjoy outside of football before its actually over.

hey, if you don't want to go anymore, by all means message me on nights you cant/dont want to go. lol :koolaid:

no, I like hockey. lol. the best you can hope is that they become a live dog at the end of the season. it's not so much giving up as it is capitulation. I had two numbers. 10 under overall and 4 under at new year's (where they were in 2005-06).

they hit one and they're highly likely to miss the other, and possibly miss it by a ton.

and other than specials, this game was really bad. they're just not competitive at even strength right now. goaltending and PK and now PP are keeping them in games.

There is definitely concern to be had, but the real problem is how slow this team is. Langenbrunner has barely anything left in the tank at a fairly young age. He just can't move. Rolston is just Rolston. Had all the speed in the world until he came to Jersey. Elias is playing well, but his problem is he has lost a fair bit of burst too. He just doesn't have it, but he is working very hard and making smart plays. Clarkson is Clarkson.

Zajac is frustrating, because his offensive game looks lost without Parise. He can't be half as effective with anyone else on the team. There isn't much speed on the blue line. They probably are the slowest team in the league right now.

Anyone who wants to blame this mess on Kovy is crazy. He's been bad a lot of games, but he was pretty strong tonight, and it wasn't going to change much. Obviously he needs to score, and score a lot, but blaming him is really a cop out. This team is not a bit better without him.

haha, no joke i'll go, i'll buy the beer or kool-aid

i think its knowing that in a few months i might be leaving the area again and this time, hockey will be next to impossible for me to get to since it could be the Air Force.

Maybe that's why I'm clinging to them so badly, holding out every last ounce of hope.

I can definitely understand that. I'm sure the sth who sits next to me will probably wind up helping me out with a few games since he goes with his dad but likes to have his gf along as well when he can.

Yeah I'm going to stop going out of my way to head to the Rock as well soon. Either going to be against a team worth seeing, i.e. Pitt or whatever - and then just not. I can't give my kind of time and money to this crap.

The rub is that the rivalry games are the only ones you can even sell at anything close to face, everything else is gonna be close to fifty cents on the dollar. I know I'm going to one Ranger game with one friend and promised the other one to another friend, the Flyer games are probably the only hope in heck I have of getting one of the people who does go with me to the arena in the second half cause she hates the Flyers lol. If anything I might avoid the Penguin games like the plague, not to mention weekend ones since they usually involve an hour layover in Newark.

Edited by NJDevs4978

as scary as it sounds, i hope Marty actually gets the nod tomorrow. i usually hate if he goes back to back, but i got a gut feeling he'll play like a man possessed.

With three days off after tomorrow he might well be playing again, though ideally you don't want to play him back-to-back in different cities coming off an injury that's bothered him for over a month.

I hear ya HASAN, it takes me 1:15 door to door, that' slike as long as the game is anyway. I won't do it for this. It's too much to ask.

Actually I'm fine with 1:15, that's what it usually is for me on weekdays since games end around 9:30 and I get home like 10:45 after going to Broad Street and taking the train home. The problem with the weekend games is they're closer to two hours door to door :lol: Most games end the same time the train comes in (3:30 for afternoon games, 9:30 for night games) since it's every hour on the hour so I have to wait an hour before going 45-50 minutes home.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You know what really sucks? This team just can't even win a game by accident. Like in tonight's game, both teams were pretty bad but we always seem to lose no mater what the circumstances.

Aside from this year's Islanders, who are basically an AHL team, how come this team can't seem to find a way to play solid for at least 3 games? I mean even the most awful teams over the last few years managed to go on a stretch where they play well and won some games. We've witnessed The Devils fall to these types of teams many times. But for whatever reason they just can't do it. I seriously can not remember the last time they played a solid game where EVERYTHING clicked. It just doesn't happen anymore. I won't count the Caps game from a few weeks back because Hedberg really masked a lot of our screw ups and Holtby was hot ass for the Caps.

So depressing.

Edited by Sickman

You know what really sucks? This team just can't even win a game by accident. Like in tonight's game, both teams were pretty bad but we always seem to lose no mater what the circumstances.

Aside from this year's Islanders, who are basically an AHL team, how come this team can't seem to find a way to play solid for at least 3 games? I mean even the most awful teams over the last few years managed to go on a stretch where they play well and won some games. We've witnessed The Devils fall to these types of teams many times. But for whatever reason they just can't do it. I seriously can not remember the last time they played a solid game where EVERYTHING clicked. It just doesn't happen anymore. I won't count the Caps game from a few weeks back because Hedberg really masked a lot of our screw ups and Holtby was hot ass for the Caps.

So depressing.

how sad is it that the stretch of 3 wins in 4 games was our highlight, then we rattled off 4 losses in a row, or is it a 5 now? :evilcry: :evilcry: :argh: :argh: :evilcry::evilcry:

So depressing.

they sure as hell don't get alot of breaks. you make your good and bad breaks, I guess, but thinks like that first Ottawa goal are hilarious. sh!tty shot ends up ten feet short, slams into the ice and goes flying back up and past Marty...

You know what's funny? I just watched NHL on the FLY on NHL network and not one second of discussion about the clarkson kicking goal controversy during the game recap. Boy does this league really turn a blind eye with bad calls lmao. Puts things into perspective how much bullsh!t runs behind the scenes.

You know what's funny? I just watched NHL on the FLY on NHL network and not one second of discussion about the clarkson kicking goal controversy during the game recap. Boy does this league really turn a blind eye with bad calls lmao. Puts things into perspective how much bullsh!t runs behind the scenes.

they grazed the crosby slew foot a few weeks ago, but nothing substantial.

Well from what I've seen of NHL on the Fly it is more of a recap show than a discussion like say the HNIC segments are. But honestly a mini-contreversy involving two non-playoff teams isn't going to be high on the radar screen anyway. It's like debating a contreversial call in a Nets-Pistons game in early January. Now, if this had happened between Pittsburgh and Washington, it would be covered up the wazoo.

I only saw the highlights so far, so i will only share my opinion on clarkson's "goal"...

He was in the move forward, and did not make a kicking move. So what for would that be no goal? This is ridiculous! :( With a 3-3 going into Overtime, you never know what would've happened...

100% I was so pissed off at the NHL replay booth run by the NHL. It was clearly a GOAL no if or but it was a goal I have seen players get away with kicking motions so many times but this clearly just hit his skate... We can not get a break no how!

On the other hand they did play a little better against a bad team, I don't know what to expect from tonight clearly all the players were pissed off by that call....

Lets Go Devils!!!!!

I'm not a fan from that far back. I only got into hockey and the Devils in the mid 90s. Would someone please explain "Yellow Sunday" and the donut incident?

The Donut Incident was a postgame incident between Jim Schoenfeld and Don Koharski. Schoenfeld was irate over the officiating and confronted Koharski in the entry way the players and officials shared then. During the confrontation, Koharski tripped on something, fell, then was screaming at Schoenfeld that he's done in hockey, finished, etc. Schoenfeld said back, "You fell on your own, go have another donut, have another donut you fat pig!"