347 replies to this topic

#1 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:32 PM

The purpose of this thread is to discuss general deadline thoughts. Smaller trades can be dicussed in her (like the dinky ATL-FLA trade). Otherwise, bigger trades will get their own dicussion threads.

Thanks.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#2 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:36 PM

Today might wind up being busier than tomorrow. I think everyone's tweaking and all the sellers will want picks and all the buyers will want their guys before someone else can get their hands on them.

On the Sportsnet/broken leg thing, I'm guessing that the dr. that examined Raffy said it looked like it was fractured from his precursory examination. Sportsnet ran with that... and then when the MRI proved differently they just thought it was Lou doing his sell job and stuck by the story.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau, 08 March 2004 - 01:38 PM.

Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:46 PM

I don't know if this belongs in here, but I'll ask it anyway:

Does anyone know how long it takes TSN to send out their mobile alerts? I signed up for the service over the weekend so I could keep track of all the trading deadline drama (I probably won't be able to spend extended amounts of time here tomorrow) and I haven't received this trade yet.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:47 PM

I don't know if this belongs in here, but I'll ask it anyway:

Does anyone know how long it takes TSN to send out their mobile alerts? I signed up for the service over the weekend so I could keep track of all the trading deadline drama (I probably won't be able to spend extended amounts of time here tomorrow) and I haven't received this trade yet.

I signed up for it last year and the trades came insanely late...I mean, I thought I was going to be out for the day but as it turned out I stayed in and I'd get the trades on my cell like 30min to an hour after it was announced on the website.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#5 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:48 PM

Same for the e-mail. Someone said that it was next to useless to sign up.

So, next years second round goes something like:
1) NY Rangers
2) Washington
3) Washington
4) NY Rangers
5) Washington

Edited by Don Whiting, 08 March 2004 - 01:50 PM.

"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#6 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:50 PM

I bet by tomorrow there's at least 2 teams that don't even have to attend the draft.

#7 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,745 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:55 PM

TSN used to unbelievable at the wireless messages, i had everything instantly, several messages a day (even useless info) , but now. If I get anything at all, it's usually late.

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:56 PM

TSN used to unbelievable at the wireless messages, i had everything instantly, several messages a day (even useless info) , but now. If I get anything at all, it's usually late.

Heh, that's ALSO true. There were QUITE a few trades that I NEVER got!

#9 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:57 PM

I signed up for it last year and the trades came insanely late...I mean, I thought I was going to be out for the day but as it turned out I stayed in and I'd get the trades on my cell like 30min to an hour after it was announced on the website.

Thanks RD. I use Opera as my web browser and it has an auto-refresh option, so I'll probably just set the lovely NJDevs.com front page to refresh every 5 minutes or something like that. I don't think I'll be able to hang out in the trade thread, though.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#10 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

Thanks RD. I use Opera as my web browser and it has an auto-refresh option, so I'll probably just set the lovely NJDevs.com front page to refresh every 5 minutes or something like that. I don't think I'll be able to hang out in the trade thread, though.

Don't worry, I'll be CONSTANTLY updating the Front Page (didja see how fast I got the Malakhov deal up there?) :P

#11 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:03 PM

Where do you post first, RD? Front page or here?

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:04 PM

Where do you post first, RD? Front page or here?

Well, this trade was posted in this thread first, but as trades start coming in quickly, I will be posting them on the Front Page first (like I did last year)

#13 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:39 PM

Dallas was the OTHER team on Sean Hill's list... this would sound on the face of it to be better for our chances.

#14 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:40 PM

I dont want Hill........Hes not an improvement over Hale.....
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#15 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

A source I have with the Devils said she has just heard that Barnaby has been traded......wont be announced for a little while though.......
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#16 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,351 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:43 PM

Barnaby to Ottawa has been rumored for a while.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#17 bg.

bg.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

all i know is the rangers have 3 seconds in 2005, so i'm very interested in what is happening if there is not a season.

being that the powers that be most likely do not know...it might be some time before we find out.

either the same order as 2004, or some kind of lottery system. possibly weighted, or just random.

#18 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:50 PM

Well, Therien's pretty worthless, but Malakhov isn't much better these days.

I'm going to miss Devils skating around him as though he were a traffic cone.

I don't know why Dallas is doing this. Isn't their top six Numminen, Sweeney, Zubov, Klemm, Matvichuk, Boucher? Where does Therien fit in?

You're right on the top 6. Maybe they wanted Therien over John Erskine.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#19 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:54 PM

N/M

Edited by JesterDevil, 08 March 2004 - 02:54 PM.

#20 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:59 PM

A source I have with the Devils said she has just heard that Barnaby has been traded......wont be announced for a little while though.......

Who got him?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users