Immediate rule clarification regarding articles

DevilMinder

Same here Jester. I was going through their licensing area to see just how much it would be to get permission to post the articles. They start at $4 each article for personal viewing and you have to request a quote for public viewing.

I also figured out why they want the old articles pulled, anything older then 14 days is archived and you have to pay to see it.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to point out that I read the posts on articles by Chere, (N)Єverson and Gulitti today but not the actual articles. Had they been posted in this forum, I would have read them. But I really don't have the time to leave this site and read them elsewhere. Oh well...

<JESTER>

How would they get less reads as it seems no one was going to their site anyway! They'll probably get more as some people will likely go to the site now.

LOL Front page OMGWTFBBQ

DM....do they give any indication of how much of an article you could legally quote (while giving a link of course)? Or does it have to be a summary with none of the original material?

I will ask them and see what they say.

I just got off the phone with the Star Ledger rep. She tells me that a few sentences is fine. She says the archiving reason I mentioned before is the true reason this is an issue. They can lose revenue when the whole article is posted here instead of having to pay for the archived article.

As for actually getting permission for the posting of the articles, the fee she mentioned is way beyond our means here to afford.

So the biggest problem they have is with old articles? Well perhaps the best idea might be to move all posts older than a certain date (say beyond the last 6 months to a year) out of "view" to be edited (or not), and then just edit the more recent ones.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.