R.I.P Pat Burns

jagknife

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such sad news. We all knew the day would come but Pat was such a fighter and he kinda made you feel like he could beat anything. It's amazing that he battled for over six and a half years with this horrible disease. It kind of puts all the recent negativity surrounding this team in perspective. Today was truly a loss.

RIP coach Burns :/

Time to wear the patch and play like true devils to honor the man.

they should raise a simple banner with his name embroidered to hang under the '03 cup

if the hall of fame will not honor him, even though he's beyond qualified, we damn sure should

i'm interested to see how dano reacts tomorrow when they talk about it, he did play him in game game 7 afterall.

It's weird how to not even have met the person, you can still feel such loss when they're gone. This is really deflating news.

I'm just thankful he was able to become a part of the Devils family along his journey. And it was no secret how much regard he had for the franchise and especially Lou. We were honored to be associated with him. Class all the way.

There is no way the Devils win the Cup without Burns in 03. He was as much responsible for that Cup as all the players were. Talk about pushing the right buttons.

My most vivid memory of Burns will be the picture of him that was up on the njo.com website right after NJ hired him. It was classic Burns with his burly beard and it was on the Devils main page for weeks. The significance of it was that I just remember having such a good feeling when he was hired and that the team would be in good hands. Less then a year later we were back on top of the hockey world yet again.

Say hello to Heaven Burnsy. You'll be missed.

Edited by Sickman

It's weird how to not even have met the person, you can still feel such loss when they're gone. This is really deflating news.

Its interesting because, many of us follow the Devils so much that it becomes part of your life. Its like another family if yours whether you meet the person or not. He was a huge part of the Devils family. I hate to say it but now is the worse time for this to happen. On the other hand, maybe the Devils who knew Pat will use this as motivation.

I would like to see a patch on their jerseys for him. I would expect to see Elias, Langs, White, and Marty effected by this the most being that they were under Pats roster.

I got a lot of tears out the first two times he "died" so this time I'm just at the acceptance stage. Rest in peace to the best coach this team has ever had, and more importantly an amazing person. To see Lou get choked up at the mention of his name at the fan club meeting last month shows how incredible a human being he was. I suggest hanging a picture behind the bench of the glare he used to give Gomez after a lousy shift. Maybe that will inspire this bunch of losers.

Edited by skeeter

RIP Pat.

Thanks for your contribution to hockey & to the Devils & 2003. I'm proud that the Devils were part of your

Championship resume. And I'm relieved you're no longer in pain, but in paradise.

You will be missed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.