Martin Brodeur - 2 years $9 million

Triumph

Why are people so convinced Marty's leaving? He's probably got two, maybe three legitimate offers with one being Toronto lmao. This isn't a case where he's got to look through a billion offers. If he was going to leave, he could have left already. He's certainly not going to leave before Zach makes up his mind.

We don't even know if anyone's offering 2-10, just that it's 'supposedly' what he's looking for.

Edited by NJDevs4978

He was at 5 this year. Id be fine w/ it for another year. I think its the years.

Do you think his play merits 5 mil? Or are you giving him a little extra because of who he is? Even at 1 year, I don't think he was (last year) or will be (next year) a 5 mil goalie. Does he deserve extra money because of what he means to the organization. That's what is debatable.

Do you think his play merits 5 mil? Or are you giving him a little extra because of who he is? Even at 1 year, I don't think he was (last year) or will be (next year) a 5 mil goalie. Does he deserve extra money because of what he means to the organization. That's what is debatable.

Id give him 5 because its him and thats the only reason.

Would have been nice to know these terms a little earlier, now Gustavsson, Mason and even Clemmensen are already signed. In reality who is left out there thats a sure #1. Looks like someone said Moose may be back though...also not saying that any of those are a #1, but they could at least split with Moose if Marty isn't back

Edited by Bibby89

Would have been nice to know these terms a little earlier, now Gustavsson, Mason and even Clemmensen are already signed. In reality who is left out there thats a sure #1. Looks like someone said Moose may be back though...

I doubt we sign a free agent if Marty walks outside of Moose. Earlier it was said that teams were inquiring about him, but he basically told them he's in a holding pattern and wants to return here.

Moose returns and is the starter, we bring someone up from the farm or trade for a backup.

I swear I saw something about Hedberg most likely coming back but now I can't find it. Anyone see anything on this or did I just imagine seeing that to ease the pain a little bit? lol

@KevinisInGoal

Appears Devils will keep a goalie ... Johan Hedberg intends to re-sign in New Jersey, according to a team that tried hard to sign UFA G

Kevin Woodley from NHL.com

and now more on Marty

@sroarke_nhl

Word coming frfom several TOR writers is that Leafs chatted with Brodeur but have expectation that Brodeur will remain with NJD #wow

@KevinisInGoal

Appears Devils will keep a goalie ... Johan Hedberg intends to re-sign in New Jersey, according to a team that tried hard to sign UFA G

Kevin Woodley from NHL.com

and now more on Marty

@sroarke_nhl

Word coming frfom several TOR writers is that Leafs chatted with Brodeur but have expectation that Brodeur will remain with NJD #wow

Yup that's the one. Thanks man

Well the Devils will officially be in tatters for the rest of their franchise career if Parise and Brodeur leave.

I mean who else do we have? No one will ever match the .908 sv% Marty put up or the 68 points Zach put up last season! :rolleyes:

I know I don't post on here very much, but I sensed some sarcasm there...

With Marty it's not about hockey, it's about emotion and loyalty. If you can't risk overpaying him for one year at the back end of his career after all he's done for us on the ice with all the money he's saved us off the ice, then you don't deserve any loyalty from the next guy. We want the players to be loyal but we don't give a **** about being loyal to them. It ain't a one-way street.

But hockeywise yeah he had a good second half and playoffs, maybe he keeps it up next year, maybe he doesn't, but I'd rather him and Hedberg in net next year than two kids that aren't ready, or scrubs like Cristobal Huet.

With Marty it's not about hockey, it's about emotion and loyalty. If you can't risk overpaying him for one year at the back end of his career after all he's done for us on the ice with all the money he's saved us off the ice, then you don't deserve any loyalty from the next guy. We want the players to be loyal but we don't give a **** about being loyal to them. It ain't a one-way street.

But hockeywise yeah he had a good second half and playoffs, maybe he keeps it up next year, maybe he doesn't, but I'd rather him and Hedberg in net next year than two kids that aren't ready, or scrubs like Cristobal Huet.

I agree with this entire post.

Right on Has. This is Marty. If he wants 2 years, give him 2 years. We'll deal with the potential consequences. He's meant everything to this franchise, and he's been the most loyal of loyal soldiers. Time to pay back some of that loyalty.

Well the Devils will officially be in tatters for the rest of their franchise career if Parise and Brodeur leave.

I mean who else do we have? No one will ever match the .908 sv% Marty put up or the 68 points Zach put up last season! :rolleyes:

Life is due to go on without Marty before too much longer anyway. I'll always appreciate everything last thing he's done, and I'll never have a bad word to say about his Devil career, but the last two regular seasons have been inconsistent...23-26-3 with a 2.45 GAA and .903 save%, and 31-21-4 with a 2.41 GAA and .908 save%. At times he's looked much like the old Marty, and other times has just looked plain old. The Devils won't be losing the 30-year-old in his prime Marty, they'll be losing the 40-year-old Marty. Big difference, to say the least. I will miss him along with most Devil fans if he goes, but life for this franchise will go on...the inevitable is clearly imminent, whether Marty stays or not.