6 replies to this topic

#1 unibrow

unibrow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:10 AM

Did I not say this would happen people? Nabby's holding out, Kipper's been choking, and Toskala is coming on like the next greatest thing. Hope the guy can hold it together, but nice win for his first NHL game as starting goalie.

#2 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 12:28 AM

I was listening to the game on NHL.com radio, sounds like he made some pretty spectacular saves.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:09 AM

Nice win for the kid.
But neither he nor the Kipper are going to carry the Sharks this year.
They need Nabokov back.
Badly.

#4 unibrow

unibrow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 01:03 PM

Nabby seems to have left the country, so they're pretty much looking for Vesa to have his Calder break-out year like Nabokov did. What was most impressive about Toskala last night was how calm he looked in the net. He didn't give up any bad goals, and the team as a whole looked a little sharper. Still a long way to go since they were playing like crap before this. Also, Kipper is NOT as bad as he looked in those first games. I expect to see him back in goal and playing solid hockey before too long. The Sharks may honestly be a team that can put together a solid season playing the depth chart in goal. I remember Kipper two seasons ago in a play-off game when Nabby was injured, and while they lost, it was a solid performance from him.

#5 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 05:03 PM

Uni...on NHL2Night last night they mentioned that he is still in the country and the problem is that the Sharks was a long term contract and he wants no more than 2 years...the opposite of what most players want but I guess he wants 2 then dew the UFA like LRHB ;) :unsure:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#6 unibrow

unibrow

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 05:54 PM

I didn't hear NHL tonight. Last night. Anyway, local media as of yesterday were reporting him missing. He said if there was no contract by Tuesday (past) that he was leaving for Russia, where he has three contract offers for this year. No one has seen or talked to him since, and he's not practicing with the goal tending coach like he was before. I won't be surprised to see him show up, but the story about their differences in contract is an old one that hasn't changed yet. It's a bummer. I wish he were signed and playing. I guess it didn't hurt Khabibulin all that much, but I wish he wasn't doing it.

#7 SBT

SBT

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 05:33 PM

Toskala played a great game today.
Plenty of stellar saves.
Perhaps Sutter will make him the starter in place of Kiprusoff.
At least until Nabokov returns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users