#1 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:58 PM

http://www.truehocke...ed-for-Workouts

Hopefully he'll be back in September for the start of preseason. Goodness knows we missed him.

(If there's a seperate trend for this, I'll delete this one if I can... still somewhat new to the site)
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

I...kinda hope he doesn't come back, just retires.

I like the guy a lot, I wish him the best as a person, but for the devils...he was solid for us when he played, but I just can't see him coming back at any level close to what he used to bring. After, what, a full year of essentially sitting (not working out on - or off - the ice)?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

Something tells me he will just retire which would be the smart thing to do.

But god damn would I love to see him back on the ice. He was/is a huge part of our D. I miss watching him play.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

If he retires he forfeits all his money. If he tries to rehab but can't get clearance he gets his 2.9 million. The latter would be his preferred scenario, I would guess.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#5 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:51 PM

If he comes back I hope he does it when he's absolutely ready and to not rush it. I would very much like to see him play again though. And I believe he only has one year left on his contract. (correct me if I'm wrong)
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#6 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

If he doesnt come back this year I fear his career is over. Regardless I just want to see him healthy, even if he doesnt play. Having him play however would be 1.2x10^30 times better however.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

From a team point of view too, having to deal with his salary would be a nightmare too......

I wish him well, but wish we could stuff him on IR and let him live out his life.......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

If he retires he forfeits all his money. If he tries to rehab but can't get clearance he gets his 2.9 million. The latter would be his preferred scenario, I would guess.

Yeah but its not always about the money. As long as he can be healthy and enjoy his life with his family thats all that matters.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#9 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

isn't this the last year of his contract anyway? I agree that he, like other guys before him, will not be the same guy they were earlier on. Defensemen get rocked occasionally. He might be thinking about that everytime he retrieves a dump in

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#10 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,503 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yeah but its not always about the money. As long as he can be healthy and enjoy his life with his family thats all that matters.

I believe Salvador can have both the money and the life and family. Would you choose just the life and family if you could have that plus the money?
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

I believe Salvador can have both the money and the life and family. Would you choose just the life and family if you could have that plus the money?

Exactly. It's not like Bryce has made Kovalchuk-money in his carreer. Sure, plenty to keep him happy for the rest of his life, but an extra 2.9 million dollars is, well, an extra 2.9 million dollars.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#12 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

But god damn would I love to see him back on the ice. He was/is a huge part of our D. I miss watching him play.

Agreed. Great player and one of the only complete D-man we had left.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users