Photo

Thrashers' rollercoaster ride hurtling toward Winnipeg?

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#261 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

The owner of the Jets logo is currently the NHL, since they own the Coyotes.

Not if Barry Shankarow held onto the logo and name when he sold the team in 1996. I've read before that he did and that True North wasn't looking to pay him for the rights.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#262 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

I don't think so because I'm pretty sure the reason no Whalers merchandise was being made until recently even though there was plenty of demand for it was because the city still owned the rights to that stuff.

I was told something similar a few years back. At the NHL Store in Manhattan I was surprised at the lack of Whalers stuff. A clerk told me it was because either the City of Hartford or the state of Connecticut owned the rights and weren't letting anyone put the logo on anything except for pucks and crappy stuff like that. Glad to see they've recently let up on that.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users