• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

#61 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:06 PM

This way you have it with the deadline sure has a lot of threads. Wasn't that thew problem in the first place. I liked it the way it was last year. Messed up but it made for one great thread.

On another note if we hear rumors and unofficial deals and stuff should we post it here?

Rumors go in the Trade Rumors Forum
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#62 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:07 PM

Next year we let Stubbs be the admin for 24 hours. (-:

Well, I figure this way is more work for the admins, but if they're willing to do it... I'm happy either way. I'm easy.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#63 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

you people are really ridiculous with your b/s rules why not just let people post where they want????? its not like its been a day full of trades what have there been 4 WOW
Posted Image

#64 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:18 PM

you people are really ridiculous with your b/s rules why not just let people post where they want????? its not like its been a day full of trades what have there been 4 WOW

Because when there are 4 trades and 14 posts for those trades, the board becomes useless, with posters fighting for position and repeating themselves.

Now the board looks organized, is easy to post on and easy to read, thuis attracting more posters.

Now imagine tomorrow if there are say 50 trades and say 250 posts. The board would be useless.

I think we've done a good job getting it ready for a great day for hockey.

Why not follow our rules?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#65 Elias 2662

Elias 2662

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:22 PM

I really don't care how the trades are organized just that soon when the gates of hell are opened and we're flooded with many new trades, we might have a problem.
"If you're not first, you're last" - Reese Bobby (might as well have been said by Lou Lamoriello)

#66 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:25 PM

Guys. We survived last year's deadline, the year that had the most trades to date.

Who's to say we cannot handle this year? We have two more admins (myself and Has), with myself and DM being on the boards ALL DAY. msweet will be around, and I'm sure Rock and red will do their best to check in as much as possible.

I really don't think it's fair to continue to complain after all the work we've put into this. And like msweet said, the easier it is, the more attractive it is. The easier it is on you, the easier it is on us.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#67 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:32 PM

I meant by umors a sin say on the radio right now their disucssin that Colorado is about to get Kolzig and Barnaby might be sent to Ottawa very soon. Just like tomorrow afternoon as the trade deadline counts down.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#68 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:05 PM

I think "unconfirmed" = "rumor".

RD: You can't please everyone, ya gotta please yourself. People like to complain... and admins are going to be the butts of complaints. Goes with the job. Be happy that most of are very happy with all the work you guys are doing...
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#69 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:19 PM

It's not like this is a pay site, we all come here for free, I'll take any time dedicated to organizing the site the admins can give, and with much appreciation.

#70 Elias 2662

Elias 2662

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:21 PM

Yeah and we shouldn't even be talkign about this now, WHERE ARE THE TRADES????
"If you're not first, you're last" - Reese Bobby (might as well have been said by Lou Lamoriello)

#71 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:22 PM

Yeah allot easier when i must first consult the 2 day posting rules to see if what im doing is ok...
Posted Image

#72 njdevils783

njdevils783

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,083 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:23 PM

But with that said you guys are doing a great job organizing at least
Posted Image

#73 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:25 PM

Yeah allot easier when i must first consult the 2 day posting rules to see if what im doing is ok...

It's not that difficult 783. The rules are from lessons we learned last year and we intend to follow them. It makes our life easier and keeps the information flowing.

#74 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:03 PM

Boring day, huh?
Posted Image

#75 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:12 PM

When did Pittsburgh get Steve Webb? I never even knew they had him, I thought he went to the Wild?

#76 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:15 PM

So we do we post the DISCUSSION threads at?

#77 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:23 PM

Jester, I think you're confusing Webb with Jason Wiemer.

And discussion threads will be posted for the more important trades, general trades will be discussed here.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#78 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:25 PM

Ah.. thats right...thanks Has..

#79 Elias 2662

Elias 2662

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

Buffalo gets Brad Brown from Minny.
The name doesn't ring a bell but I thought they were going to be sellers now considering their awful loss to St. Louis last night....

#80 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:32 PM

Gotta love the Wild dealing players away after their run last year. :cryriver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users