No replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

New Jersey Devils forward Patrik Elias scored the only goals for his native Czech Republic in a 5-2 loss to Sweden at the IIHF World Championships. Elias was named the best player in the game for the Czechs.

Devils rookie Mattias Tedenby notched an assist for Sweden who will have a chance to earn another International Gold Medal in Sunday’s finale. The Swedes are looking to add to their impressive international resume which includes 8 gold medals at the World Championships. They last won gold in 2006 but have taken home bronze the last two years in a row. Despite Elias and the Czechs elimination, the Swedish victory is good news for Devils fans. Playing for gold will give the youthful Tedenby a chance to add some additional championship experience, only furthering his development as a player.

Sweden will play the winner of the Russia-Finland game being played later today. If the Russians win the Devils will have representation on both sides with Devils sniper Ilya Kovalchuk playing for the Russians and Tedenby for Sweden.

Kovalchuk scored the game winning goal for the Russians yesterday that eliminated Devils Center Travis Zajac and the Canadian Team from medal contention.

Follow me at twitter.com/@westcoastdevfan

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users