80 replies to this topic

#21 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

No Vanity 6, halfshark? :D This is one of my '80s favorites.

The Time were awesome, and especially awesome that Prince basically wrote all their music.

here you go, but I thought their music was pretty bad (all written by Prince as far as I know but still).

http://youtu.be/_r-Nic6m-70

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 17 June 2011 - 04:19 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#22 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

The Time were awesome, and especially awesome that Prince basically wrote all their music.

here you go, but I thought their music was pretty bad (all written by Prince as far as I know but still).

http://youtu.be/_r-Nic6m-70

The only good thing about Vanity 6 is that "Nasty Girl" is on the soundtrack of awesome teen sex comedy "Private School."

#23 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Lykke Li

Grouplove

Edited by Nature's Minister, 17 June 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Is that a Japanese configuration?

#24 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

I haven't kept up with the John Butler Trio since Grand National so I gotta get back into it. I loved that version of the trio he had there and haven't really heard his stuff with the new members yet. He's such an amazing musician. Zebra was actually the first song I heard that got me hooked, and I love that performance in the video you posted. The other videos from that session you posted like their cover of Message in a Bottle are just awesome, love the solo and how tight the rhythm section is...you can really feel the emotion. One thing I love about John Butler is how much he improvises live too.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

I'm big lately into Manchester Orchestra and Volbeat. Two totally different styles, lol, but those are the two bands I've been playing most on my ipod lately.

If you haven't heard Volbeat, look up "sad man's tongue" on youtube. They're a danish band, a mix between johnny cash-esque vocals and 'tallica music.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#27 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

The DMB Caravan was the best weekend of my life...

Bands I took a particular interest in:

The Head and the Heart
Grace Potter and the Noctournals
Warren Haynes Band
Fitz and the Tantrums
Ray Lamontagne
Thievery Corporation
Guster
Alberta Cross

and of course three full DMB concerts and also a Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic set.

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

The DMB Caravan was the best weekend of my life...

Bands I took a particular interest in:

The Head and the Heart
Grace Potter and the Noctournals
Warren Haynes Band
Fitz and the Tantrums
Ray Lamontagne
Thievery Corporation
Guster
Alberta Cross

and of course three full DMB concerts and also a Dave and Tim Reynolds acoustic set.

NJdevil26, a good friend of mine saw Thievery Corporation last weekend and said they were great. They're not my cup of tea, but the artist who opened for them, Raphael Saadiq, is. He used to be in Tony Toni Tone. OLD SCHOOL, BABY! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5O3OUjA00Y

Edited by Jerrydevil, 29 June 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#29 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

Better then the Original

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur, 05 July 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#30 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

I don't care how old it is, how many times it's been seen, or whatever... I still think it's crazy...

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#31 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,901 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

I don't care how old it is, how many times it's been seen, or whatever... I still think it's crazy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ouPGGLI6Q

Yodeling in rock music? I say a resounding yes! Agreed, it's crazy ... And awesome.

#32 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

Not sure if there's anybody else out there who enjoys harmony driven folk music, but if so, you must check out the new album by Fleet Foxes. Even better than their debut, as impossible as that sounds

Also, if you enjoyed that, then give this a spin. The artist is Niall Connolly, a local NYC folk musician who is pretty damn amazing and will actually sit and have a drink with you after one of his shows. Good fella, great song.

Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#33 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Also, if you enjoyed that, then give this a spin. The artist is Niall Connolly, a local NYC folk musician who is pretty damn amazing and will actually sit and have a drink with you after one of his shows. Good fella, great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaE2Ufg9tzI

You never cease to amaze with your musical taste, Bulletproof. I discovered this same song for myself maybe three days ago and have been playing it non-stop.

I absolutely love the The National reference in the song, naturally.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#34 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

my friend showed me this yesterday, I like it. I can't help but feel like he stole the lyrics from something else, though. Hmm.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 06 July 2011 - 10:42 AM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#35 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

You never cease to amaze with your musical taste, Bulletproof. I discovered this same song for myself maybe three days ago and have been playing it non-stop.

I absolutely love the The National reference in the song, naturally.

Wow, how's that for random! It's funny, Niall is almost a friend of mine. He was the best man at my very good friends wedding and we got introduced that way. Actually saw him at a bar this past Friday playing to a room of 15 people who could've cared less, me being the only one there who was there to see him. He plays gigs all over NYC pretty regularly, usually just him and his guitar but when he gets together with a band, it's usually amazing. Definately worth checking out live and if you ever go to one of his bigger shows, I'll probably be there! In fact, I'm planning on playing a song of his on my podcast tonight, so it's really ironic somebody has heard of him, let alone enjoy his work!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#36 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Wow, how's that for random! It's funny, Niall is almost a friend of mine. He was the best man at my very good friends wedding and we got introduced that way. Actually saw him at a bar this past Friday playing to a room of 15 people who could've cared less, me being the only one there who was there to see him. He plays gigs all over NYC pretty regularly, usually just him and his guitar but when he gets together with a band, it's usually amazing. Definately worth checking out live and if you ever go to one of his bigger shows, I'll probably be there! In fact, I'm planning on playing a song of his on my podcast tonight, so it's really ironic somebody has heard of him, let alone enjoy his work!

Hah, that's pretty awesome. I really have to check out more of his stuff. I literally only know the song you posted, because someone on a National forum a frequent posted it because of the lyric. But I do really like that song. I'll definitely try to check out a show later in the summer.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#37 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sick song by a guy who's going to be huge.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#38 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

I seriously can't stop listening to this groups channel... so brilliant... taking pop videos and syncing new lyrics to the song in a hilarious way
also suggest Black Umbrella from them...

POTATO!!!

#39 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

double post... uhh

GO MUSIC!

Edited by Microwavepizza, 16 July 2011 - 12:22 AM.

POTATO!!!

#40 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

Anyone else a diehard RHCP fan?

New single out today, Adventures of Raindance Maggie. It's...different, but not too bad. Excited as hell for the new album

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users