39 replies to this topic

#21 imissricher

imissricher

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Does Doc live in NJ? I could see someone like him (as accomplished as it gets and wealthy enough to live comfortably for the rest of his life) choosing to work wherever his family is and not caring as much about pay

I thought he lived in Michigan?
"All certified mail is registered...but registered mail is not necessarily certified." --- Newman

imissricher: i got an andrew peters mystery puck last year - not sure i could have gotten a worse player.

DevsMan84: A puck signed by Leeroy at the concession stand would have been better.

Posted Image

#22 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

I dont mind Cangi. Hes very well prepared every night. The only thing i dont like about him is he stares at whoever is speaking like he is in love with that person.

LOL.

Plus, his raging 5-head.

#23 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

I thought he lived in Michigan?

Yes.

I said this in the last "is Doc leaving?" thread and I'll say it here. I don't think Doc will leave the Devils, but if he does, it won't be to go work in Pittsburgh, it'll be to work for NBC/Versus full-time. The fact that he's a Pirates fan doesn't mean squat since they don't play during hockey season.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 06 June 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#24 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Cangialosi is a fine back-up.

#25 Devilstail

Devilstail

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Like everything else the Devils do, they will wait until the absolute last minute. Until then its all status quo!

#26 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Cangialosi is actually quite good and I probably don't like Doc as much as you all. Cangialosi doesn't have the chemistry with Chico that Doc has, but that can be developed.

It's not my money and I don't know what he's looking to get, but I'd seriously consider letting Doc walk, especially since he spends so much time working with Versus/NBC.

Cangialosi and the word "Skaaaaaaaorre"...are you serious? Matt Loughlin is no better. Bring back Mike Miller or Gary Thorne...

#27 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:16 PM

Cangialosi is a fine back-up.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#28 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:53 AM

I am pretty sure the Devils handle everything in regards to THEIR talent. Yes, the Dolan's pay the Devils for the rights to air their games, but the have no say on on-air talent.

I think Doc is probably ready for a change and calling games for Pittsburg probably is more favorable as it will mean less travel for national games next year.

I will miss him a lot, but I understand if he goes to Pittsburgh.

MSG produces, not the Devils. MSG talent that does Rangers games does Devils games does Islanders game, they do a weekly show including people who do the team broadcasts. And Dolan owns the channel. Dolan pays them.
That's why Cangelosi does the games, he's an MSG talent who's done various things for them.

#29 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:23 AM

one of my friends was at red bulls game and saw cangi there and he asked him if he knew what doc was doing. and he said from what cangi said that doc will be staying just for heads up. but still time to see if true.

#30 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:27 AM

one of my friends was at red bulls game and saw cangi there and he asked him if he knew what doc was doing. and he said from what cangi said that doc will be staying just for heads up. but still time to see if true.

e4 or e5? Was this directly through the Continental Airlines security guard?

I keed I keed.

But seriously, I hope Doc stays. It would be really upsetting if he didn't. Canger-sore is fine, I guess... I just don't know if I can put up with "SHAWT SCARRRRR" 82 games a year :/

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#31 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

I dont mind Cangi. Hes very well prepared every night. The only thing i dont like about him is he stares at whoever is speaking like he is in love with that person.

It's because he is.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#32 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

Cangi is fine, he's no Doc obviously but I wouldn't beat my head against the wall (like I do listening to buffalo, flyers, and penguin commentators)..

#33 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

Cangi is a carrot. His fake tan pisses me off. He isnt the worst commentator out there but he isnt anywhere NEAR being the best.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#34 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

I love listening to Doc call a game. To me, a hockey game isn't a hockey game unless he calls it. Would hate to see him leave.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

DANEYKO/SIMPSON 2012!! :gd:

#36 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

it must be summertime @ njdevs ..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#37 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

i hope they keep him his voice is like iconic for hockey haha

#38 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

I love Doc with Chico -- he just is a little more at ease. They both seem like the kindest men on earth - which crazily gives Doc some space to let his wry wit shine. It's almost like he can't do that with other guys because their boundaries are just so much further out.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 June 2011 - 09:31 PM.

I'm here for the party

#39 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

it must be summertime @ njdevs ..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

LOL. How true...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 INLOUWETRUST

INLOUWETRUST

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

Love the Doc, now if only Chico had another offer, send him back to the Isles for a couple of Nathan's hot dogs ?
334 Club member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users